PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Motor State Challenge / Feed back needed!!!!!

Corn Nova
09-16-2011, 11:02 AM
We have an issue with Gingerman Raceway that we use for the road race portion of our Motor State Challenge. In years past we held it on Father's Day weekend but it looks like we need to move the date (apparently German engineering gets priority over American muscle...) So, we have come to you to find out what dates would work best for those who make the journey to come see us! We are looking for opinions from vendors and participants. Between the pro-touring specific events, Goodguys shows and others we want to try and see what date works best for everyone.

Thank You, Chad Higdon

Van B
09-16-2011, 11:27 AM
If Gingerman is like most tracks, you better find out what dates they have available and get going on choosing one. I think any weekend will have conflicts but if you can avoid a conflict with a Goodguys show or another major event it will help.

69lt4
09-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Really enjoy this event. Just got the family use to me being gone for Father's day. Keep us posted.

Kevin

wmhjr
09-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah, post what dates are options and let people then provide feedback....

Jim Nilsen
09-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I like this event to be in the spring to kick of the year for me. Getting prepped for Gingerman is something I start to do in March.

Any date is good for me. I would come as early as it takes or any other date. I would rather go to a real track day than an autocross no matter where or who is putting it on.

Like Bill said, put up the dates available and we can do a lot better at deciding.

tommycomfort
10-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Any updates on this? We just received our fire department 2012 calendars and want to make sure we make this one again!

1meanz
11-29-2011, 09:37 AM
I've also heard that there may be some safety related rule changes this year as well. It would be good to know what those are sooner rather than later so I can make changes if needed. Was a great event last year and hope to be part of another great event in 2012.

ProBell
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
This is the biggest event I plan around. I will try to make any date work. The sooner the better for me. On a side note. Now I can run the local Demolition derby on fathers day. Can not wait to let my kids and neighborhood kids paint up the car. They will have a blast. Randy

lotarust
11-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Randy, I do hope you have another car you use for the demo! That can really screw up your alignment!
This is the biggest event I plan around. I will try to make any date work. The sooner the better for me. On a side note. Now I can run the local Demolition derby on fathers day. Can not wait to let my kids and neighborhood kids paint up the car. They will have a blast. Randy

1meanz
01-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Looks like this years event is June 13-15. Everyone ready?! LOL

dontlifttoshift
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Your close.....but no one will be there in June.

JULY 13-15 http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=28