PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Engine Deal from TRAVIS ... This is a MUST READ!

Glock 18
09-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Shortly after I joined Pro-Touring.com about 1 1/2 years ago, I ran across these FOR SALE ads from this guy selling great-looking engine, engine/trans combinations. I was planning on building a big block for my Chevelle, but those LS motors were appealing. Every time I checked out the FOR SALE ads, this name Travis kept turning up with another great motor for sale. I read everybody's comments about what a good guy Travis was and he always gave everybody a good, square deal. And this went on and on and on! A few weeks ago I posted a question in the engine section "BBC or LS1?" A lot of people responded, and Andrew nailed it with his detailed answers in favor of the LS1. I was already thinking about a LS motor anyway. I got Travis' number from one of his ads and called him a few Sundays ago. He said he just got an '04 GTO LS1 and he had a T56. He sent several pictures. Several phone calls later (15, 20, 30, hell I lost count) a deal was struck. I just happen to have a second cousin, Randy, who lives near Travis in Indianapolis. He met Travis and looked at the motor for me. Randy said Travis seemed to be an honest guy and he happens to be friends with Travis' uncle. After hearing this I pulled the trigger! Everything shipped on R&L Carriers. Today (Friday 9-23-11) I got my '04 GTO LS1 motor and T56 transmission with radiator/electric fans and couldn't be happier! Everything was just as Travis described it. With this being said, I CAN FULLY, 100% RECOMMEND BUYING AN ENGINE FROM TRAVIS! Travis is a people-oriented person. He enjoys talking to folks and answered all my questions (there were lots of them). PERFECT business transaction!! Thanks Travis! :cheers:

camloops11
09-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Dumb question but, how much did that all cost you? 7000? 8000?

rocketrod
09-24-2011, 02:40 AM
Travis is a stand up guy. I bought my motor from him in July and we still talk regularly and he has even called me a couple times to see how my install is going.

Dumb question but, how much did that all cost you? 7000? 8000?
It depends on what your after. I bought a low mileage LS2/4l70e with harness, pedal and ecm/tcm from him for $4800. Do a search on daytonayellaz https://www.pro-touring.com/search.php?searchid=1027189 and look through his previous Parts For Sale listing.

Glock 18
09-24-2011, 06:23 AM
My setup was just south of $5K.

dadto2jays
09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Thats great it is so hard to find an honest good person nowdays.....

Taylor1969
09-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Another one for Travis! He hooked me up with my LS2. Great guy to deal with and delivers exactly what he says.

Chris

daytonayellaz
10-26-2011, 04:53 AM
Wow Shane! Thanks for all the kind words my friend! Very nice to read this, makes all the hard work a little easier when seeing posts like this. It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and the transaction was smooth and easy. Im very excited for you and looking forward to hearing from you with updates. We are now fellow 69 chevelle owners:cheers:

daytonayellaz
12-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Travis is a stand up guy. I bought my motor from him in July and we still talk regularly and he has even called me a couple times to see how my install is going.

It depends on what your after. I bought a low mileage LS2/4l70e with harness, pedal and ecm/tcm from him for $4800. Do a search on daytonayellaz https://www.pro-touring.com/search.php?searchid=1027189 and look through his previous Parts For Sale listing.

Thanks Rod! It was a true pleasure to meet you and I have enjoyed our many talks since then... Get that car running and come back over...:cheers:

Another one for Travis! He hooked me up with my LS2. Great guy to deal with and delivers exactly what he says.

Chris

Chris.... It was a true pleasure dealing with you also my friend! I have been keeping a eye on your progress with your car. Looking good man! Thanks for the props bro! :cheers:

MCB Matt
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
We have talked with him as well. Has been HIGHLY recommended on the forums! I will be buying a motor or two from him!

Actually, i am working on building a 93 landcruiser...lift, ect as I have built one in the past.

The stock motor will run forever but its a PIG PIG PIG

I don't need high HP, more so I need TQ

Was thinking 6.0 or 6.2 caddy motors with 4-6 speed

Shoot me a PM with some suggestions. I need a turnkey setup if you can as I have NO time to fab a harness and don't really want to run a sep. trans ctl and would LOVE a 6 speed auto.

Not sure what to do on the t-case yet either but it won't be an all wheel drive anymore so I need a STRONG part time case!

Thanks and looking forward to doing some business with Travis

Matt

jeremy30thz
05-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I would also like to commend Travis for being one of the most honest and stand up guys I have ever met. I just purchased a 4L70e transmission from him and he really went out of his way to get it to me quickly because it was going in my sons daily driver and it turned out to be a excellent trans at a great price but I knew it would be. Thanks again Travis for another easy transaction!