PDA

View Full Version : Custom 4 link design

Steve N 69 69 69
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I'd like to build a custom triangulated 4 link for my daily driven 70 Camaro to work with shockwaves. I've done a lot of searches, and after looking at the aftermarket units, the custom stuff, and measuring my car, I came up with this design.
I plan to use 1.25"x.120" DOM, weld bungs, and 3/4" Teflon lined moly rod ends with high misalignment spacers, on all ends.

To get a longer upper arm I'll add a mount pocket 3" deep toward the back seat, next to the frame.

heres the excel file 49614
Any advice, improvements, greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve

Bryce
09-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Take your Z inputs for the frame side of your and change the height up and down a few inches (represents bump and droop conditions). When I did that it looked like you had a lot of change in arm control arm angles. This may lead to large pinion angle changes. Did you make any adjustments for changing A/S?

Steve N 69 69 69
09-29-2011, 01:37 PM
I would have height adjustment on the lower axle mount, and could have some adjustment on the upper axle mount also. after looking again I think the lower link would need to be mounted lower on the axle for the lower link to be level at ride height. this moves the instant center back 22", and the roll center up 2". Am I correct in trying to shoot for 100% anti squat at ride height?

here's a newer file with lower links moved down 49615