PDA

View Full Version : What's a good 1st Gen Camaro distributor.

TZmtrsprt
09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi all. I'm getting ready to put my small block back in my 68 Camaro. I've been using a GM HEI in the past, but it's just too close to the fire wall for me. What would you recomend for an HEI distributor that is closer to the stock, 68 Camaro dist in size. The engine is a slightly modified 350 that I plan to auto-x and do a little open track when I have enough $'s. What do you think? Thank you for your input! TZ :)

TT302Z28
09-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Goto Summitracing.com, they have the full MSD line that really is the best. As far as an HEI distributor the diameter of a points distributor I haven't seen but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

TheJDMan
09-27-2011, 06:05 AM
I also will be installing a small block early style but I plan on using the Edelbrock EFI system which includes a version of the HEI distributor which can be controlled by the ECM. If you are running a carb I would agree with TT302Z28

indyjps
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
mallory unilite with vac advance, careful though you need the ballast resistor. dont know how unilites compare with msd for prices.

anthonys 69
10-23-2011, 07:48 PM
this should help. http://www.msdignition.com/products/distributors/. good luck

Rod
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
mallory unilite, a MSD 6AL digital box, and an MSD coil, the new MSD digital boxes do not require a ballast resistor, simple set up and very efficient

Cdminter55
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
If money is not problem, Crane Pro-Curve Billet Distributor #1000-1501. The best on the market now. Crane Cams Pro-Curve Billet Distributors are designed for street or all-out race and are accurate to +/- .5 degrees at all RPM levels! The magnetic trigger plug works with most Crane Cams Ignitions plus many others. Features 9 electronically pre-programmed mechanical advance curves, 3 electronically pre-programmed 'vacuum' advance curves and a zero position provides advance lock-out for crank trigger ignitions. Photo-etched, stainless steel trigger disc eliminates flex and corrosion while the aircraft quality upper bearing for long life and precision alignment. The adjustable slip collar (GM applications) is designed for machined block heights. The billet 6061-T6 aluminum housing and composite lower housing bearing holds true alignment. A precision M-A-P sensor is built-in to monitor and adjust for engine load. A solid brass cap terminals ensure maximum current conductivity. These distributors are fully sealed in urethane to keep out dirt, oil, and moisture.