PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone for another great RTTH!

Bill Howell
09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
I want take the time to thank everyone that came to RTTH. Without you guys, this event would not be possible and we would not have built the model that has become the Run To Series.
I am and have always been the idea man but could not do this without my wife Melinda, daughter Jessica, Yancy and Albert.
This year we added the day of driving instruction and that wouldn't have been possible without Danny, Todd, Kyle and Brian. It is huge how many people step up every year and volunteer their time to make this happen.
Then there are the sponsors that have been here year after year. DSE, BFG, Ridetech, Baer, Prodigy Customs, Jet Hot Coatings, Carbon Kustoms, Gateway Mustangs, Speed by Spectre, local support and cruise destination Precision HotRods. We also had several companies step up and we gave away over $13,000 in prizes and gift certificates. Once again this year, we were one of the regional events that was picked as a OUSCI qualifier.
As I said at the awards ceremony, my most proud moment was to give the Todd Gartshore Memorial Spirit of the Event Award to Robert Scheitlin. On Saturday evening, we made an announcement and had an impromptu "Tip Jar" for donations. Those "tipping" Albert's great cooking knew the money would be donated to the Victory Junction Gang in memory of Todd. I am so proud to announce that the total donated was $1900!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy to be involved with such a great group of hot rodders and it encourages me to continue to push the envelope and create more events for next year.
Thanks again guys for all you did to make this the success it was and all I can say is just wait til next year.

Bad94
09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Thank you to everyone that helped put this event on and everyone that came to this event.

I had a blast on friday, and i know everyone else did too. Thank you Danny, Todd, Kyle and Brian. I learned alot in just a few runs. I told Bill that RTTH's was going to give Day at the Strip and Midwest a run for its money on how many runs we would get in. Overall, i think it was very close.

Bill sucks we had to leave early on sunday, But now i can say i have raced the car at 411.

And Bill if you need any help for 2012, just call me, im ready to help.

Thank you.

Ron S
09-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I know I've said it before, but this is my favorite event of the year, so laid back and fun. This year I even got to learn a bunch of stuff, (at no extra charge). I've been trying to get Brian in my car for a couple of years now, and we finally had the time to get it done. Figured out it doesn't turn any better for him then it does for me, and how to possibly fix it. Really want to thank Brian, Danny, Todd, and Kyle for there wealth of knowledge, and you for putting it all together.

I was telling Yancy that I remembered the winning times from last year, and how we blew them out of the water this year. We keep getting better and the series keeps honing the drivers, and cars. No where else in the country can you see this stuff except RTT?

Thanks again to all that helped to put this together. Ron
Don't know why I dig this picture that bonecrusher took, just looks kind of elegant in front of your place

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/09/DSC01388-1.jpg

dropit69
09-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks Bill another awesome weekend..i just love the Smokey Mountain area and this event..i hope to never miss one....Thanks to all that made the event go so smooth !!!!

RS_Customs
09-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I got the chance to met Todd 3 years ago at my first RTTH/PT event and we talked for a while. I could tell he was a stand up guy and was very excited about the hobby.

It is an honor to receive the award in his memory. This will definitely be hanging on my wall! Thank you!

I really enjoy these events and was glad to help out. All the people and sponsors make for a experience that is hard to beat!

Robert Scheitlin

David Sloan
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Thank you Bill
For letting My wife an I hang out with you guy's It was so much fun again this year.
I think we have the very best group of people i have ever seen at any event!! It just dont get any better then this!

Thank's to all the Sponsors an Volunteers You guy are the Best.

SicMonte
09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
wow what an event!!!!!! Thanks to Bill and all the sponsors who help make these type of events happen!!! These events are my "vacations" and I can't imagine doing anything else!

Congrats Rob on the award...you def deserve it!

I cant wait till next year...when I will actually have my car there!

Payton King
09-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Bill as always...Too much fun! I am going to try and start and new trend next year and not have to wrench on my junk at one of your events.

Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Thank you to everyone envolved in putting on this production and the folks that donated their time for the autocross school, what a ball!

68redcamaro
09-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks Bill for another GREAT RTTH's event....... they keep getting better and better. This was my third year in a row to go because I was hooked the very first year I went.

It amazes me at all the hard work that you, your family, all the venders and volunteers put into the event so we can have an action packed three days of fun with our car and meet great people.

The autox school was awesome. You really can never stop learning and I learned something new and different from each instructor. I really don''t know how they didn't get sick from riding around the track as many times as they did. In my opinion you could not have had a better group than Kyle, Brian, Danny and Todd for instructors.

It stiil hasn't fully sunk in that I will be going to Vegas this year. That is something I wanted to do since the first OUSCI.

Can't wait for next year!

Terry