PDA

View Full Version : need some specifics

dusterbd13
09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
ok, im wondering what the deal is. ive registered, paid, etc.
i thought that the specifics of times for the friday cruise, bbq, etc would be sent later.
now that my dad is coming with me, i need to get anither ticket to the bbq too.

also, bill howell said he had trailer parking for us. anyone have any specifics on that?
ive tried PMing bill and larry, but havent gotten a reply. im trying to nail stuff down so we have a good plan before we leave out. like knowing where to put our trailer and tow rig, our exact itenerary, etc.
well be coming in thursday afternoon.

im really looking forward to this event, and my dad coming with me makes it all the better. i dont get to spend much time with him anymore between work, family, more work, etc.

so let me know something. or if you could get boll to pm me the specifics, that would work too.

michael

SicMonte
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I am guessing the trailer parking would be at the lot by his shop. I've been there but I dont have the address. What hotel are you staying at?

dusterbd13
09-15-2011, 05:14 PM
staying at the host hotel with everyone else.

dropit69
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM
i will be there on thurs..can show ya where to park at Bills..ill be in a 02 pewter vette..

SicMonte
09-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Darrin...pm me your phone number.

dusterbd13
09-16-2011, 02:16 PM
you going to be staying at the host hotel?
and is there a way o can confirm this with bill so he doenst have a random trailer and 1 ton ram sitting in his yard that he didnt know about?

RS_Customs
09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
you going to be staying at the host hotel?
and is there a way o can confirm this with bill so he doenst have a random trailer and 1 ton ram sitting in his yard that he didnt know about?

I need to call him sometime this weekend, so I will mention this thread when I talk to him.

Robert

HectorM52
09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Michael, don't worry. Sounds like you've never been to Bill's. He lives at the back of a little "neighborhood" and has a big shop (or 3) with plenty of room to park multiple trailers/vehicles, etc. I am not sure where the "new" host hotel is...but there's a Shell station right on the strip. Bill's place is about 60 seconds up the hill and behind that gas station.

No need for permission, I wouldn't think. Just stay "out of the way." You know?

The cruise will probably leave around noon from the host hotel on Friday. You'll get directions at the hotel - I'd say it's kind of like "checking in" before the event. Just be at the hotel that morning and you won't be able to miss it.

Hopefully I'm not stepping on Bill's toes here!

dusterbd13
09-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I need to call him sometime this weekend, so I will mention this thread when I talk to him.

Robert

id really appreciate that. thanks.

and adam, im looking forward to seeing you and the truck again. i built and sold my s10 sincethe last time i saw yours.
thanks fpor the heads up on the cruise. well be there sometime thursday afternoon/evening. i just like to get places early and with plenty of time to get situated. so well be able to make that, no problem.

thanks also for the reassurances. im starting to get excited/nervous. this is the biggest event that ive been to in along time. well, aside from the local track days that ive been doing.

michael

pharmd
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Guys, what are the details for Saturday. What time does everything get started? Will it pretty much be autoX only, or is their a show-n-shine component? How long will autoX'ing run to on Saturday (projected)? I'm trying to get a group together from central KY to cruise down for the day.

HectorM52
09-18-2011, 02:24 PM
AutoX typically "starts" around 9-ish. But we try to get there early to set up and learn the course. Like 7-ish. It will go on till after lunch sometime, usually before dinner everyone heads out.

Bill Howell
09-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Michael, sorry I am late to this thread, missed it somehow.
Free parking at my place, no problems
My cell is 865.850.8228
I have posted a schedule of events in a new thread
We love people to show up at the autocross. If there is enough interest, we can do a carshow there too.

dusterbd13
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
thanks, bill.

tried calling, but your voicemail is full. if i dont get up with you, my number is 828-260-1254.
any extra plates availible for the friday night dinner? dad decided to come with me, so he'll need to eat too.

RS_Customs
09-19-2011, 04:20 PM
thanks, bill.

tried calling, but your voicemail is full. if i dont get up with you, my number is 828-260-1254.
any extra plates availible for the friday night dinner? dad decided to come with me, so he'll need to eat too.

Looking at the other thread Bill created with details, just come and pay at the dinner, should be plenty.

Robert