PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys Charlotte Autocross

musclecarmatt
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey guys...well the goodguys show for charlotte is coming up fast...in 5 weeks.....i planning coming up friday afternoon to hit DSE shop party and spend saturday and some sunday doing autocross...be first time for 71 do some autox action..very excited.....who's all going?

Matt

troysspeedshop
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
going to try;n make it

dontlifttoshift
09-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Here I thought Id be traveling far......

I'll be there

Donny

Slick68
09-26-2011, 07:59 AM
I got my registration in the mail last week. I'm gonna try to take the 68 on the autox and see how she does. I don't imagine I'll be competetive on my first time out, but hopefully I'll see what I need to work on.

musclecarmatt
09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I got my registration in the mail last week. I'm gonna try to take the 68 on the autox and see how she does. I don't imagine I'll be competetive on my first time out, but hopefully I'll see what I need to work on.

do it!....i probably wont be most competitive either...since this my first time doing autox lol.....we'll see...just mainly for fun time!

dontlifttoshift
09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Do it to have a good time, that's how I got hooked.

Also, truck class is notoriously weak (like street rod) so there is a good chance of going home with goodies.....

rivs68
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm seriously considering it....If I can work it out...I'll be there

musclecarmatt
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm seriously considering it....If I can work it out...I'll be there

do it man....last year was wicked cool!....plus DSE holding a shop party friday night!

rivs68
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
do it man....last year was wicked cool!....plus DSE holding a shop party friday night!

Ok...I'm in....Any opinion on which hotel to stay in?? Some place that respects what we drive and they'll be safe??

See ya there...:drive:

sniper
09-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok...I'm in....Any opinion on which hotel to stay in?? Some place that respects what we drive and they'll be safe??

There are plenty of hotels just a mile up the road from the speedway.

musclecarmatt
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM

I staying at the sleep in & suites....its only mile from speedway...heck if you stay there can park with me.....heres the link to hotel:

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-concord-north_carolina-NC334

musclecarmatt
10-18-2011, 07:21 PM
only 10 days!!....

Slick68
10-19-2011, 04:47 AM
I need to hurry up and get my engine running. I just got it put back in Sunday. I'm waiting on my painter to finish my valve covers.

rivs68
10-19-2011, 01:57 PM
See ya there...I hope to be gettin in late morning Friday....

musclecarmatt
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM
See ya there...I hope to be gettin in late morning Friday....

cool deal man...yea i probably be getting up there early friday afternoon.....which hotel you staying at?

rivs68
10-19-2011, 02:40 PM
cool deal man...yea i probably be getting up there early friday afternoon.....which hotel you staying at?

Sleep Inn & suites...as per your recommendation...Thanks btw

musclecarmatt
10-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Sleep Inn & suites...as per your recommendation...Thanks btw

no problem....going to the DSE open house friday night?......if i see your car i park with ya....

tommycomfort
10-19-2011, 03:44 PM
We'll be there with our 66. Should get in 0-dark-30 Friday morning if all goes as planned.

bonecrrusher
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I'll for sure be at the DSE open shop on Friday - I'll be staying a my hotel, errr house... LOL.

I might be able to make it to GG on Sunday - just not sure at this time.

musclecarmatt
10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
We'll be there with our 66. Should get in 0-dark-30 Friday morning if all goes as planned.

sweeeet!...you staying at sleep inn & suites?

tommycomfort
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM
sweeeet!...you staying at sleep inn & suites?

I know we opted not to stay at the host hotel to save some $$$. I'll have to ask Deb, but I would think it is a Comfort Suites since that is where we usually stay on road trips.

musclecarmatt
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I know we opted not to stay at the host hotel to save some $$$. I'll have to ask Deb, but I would think it is a Comfort Suites since that is where we usually stay on road trips.

oh ok cool....hopefully get see that chevelle....looks wicked!

tommycomfort
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
oh ok cool....hopefully get see that chevelle....looks wicked!

Thanks, but don't get your hopes up too much. It's pretty beat up and will be filthy when we get there. Make sure you introduce yourself!

musclecarmatt
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks, but don't get your hopes up too much. It's pretty beat up and will be filthy when we get there. Make sure you introduce yourself!

hey...thats part of the experience....i definately will..i pretty much only guy i seen around with white with blk stripes camaro with V40's lol..pretty easy to spot lol....going to DSE open house friday night?

bonecrrusher
10-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I'll probably be there in the 2 tone Vette... LOL.

tommycomfort
10-20-2011, 04:51 AM
hey...thats part of the experience....i definately will..i pretty much only guy i seen around with white with blk stripes camaro with V40's lol..pretty easy to spot lol....going to DSE open house friday night?

White Camaro, black stripes, V40's, got it! We'll definitely be going to the DSE open house on Friday, probably the biggest reason we are going. That and we're not ready to be done with the Pro-Touring season. Deb confirmed that we are staying at the Comfort Suites, but didn't know where exactly, but only 4ish miles from the track.

I'll probably be there in the 2 tone Vette... LOL.

It'll be good to see you again Craig!

rivs68
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
no problem....going to the DSE open house friday night?......if i see your car i park with ya....

I am planning on it and looking forward to it.... this is kinda the last hoorah for me....It already starting to feel like winter up here...Frost warning tonight...Ick

musclecarmatt
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
cool deal guys.....really looking forward to it!....now go finish tuning up the camaro...

musclecarmatt
10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
do anybody wanna meet up and cruise together to DSE open house friday afternoon?

dontlifttoshift
10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
What time? I won't leave the autocross early just to get a "spot" at DSE but if you are leaving after that my better half and I are in.

Steve, are you driving down?

Donny

tommycomfort
10-25-2011, 02:13 AM
What time? I won't leave the autocross early just to get a "spot" at DSE but if you are leaving after that my better half and I are in.

Donny

I'm with Donny on this one.

musclecarmatt
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
i mean probably be after autocross which ends at 4 i believe......not sure what time exactly i getting to the track friday...it either be late morning or early afternoon....

rivs68
10-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Donny

Sort of....Driving my truck with the trailer....I know...shameful...I just don't have enough time on the car to be comfortable driving it that far....I have family 70 miles north of Charlotte, so my plan is to leave the truck and trailer there thurs. night Then just drive the car down friday morning....

Are you driving the coupe down???

I am also in for the cruise to DSE after the autocross and I'll have to stop and check in to the hotel....

dontlifttoshift
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
The roadster? Yes. We are leaving in the morning. We are spending a topless (car, not us) few days in the smoky mountains after the show. going to ride the dragon and do some sight seeing. Probably going to Lynchburg TN on the way home to see the birthplace of my favorite intoxicator......

Matt, your PM box is full but you will find a map in your registration packet.

rivs68
10-25-2011, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=dontlifttoshift;848814]The roadster? Yes. We are leaving in the morning. We are spending a topless (car, not us) few days in the smoky mountains after the show. going to ride the dragon and do some sight seeing. Probably going to Lynchburg TN on the way home to see the birthplace of my favorite intoxicator......

Yes...roadster...Oops :)

Very cool....Sounds like a great way to make an even more fun trip out of it...I wish I had that much time...I'm leaving tomorrow night...then back to work Tues... I really need to start planning vacations around these things....

Have a safe trip...

See ya in Charlotte

musclecarmatt
10-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Matt, your PM box is full but you will find a map in your registration packet.

Thanks!

i never been to DSE shop...how far is it from CMS?.....what time yaw would like meet up? or where?.....should know by tomorrow night or thursday when i will be rolling up there friday...

musclecarmatt
10-26-2011, 07:40 PM
this week has flown by...only a day left....sweeet!

Slick68
10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey guys. I'm also booked at the Sleep Inn. I'm heading out tomorrow morning about 10ish, which should put me in town about 2-3ish. I'll see some of you at the DSE shop. If not maybe we will meet Saturday or Sunday. I won't be auto-xing the truck this weekend. I just got my engine put back and up and running this week, and still don't have it timed and tuned correctly. I just hate to take the chance this soon. Also, with no time to road test, I'm gonna trailer it. (I know, I know. Blasphemy!!)

dontlifttoshift
10-27-2011, 05:13 PM
DSE is only about 45 minutes away....I wAs there today.

Kyle and his crew bailed me out big time. By the time I got here all my tie rod ends were junk and loaned me a space and tools to get it taken care of. In the middle of everything they have going on up there they made time for a nobody like me. As always nothing but class from the DSE team. Thanks!!

See you all tomorrow

musclecarmatt
10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
alright guys....leaving out from my house around 11AM....should be up there around 1-2ish......mite cruise in the track and show my car abit and walk around see some cars friday afternoon.......then i will be going to DSE open house!.....Saturday and Sunday i will be doing autocross both them days....

slick68 and rivs68....wanna meet up at the hotel around 3pm?..then leave little later for DSE open house?..think thats the check in time..just ideas...

if anybody needs my number so meet up just pm me......

musclecarmatt
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
in charlotte!...friday was good and DSE open house turned cold and little rainy right now.......heading out to autocross tommorrow morning!

71duster
10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
we were going to come out,but the weather looked like crap and we are getting married in a couple weeks,so alot going on! you guys have fun and give us an update!

dontlifttoshift
10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
It was cold today but the autocross was great. Trent put together a great big track with plenty of room to move around. Jeff Scwartz set fast time early on with a 39.3 and the rest of us played catch up all day. Tom ran a mid 39 in his chevelle and so did Jason in the RideTech Chevelle. I went 39.7 :D. I'm pretty happy with the car right now and so is my wife....she went 40.2.....

We'll see what tomorrow is. The weather should be better and some more cars are coming out, including Kyle in the chevy II.

See you tomorrow

Donny

dontlifttoshift
10-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Tom is leading overall by a few hundredths!!

RS_Customs
10-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Big track? Was it not the typical hour glass setup?
Sounds like you guys are having fun!

Robert

musclecarmatt
10-29-2011, 04:54 PM
first time autocross the camaro....and the car felt awesome..still need some suspension tweaking..wow i'm addicted now....got 5 runs in....first run was 45.962.......to my best run which was next to my last at 43.135.....after adjusting the shocks and tire pressures....going try to make some more runs tomorrow..see if i cant do some more adjustments and get quicker..i'll upload the videos later this weekend....

musclecarmatt
10-30-2011, 04:15 PM
well weekend is over.....an it was awesome....turned my best lap at 41.723...and my first official autocross...i will be doing more events now...im hooked!..still was trying to dial in the air pressure......got ton of video...tom,donny,and steve's car i see if i can post them up soon....my computer slow soo mite take abit!.......

GeoffP
10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Who won???

GeoffP
10-30-2011, 04:30 PM
I just got a message from Tom Farrington that he WON! :) I was there most of the day yesterday and got to see all of his runs (and got to ride once too). He was on top of his game - I am VERY impressed!

musclecarmatt
10-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I just got a message from Tom Farrington that he WON! :) I was there most of the day yesterday and got to see all of his runs (and got to ride once too). He was on top of his game - I am VERY impressed!

yea man...he got top run.....not sure exactly what time he ran...thinking in the 39's..

Wiedo
10-31-2011, 05:30 AM
CONGRATS TOM
You are DA MAN !!!!! You and the car performed well. Great job !! Enjoyed hanging out with y'all this weekend. Wiedo

tommycomfort
10-31-2011, 05:41 AM
CONGRATS TOM
You are DA MAN !!!!! You and the car performed well. Great job !! Enjoyed hanging out with y'all this weekend. Wiedo

Thanks Greg. It's always good to see your smiling face at events. The car did run great. Mike Norris knocked it out the park when he dyno tuned it a few weeks ago. Honestly the car pretty much drove itself this weekend.
Tom

tommycomfort
10-31-2011, 05:46 AM
Not our fastest run, but the only video we have. Really cool to see it on the "Big screen" too!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/10/th_M4H05423-1.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/tommycomfort/GG%20Charlotte%202011/?action=view&current=M4H05423.mp4)

musclecarmatt
10-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Hey tom...here's a vid i got of you friday.....running 39.442

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHzXBqV-RGg

66SuperSport
10-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Nice job Tom!!! Looked like a really fun course to drive. Congrats on your first GoodGuys win. I'm sure it will not be the last.

GeoffP
10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
I just checked out your pics - y'all were packed in like sardines! :) (I would've done the same!)

Bad94
10-31-2011, 12:48 PM
The car did run great. Mike Norris knocked it out the park when he dyno tuned it a few weeks ago. Honestly the car pretty much drove itself this weekend.
Tom

Tom, Thanks for letting me drive the car on sunday. You have the car set up very very good.

You ran in the 39's, deb went in the 40's-41's and then i went 41. something, the first time driving the car, and wasnt even pushing it hard. I do have to say that LS motor is pretty darn nice.

dontlifttoshift
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Tom is too modest to say but he really kicked ass this weekend. He ran the fastest OVERALL which is a lot considering the hardware that was there. That win was earned for sure but it was well deserved for Tom, Deb, and their driving coach Sam.

Worth noting is that when a lot of the serious hardware went the trailer on Sunday Tom threw his new t56 in the trunk and DROVE home.

Great show! For those that missed it, put it on your list for next year.

Donny

eric1967
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Great job Tom. That thing is flying through the corners. Very cool video. Thanks for posting Eric

Bad94
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Tom is too modest to say but he really kicked ass this weekend. He ran the fastest OVERALL which is a lot considering the hardware that was there. That win was earned for sure but it was well deserved for Tom, Deb, and their driving coach Sam.

Worth noting is that when a lot of the serious hardware went the trailer on Sunday Tom threw his new t56 in the trunk and DROVE home.

Great show! For those that missed it, put it on your list for next year.

Donny

Donny, that t56 is for deb. The wagon is getting it.

And donny, u and ur wife drove the heck out of the car. And thanks for the rides. I wonder if any of the Cincy Street Rodders would do a auto x with there cars?

Yelcamino
10-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Not our fastest run, but the only video we have. Really cool to see it on the "Big screen" too!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/10/th_M4H05423-1.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/tommycomfort/GG%20Charlotte%202011/?action=view&current=M4H05423.mp4)

Cool video! I notice you didn't have helmets. I guess Goodguys doesn't worry about minor stuff like that?

musclecarmatt
10-31-2011, 06:41 PM
here's a few pics and vids i managed to get in...

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/037-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/044-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/009-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/018-1.jpg

pulling in to DSE shop:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/MEatDSE-1.jpg

musclecarmatt
10-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Vids:

Tom's 66 chevelle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHzXBqV-RGg

Donny's 32 Ford:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm7-WWRPH4w

Steve's 68 camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQJV_m2yvxQ

My first run ever on autocross:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-DlKwGTklk

My 3rd run...improving..not my fastest lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjWS1p9DZk

rivs68
11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I had a blast even though I broke it Sunday, Sorry I ended the autocross for everyone a little early.
Thanks to everyone who helped get it fixed and all those who offered, I ended up having to buy a waterpump to get the impellor gasket and pull the thermostat out the get the car to cool, must have somehow stuck shut.:dunno: As much as I hated wettin the track, I am really glad it didn't happen on the highway...Anyway, car ran fine after that...a little cool (150) but it got me where I was goin...

It was great meeting everybody and hangin out a bit...

tommycomfort
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I had a blast even though I broke it Sunday, Sorry I ended the autocross for everyone a little early.
Thanks to everyone who helped get it fixed and all those who offered, I ended up having to buy a waterpump to get the impellor gasket and pull the thermostat out the get the car to cool, must have somehow stuck shut.:dunno: As much as I hated wettin the track, I am really glad it didn't happen on the highway...Anyway, car ran fine after that...a little cool (150) but it got me where I was goin...

Steve,
Your car is flat out awesome! Sorry for your misfortune...
Tom

musclecarmatt
11-01-2011, 02:58 PM

glad to hear you got it back up and rollin.....nice meeting ya steve..and let me ride along for that one run.....already marking my calender for next year....i know i had more in the car...lol...definately hooked now!

tommycomfort
11-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Nice job Tom!!! Looked like a really fun course to drive. Congrats on your first GoodGuys win. I'm sure it will not be the last.
It was a much better course than Indy and really fun to drive.

I just checked out your pics - y'all were packed in like sardines! :) (I would've done the same!)
The transmission took up a little more trunk room than I had planned so thing were a little tight, but definitely bearable. Like every event, I was worried about hurting the motor and limping home, but it purred like a kitten for nine and a half hours at speeds that will remain unmentioned...

Tom, Thanks for letting me drive the car on sunday. You have the car set up very very good.
You ran in the 39's, deb went in the 40's-41's and then i went 41. something, the first time driving the car, and wasnt even pushing it hard. I do have to say that LS motor is pretty darn nice.
Dan, you're a good friend and a mechanical guy, so letting you drive it was a no brainer.

Great job Tom. That thing is flying through the corners. Very cool video. Thanks for posting Eric
Wish you could have made this event Eric, it was a blast (especially for us). It's only halfway across America for you.

rivs68
11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Steve,
Your car is flat out awesome! Sorry for your misfortune...
Tom

Thanks Tom, that's quite the compliment from you with a car that "Awesome" dosen't even begin to describe...Congrats on your win, and I'm sure I'll see you at some future events...Looking forward to it..

glad to hear you got it back up and rollin.....nice meeting ya steve..and let me ride along for that one run.....already marking my calender for next year....i know i had more in the car...lol...definately hooked now!

thanks Matt, great meeting you as well and thanks for the antifreeze and jug....

Slick68
11-04-2011, 05:02 AM
I only got to meet a few of you and I only got to make three runs on the course, but I had an absolute blast!

I was worried about hurting the motor and limping home, but it purred like a kitten for nine and a half hours at speeds that will remain unmentioned...

Yeah, Tom. You passed us on the curvy part of I40 just this side of Asheville like we were sittin still. haha Of course, it felt like we were sitting still hauling the truck in a 24' enclosed trailer.

tommycomfort
11-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Yeah, Tom. You passed us on the curvy part of I40 just this side of Asheville like we were sittin still. haha Of course, it felt like we were sitting still hauling the truck in a 24' enclosed trailer.

Hey Matt,
Let me apologize if we were driving a little fast... We had already made one wrong turn and went about 20 minutes out of our way, then had to stop for a leaky fuel line. Ugh! That's my two excuses for driving fast. Oh yeah, in order to run in sixth, we need to be cooking along pretty good. That's three excuses now.
Tom

Slick68
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
No apoligies necessary, Tom. I'd be driving that beast the same way. :6gears:

dontlifttoshift
11-04-2011, 04:19 PM
We just got home.....

It was 800 miles to Charlotte and we finished the trip with 2400 total. There is some absolutley beautiful country down that way. We ran 129 up and down, highway 28 is awesome and so was 143/165. The south 150 miles of the blue ridge parkway is frigging gorgeous as well.

Steve, sorry the silicone didn't work. At least it matched your plug wires....thanks again for hauling my spare parts home.

Donny

Bad94
11-04-2011, 04:32 PM
We just got home.....

It was 800 miles to Charlotte and we finished the trip with 2400 total. There is some absolutley beautiful country down that way. We ran 129 up and down, highway 28 is awesome and so was 143/165. The south 150 miles of the blue ridge parkway is frigging gorgeous as well.

Steve, sorry the silicone didn't work. At least it matched your plug wires....thanks again for hauling my spare parts home.

Donny

Glad to see you made it home ok. You're crazy for being on the road for almost 2 weeks with a car with out a top. Hit any snow?

dontlifttoshift
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Nope but it was cold. I did put the top on yesterday just east of Chattanooga when that rain came through. I then broke the head off the bolt that holds it to the windshield so we were married to it all day today. All in all the weather was pretty damn nice.

rivs68
11-05-2011, 07:04 AM
We just got home.....

Donny

Donny glad you had a good trip...That is a beautiful part of the country...

Thanks for tracking down the silicone and gaskets for me...It may have worked had I discovered that the
t-stat was not working before I tried it...Oh well...No biggie....I'll let you know if I head south for any reason and I'll drop your parts off for ya....