PDA

View Full Version : THANKS BILL-- RTTH was awsome !

damannhw
09-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey Bill,
Just got back in this evening and I wanted to take a minute to THANK YOU and all the others (sorry I don't know them all) for the incredible event today. I know there are many people and sponsors involved in pulling this off, and I wish I could personally thank 'em all. The autocross track layout was superb......fast, technical, and long ! It was only my second autocross to participate in, but definitely the most fun car day I've ever had. Will be back next year for the whole weekend I hope.

CONGRATS on a well planned and exectuted event !!!!!!!

bonecrrusher
09-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Agreed - Thanks Bill - had an awesome time!

Hunter68
09-25-2011, 07:22 AM
my first time and wont be the last, thank you!

TonyBolton
09-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Just adding to the pile, HELLUVA JOB BILL!!!! Sooooo, will you be announcing your bid for Presidency next year? :)

67SSDan
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
No doubt! It was awesome as usual!

Dan

1981silverz28
09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Another BIG thanks to Bill and Melinda and Jess !!!!!!!!! And to all the sponsors that help make this event the best ..

hotrodgirl
09-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Agreed! Well planned and executed. Everyone worked really well together. To have about 80 cars and everyone run the way they did was awesome! GREAT time and look forward to next year!

Mike Holleman
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I actually had FUN at an autocross. I'm starting to get it. The school was great. The course layouts excellent. Everything ran very smoothly. Thanks Bill and crew for a great event. And where did that Canadian fellow learn to cook? Great pork chops Albert. Let me know how I can help with future events Bill.
Mike Holleman

Yelcamino
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
THANKS BILL! Thanks to everyone that helped Bill with this one as well!

Carol and I had a great time and are already looking forward to RTTH 8!

Tucks69
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Had a great time Bill, and I didn't bring a car.Enjoyed hanging out at the Toy Box! Trouble will be there next year! All of you did a great job with the event as usual. Looking forward to #8!!

coolwelder62
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Kevin and I Just got home.13.5 hour drive.I too would like to thank Bill And everybody who was there.We had an awesome time.Great people,good food (Thanks To Albert Melchior-who served Steaks to everyone sat. night).Brian Finch and Kyle Tucker who pitched fri afternoon to help out w/my power steering pump.Thanks Scott Mock.

LeadSSled
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Bill, this is my most favorite regional event of the year. I would travel for this even if it were not in my back yard. The cars are BAD ASS and the people are even better. Being a Knoxvillian, this was the first time that I stayed at the host hotel and was able to bring my wife, Laura. She is already talking about "next year". Thanks you for letting me bring the 4200-lb. taxi-cab on 275-wide street tires out to play with the big dogs. I love the Pro-Touring movement and hope someday to be able to build and bring a competive machine. Until then, I'll have fun with the Granpa-car.

In RTTH7, you and your very capable support crew pulled off the most organized and fun event that I have ever attended... and I'm no snot-nosed rookie. 960 runs in 6-1/2 hours? This isn't our typical local autocross. :) Great job! I salute you and the RTTH crew! May RTTH live forever!

JMitch19
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
This was the first real ProTouring event we have done. My wife and I both had a blast. It was good meeting everyone. We will be attending as many events as we can from here on out.

Thanks to everyone who put time in to make it all happen.

David Sloan
09-26-2011, 04:10 AM
As always
We had a blast even with out a car,
It is Such a pleasure to get to hang out with all the people that come to this event that Bill,Yancey,Finch,Albert an family's all help to put this together.
The best part is they let me come and hang out with you guys.
Thank you All. Thank you Pro-Touring for giving us a place to find each other.

Slick68
09-26-2011, 05:02 AM
I only attended(spectated) the Autocross, but I had a great time!! My boys also loved it! I thought everything was very well organized. Great job to all those involved in planning this event!! I only got to meet a few of you. The cars were absolutely awesome!! I can't wait for next year's event. Hopefully, I'll be able to enter something.

ty1295
09-26-2011, 05:02 AM
As my first Run event, and 2nd pro-touring event I want to thank everybody that puts the time in to make this happen AND of course all the sponsors. Without both these things just can't happen.

I plan to be at a few more next year so watch out. Had I not been on 180TW tires I believe the winning outcome of drag racing would have been different, and 2nd place in speed/stop changed also. Next year I won't let that happen. :)

As a new person is there an easy link to go to for all the rules, how contigency works, who is eligible, etc? Of course if changes are in store be nice to know that also.

surnufz
09-26-2011, 05:10 AM
This RTTH was AWESOME! A big thank you to Bill Howell and all the other folks that helped to make this event possible. The auto cross school was awesome. The autocross on Saturday was the best I've ever experienced. A special thanks to Kyle Tucker for the time he spent with me teaching me how to use the brakes and steering to improve my times, and Danny Pop for the quickest and most violent ride of my life! Unbelievable! And thanks to Albert for the great steak dinner Saturday night. I enjoyed seeing and hanging with all my old friends and making a bunch of new friends. The quality of the folks associated with pro-touring and the availability to have this much fun with a car is staggering. Thanks again for letting me be part of it, I'm hooked for life!

Atomic 67
09-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Bill,

Absolutely a terrific event...a big thanks to you, Yancey (your heavy) and Robert for keeping the cars rolling thru the timing lights. Definitely RTTH 7 was a well organized event...you have my recommendation as VP in 2012. Albert...thank you for a terrific meal. Oh...Mike Manning your anti-pasta salad recipes should placed in your Autowire catalog.

Junior

dusterbd13
09-26-2011, 05:57 AM
i want to thank you all as well. it was the best event ive beem to all year. best food, best fellowship, best autocross course.
if theres anything my family and i can do next year to help out, please let me know. be more than happy to help.

michael

pantman23
09-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Job well done, another excellent event! Big thanks to the Howells, the volunteers, the sponsors, Precision Hot Rods, cooks, and the other participants! Thanks again Bill for the Toy Box hospitality and use of garage space and tools.

RomsMotors
09-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Like to thank Bill, Yancey, vendors, and everyone esle that helped to put on this event, My dad and I had a blast. Can not wait for next years.

xxxturbo6
09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
I wanted to say THANK YOU to Bill Howell and his family for a wonderful time.

This Thank You also goes out to each and every sponsor and many people involved in pulling off such an amazing event.

The autocross track layout was superb......fast & technical! Danny Popp and Tony you guy's did one hell of a job on this years track layout!! 80 cars, 960 runs in 6-1/2 hours? UNREAL...

Alberts food & cooking was superb! Thank You Buddy!

It was a wonderful time getting to meet old friends from years past and getting to meet new ones this year....I had a wonderful time!

Until next year, Take care everyone!

Scot W.

JEFFTATE
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks Bill , Yancy , Melinda , Precision Rod and Customs , Albert Melchior , Danny Popp , Todd Rumpke , RideTech , Detroit Speed , Carbon Customs , Gateway Classics , Baer Brakes , Spectre Performance , Prodigy Customs , Brian Finch , and all the participants !
I had a great time this year .

Having the Autocross Instruction on Friday was great !! I needed it !
Dinner at Precision Rod and Customs was great , they are good people and have great products .

Saturdays Autocross was great .
I can't believe we ran 80 cars through the autocross at 12 laps each .
That's 960 timed laps from 9:30am to 4:00 pm !
We are really getting this down to a science .

Saturday Night at the Toy Box was great too .
Alberts cooking is some of the best ever !
The party , the Movie ( Oh Brother , Where art Thou ? ) was great .
I'm sure the whole valley enjoyed watching it on the side of Bill's Toy Box .

Kyle Tucker , Stacy Tucker , Danny Popp , Todd Rumpke , Little John , Frank Serafine , Jason Childress, Myself , Yancy Johns , Brian Finch , Robert Scheitlin , Riley Cook , Matt Altamore , Darren Stalnecker , and Brad Grainger went go-carting !
What a blast .
We were three sheets to the wind .
The go-cart guy said he didn't know if he should let us run , because we looked as if we'd been drinking .
We denied drinking and got on the track and proceeded to bump and spin each other out .
I think the old guy was about to lose his breath from blowing the whistle at us .
I don't think we can go back to that go cart track again , our pictures are posted in the office .
Its pretty cool to get to race and spin with the likes of Danny Popp , Brian Finch , Kyle Tucker , and Todd Rumpke .

Sunday was great at the dragstrip .
The speed stop challenge gets faster every year ..

Thanks again to all the sponsors and organizers .

1coolC2
09-26-2011, 12:09 PM
My 1st RTTH event, wow...... what a hoot! Great group of folks (until you hit the go kart track after mid night...then all bets are off ..ha ha) Thanks to Bill and all of the folks who sponsored and supported this event, by far the coolest car event I have ever attended. Special thanks to Danny Pop, your instruction on the auto X was a HUGE help!! I am hooked, just got to keep working on turning, the car goes really fast when the wheel is pointed straight :-) See you all next year!!

R/
Jeff

dropit69
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
WOW Jeff you were hammered i didnt go go carting..lol..but did have a great time at the event as usual and want to thank all involved..the autocross school helped out alot..

hotrodgirl
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Well crap! Since I missed the school, 'track instruction' on a go cart track would have been a great alternative! Anywho...I hope to meet more of you next time!

I hope to post pictures tomorrow...I have about 800 to go through.

jhiphopjunky
09-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Awesome!

Dane Laney
09-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks Bill, and everyone elese who helped with this great RTTHS VII event, I had the best time, drove my car there, entered all three days of events and drove home, running the hell out of the car, no problems,,, I wll be at everyone I can from now on,,, so count me in , I can't say enough on how good everyone was and how much fun I had,, thank you again Bill and everyone who was involved, Dane Laney #28

JEFFTATE
09-27-2011, 04:41 AM
WOW Jeff you were hammered i didnt go go carting..lol...

What ??? !!

You weren't there ? I coulda' sworn you were there .

ProdigyCustoms
09-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Since we bought the new Prodigy Customs faciltiy, the only chance I get to work on setting up the new place just like I want it is the weekends. So I have been ignoring my hot rods on weekends and working on the new shop and skipping all shows and events this season.

With that said, there is one event I could not miss and that of coarse in RTTHs. My hot rods are collecting dust right now so we jumped in the WS6 and cruised up not to race, but to hang out with my friends eat, drink, tell stories, and go kart race, LOL! Which BTW, I cracked something, like a rib! But I would not trade that sore rib and biceps for all the memories and laughing!

Bill and his crew have really turned this into a major can't miss event that started with a dozen of us Pro Touring Dot Com guys getting together 7 years ago. At that time there was no car action events for Pro Touring. Now because of Bill (I know you have help but it is OK to accept responsibility), there are multiple events and the Pro Poser Cars are no more!

It hurt hearing stories about events I missed this year while playing carpenter at the new shop! But that won't happen next year!

I encourage anyone who has not been to a event, if your car is finished, bring it. If your car is not finished, come on anyway. I guarantee you will go home and start working on that car again!

RS_Customs
09-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Oh man what a fun time!

Hanging out with great friends and cars, what a blast.

The 11pm gp-cart run was just crazy. 16 of us out on the track, after the 1st of 4 sessions I think it more resembled a demolition derby on a figure 8 track than racing lol. I have not laughed that hard in a long time lol.

Between all the driving (cruise, autox and drag), the cool stuff he won, and of course the great people, I think we got my buddy with the rx7 hooked on the events! lol

Thanks to everyone that made the event possible! All the sponsors and volunteers are top notch!

And if you didn't come or have not been to a PT event, you just don't understand what you are missing!

Robert Scheitlin

ProdigyCustoms
09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Between all the driving (cruise, autox and drag), the cool stuff he won, and of course the great people, I think we got my buddy with the rx7 hooked on the events! lol

He won our Forgeline giveaway. I would be hooked too if I won a $4K set of wheels!

Seems like a cool guy and a NASTY little RX7. Everytime that thing got on boost it would try to burn the tires.

crusader9x
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
.....Kyle Tucker , Stacy Tucker , Danny Popp , Todd Rumpke , Little John , Frank Serafine , Jason Childress, Myself , Yancy Johns , Brian Finch , Robert Scheitlin , Riley Cook , Matt Altamore , Darren Stalnecker , and Brad Grainger went go-carting !
What a blast .
We were three sheets to the wind .
The go-cart guy said he didn't know if he should let us run , because we looked as if we'd been drinking .
We denied drinking and got on the track and proceeded to bump and spin each other out .
I think the old guy was about to lose his breath from blowing the whistle at us .
I don't think we can go back to that go cart track again , our pictures are posted in the office .
Its pretty cool to get to race and spin with the likes of Danny Popp , Brian Finch , Kyle Tucker , and Todd Rumpke .

I think the best part about that night of go-carting was actually before we started, when the guys working there were having the "employee meeting". Apparently they were trying to decide whether or not to let us onto the track like Jeff has said. Turns out Jason, pretty sure it was him, went over and convinced them we were not and had not been drinking while a certain member of our party had a beer in there hand lol.

....Between all the driving (cruise, autox and drag), the cool stuff he won, and of course the great people, I think we got my buddy with the rx7 hooked on the events! lol.....

True story....:lol:

He won our Forgeline giveaway. I would be hooked too if I won a $4K set of wheels!

Seems like a cool guy and a NASTY little RX7. Everytime that thing got on boost it would try to burn the tires.

Yea.....Ill defiantly be around now. If Robert has his way those wheels wont be going on my Rx7....Going to have to wait see about that one though. Once again I am so thankfull of you guys :hail::hail::hail:

NASTY little RX7.....I like that. Think Ill use it :lol:.

But in all seriousness, I am truly grateful for everything Bill Howell did. Without Bill, none of the above would have been possible.

Bow Tie 67
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
What ??? !!

You weren't there ? I coulda' sworn you were there .

It was Rubes, not Darrin, and we both know I was the hammered one. LOL

Thanks to all for a great weekend, even without the car.

bret
09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I get the privelige of attending a LOT of autocross and pro-touring type events during the year....its kinda my job. If I was forced to drop all but one....if I had to remove ALL RideTech decals or designations from my car...even if I could not have an adult refreshment in the evenings at Bill's shop...Run Through the Hills is the one event I would go to. Thanks Bill...you ALWAYS make this the highlight of the year!

Larry Callahan
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
A quote from Bret I found on Facebook regarding the weekend.

"On my way home from the Run Through the Hills autocross event in pigeon forge tn. That group of people is the definition of a drinking club with a car problem..."

LOL!!!!

GeoffP
09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
What's my excuse then - I don't drink but I definitely have a car problem. Not that I made it to RTTH this year, but I will definitely be attending again in the future!

tazzz25906112
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
LOL GeoffP,,,, we don't just drink,,, we sip too LOL...

It's all smile and miles gang,,,, and this group is about having as much fun as you can,,, I love it......

lotarust
10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
A little late but I have to thank everyone that made this weekend what it was ! I can't describe the pride I felt watching Kenny running in the autocross school on friday. I had a great weekend with no breakdowns and logged 2,110 miles on the mustang! I feel we are very lucky to have a group of people that do so much for each other . I am honored to be in their presence. Between Bill and all his people and the support from the venders and the intructors.

( I think Kenny got a few inches taller after friday)

ProdigyCustoms
10-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Pretty sure 2110 miles gets you in the Rat Pack

tazzz25906112
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Yes Sir a little Red Mustang and his owner,,, another RatPack member ;-)

Bill Howell
10-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I get the privelige of attending a LOT of autocross and pro-touring type events during the year....its kinda my job. If I was forced to drop all but one....if I had to remove ALL RideTech decals or designations from my car...even if I could not have an adult refreshment in the evenings at Bill's shop...Run Through the Hills is the one event I would go to. Thanks Bill...you ALWAYS make this the highlight of the year!

WOW, thanks for the kudos Bret! It is funny how the one event that started out as a group of friends getting together somehow became the granddaddy of all the current events and the one people look forward to the most. I guess a blind squire finds a nut sometimes. RTTHs is of course in my front yard but we do look forward to having everyone here every year and I really like it when everyone has fun. From humble beginnings to the crowd now, Albert's dinners, and the fun everyone seems to have is really amazing. The best part of the weekend to me was when we counted up the "tip jar" and had $1900 more to donate to Victory Junction in memory of our good friend Todd. I am sure he smiled down on us that night. :)

JMitch19
10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
So to become a RatPack member do you need to travel over 2k miles to one event? Just curious, we put about 1500 miles on the Camaro driving it to RTTH. I was kind of worried about not taking the trailer on a trip that long at first, but I'm glad I didn't. Driving it down was a lot of fun. It seemed like the speed limit through Kentucky and Tennessee was just a recommendation not a requirement.

tommycomfort
10-09-2011, 04:10 AM
So to become a RatPack member do you need to travel over 2k miles to one event? Just curious, we put about 1500 miles on the Camaro driving it to RTTH. I was kind of worried about not taking the trailer on a trip that long at first, but I'm glad I didn't. Driving it down was a lot of fun. It seemed like the speed limit through Kentucky and Tennessee was just a recommendation not a requirement.

That's correct Jason, 2k miles in one trip is the guideline. You should have no problem getting that when you start attending events next year.
Tom :)