PDA

View Full Version : Run thru the Hills 7 -2011

Bill Howell
09-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Ok guys, this is the week for RTTHs and I need to post some schedules and new information.

I do have 5 more spots to the training session on Friday if anyone is interested, pm me.
I promise to answer the 45 pm(s) I have received this weekend later today
I know of one person that can not come this week and has his ticket for Saturday Autocross for sale, pm me.

Thursday evening:
Early registration at the toy box and hang out til LATE for those that get here early

Friday:
Autocross school from 8AM til 4PM at the stadium, then dinner at Precision Hot Rods.
OR Cruise the Dragon starting at 1PM and then dinner at Precision Hot Rods at 5pm.
BTW, Chris Nash, owner at Precision tells me he has a great band lined up for the dinner so come prepared to hang out there a while. We moved RTTHs this year, so traffic will not be an issue like it has been in the past for the rodrun in Pigeon Forge.

Saturday:
Autocross at the stadium from 8AM til 5PM
Toy Box open til everyone goes home.

Sunday:
Drag Racing and Speed/Stop Challenge from 9AM til 2PM.
Awards starting at 2PM

We really look forward to seeing everyone this weekend, have a safe trip here and be ready for a fun weekend.

JEFFTATE
09-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks Bill ,

I had a question about the autocross School on Friday . You answered it .
The autocross instruction will be welcomed !
I could use the advice and seat time !

tommycomfort
09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Wow, we sure are excited about this event again!

Bill Howell
09-19-2011, 10:06 AM
WOW!! is all I can say, sorry if you missed it, but all 5 spots for the training are sold out!

xxxturbo6
09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks Bill for adding me to the Auto-X school on Friday!

Tucks69
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Well I have been working the last 4 weeks on Trouble! Looks like I am not going to have the car ready! So I have my spot for the school, autocross, and drag racing for sale. Give me a call at nine one zero-995-one eight two five! I will be there to help out Bill!

Autocross SOLD

School SOLD

RS_Customs
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Well I have been working the last 4 weeks on Trouble! Looks like I am not going to have the car ready! So I have my spot for the school, autocross, and drag racing for sale. Give me a call at nine one zero-995-one eight two five! I will be there to help out Bill!

Bummer Mike, what about running your other car? Your still going to come right?

Robert

Tucks69
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Bummer Mike, what about running your other car? Your still going to come right?

Robert

I will be there Robert, I will be helping out if needed. The 68 has some issues, it was the 69 or nothing! lol The good thing about these events is you can have a blast even without a car.

Bad94
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
I cant wait , im ready to beat the car again.

tommycomfort
09-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Mike, that's a huge bummer! I feel your pain, we were in the same boat trying to get ready for the Run To The Shore event earlier this year. It will be good to see you with or without the car though!
Tom

dusterbd13
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
i am Soooo looking forward to this. i need this vacation.

for clarity's sake, whats/where is the toybox?

Tucks69
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Mike, that's a huge bummer! I feel your pain, we were in the same boat trying to get ready for the Run To The Shore event earlier this year. It will be good to see you with or without the car though!
Tom

A ride in the Chevelle would help me feel better!

tommycomfort
09-19-2011, 03:40 PM
A ride in the Chevelle would help me feel better!

Ahhh, Dr Tom's Chevelle therapy will be the prescription!

Yelcamino
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Carol and I are ready for this party to get started! It seems like forever since the last event! Looking forward to seeing all you guys (and gals) again!

Mike Holleman
09-19-2011, 03:45 PM

That's Bill's shop/bar/mancave/etc. It is where all the benchracing and general BS takes place after hours. Neat place to hang and have a piece of apple pie. See ya there.

SicMonte
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Carol and I are ready for this party to get started! It seems like forever since the last event! Looking forward to seeing all you guys (and gals) again!

When you heading down bro??? This time I need to get an autocross ride in the chevelle!!

Dont ask....the Monte isn't @#$%*ing ready plus my back issues wont allow me to participate...but I should be ok for at least one ride right??!!

Yelcamino
09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
When you heading down bro??? This time I need to get an autocross ride in the chevelle!!

Dont ask....the Monte isn't @#$%*ing ready plus my back issues wont allow me to participate...but I should be ok for at least one ride right??!!

Hey Doug! We're heading down Thursday morning to make sure we get a good seat at the Toy Box! Sorry, but no Chevelle this time, just the Elky, but it's still a fun ride! :)

SicMonte
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Doug! We're heading down Thursday morning to make sure we get a good seat at the Toy Box! Sorry, but no Chevelle this time, just the Elky, but it's still a fun ride! :)

gotcha! Kim and I are heading down thursday around 3ish. She has to teach then is free to go after that. I will just be like RTMC...we will get there around midnight...sucks but it will be ok. We will be in here truck again and will do the cruise and dinner on friday.

SicMonte
09-19-2011, 06:09 PM
BTW....I am free to help out again like we did at RTMC...just let me know what you need.

Hunter68
09-19-2011, 07:42 PM
so im a little confused are we doing the dragon and the school??

SicMonte
09-19-2011, 08:11 PM
those who didnt sign up for the school are doing the dragon.

LeadSSled
09-20-2011, 02:51 AM
One question - For those not arriving until Friday morning before the cruise, how/when will registration be handled? Last year there was a table under the pavillion at the host hotel, but there was no autocross school starting at 8AM ast year, so everyone was there. Will there still be registration Friday morning at the host hotel before the cruise? What time?

Getting excited about the event. Safe travels to everyone!

JEFFTATE
09-21-2011, 07:25 AM

The Toy Box is at

3620 SINGING PINES RD.
PIGEON FORGE,TN.37863

It's just several blocks from the host hotel , on the same side of the strip .
You don't even have to get out on the strip to travel back and forth .

Singing Pines kinda' dead ends into Bill's property and the Toy Box is in the Huge Building ..

RomsMotors
09-21-2011, 07:31 PM
See you all down there. We're hitting the road in the morning.

dusterbd13
09-22-2011, 03:17 AM
were leaving later this morning. ive gotta wake up my daughter to go to the grandparents house, load up the truck, and hit the road.
looking forward to meeying everyone.

wmhjr
09-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Wish I had your schedules :(.

Everything is packed but we're leaving after work. Drive all night.

Yelcamino
09-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Finally got the Elky all loaded up! Now I need to get some fuel and we'll be hitting the road. See you guys there!

tommycomfort
09-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Looks like I will be leaving before noon in the 66 and Deb and Sam will be trailering the wagon down when Sam gets out of school. I can't wait for this weekend!!! Only down side is that this will probably be the last event we attend...

dropit69
09-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Looks like I will be leaving before noon in the 66 and Deb and Sam will be trailering the wagon down when Sam gets out of school. I can't wait for this weekend!!! Only down side is that this will probably be the last event we attend...

ok can't just put that and not explain..last event for the year right?..

HectorM52
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM

Last event...PERIOD?? That seems awfully gloomy. I think you're missing some info here!

Agreed with Darrin, please explain!

bonecrrusher
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey - where are we meeting and organizing for the Dragon?

The Host hotel? What time are we leaving?

Thx.

Hunter68
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
getting excited, so whos all going on the dragon??

RS_Customs
09-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Me and my buddy I'm riding up with.

Meet at and be ready to leave the host hotel at 1pm.

Robert

Hunter68
09-22-2011, 04:04 PM
sounds great! i cant wait!!!

bonecrrusher
09-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey - will anyone have room for people to drop there stuff off? I really dont want to run the dragon with a trunk full of stuff.

When is hotel checkin?

Please PM me your cell # if I can store my stuff w/ you while we do the dragon.

Thx.

Hunter68
09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Country Cascades right?

tommycomfort
09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
ok can't just put that and not explain..last event for the year right?..

Last Pro-Touring event for the season most likely. We'll be hitting as many as possible next seaon for sure.
Tom

BayouSS
09-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Well, We are not going to make it this year, problems with delivery of parts for the Nova, plus I'm going offshore in the morning for 3-4 days. Hope everyone stays safe and has a lot of fun. See you'll at either Goodguys Charlotte, Super Chevy Houston or the Alamo.

Bill and Kathy

Slick68
09-23-2011, 05:02 AM
About 3 weeks ago, I overheated the engine in my 68. My buddy that helped me check things out came down last night to see what we could find out. As it turns out, I have several worn cam lobes, and several weak valvsprings. The engine is sitting in the truck with no intake, valve covers or rockers.

I still plan to attend, but I may drive out in my dad's Monte. Here's a pic in case you see me.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/09/011-1.jpg

01badz28
09-23-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm out. Getting the dry sump in the Camaro has been a bigger PITA than expected. First one of these I've ever missed since we ran at 411, going to miss running. :nopity: