PDA

View Full Version : frame question

dgumoe
06-28-2005, 02:40 PM
not sure if this belongs here or not, but here's my question. i want to narrow my rear frame rails to clear maybe some 315 size tires. being a g-body its obviously a full frame car so i dont have "unibody" issues to contend with. i'd like to narrow this thing and still use the stock suspension similar to what steilow did on malitude or what prodigy is doing to bill's lemans. my question is, if its done properly, do i need a roll cage? i dont want one. the car is an elcamino and the last thing i want is two down bars running through my rear window...not only is it asthetically displeasing, but it would require a lexan window... so what do you guys think? do i need a cage? or can i get away without it.

ProdigyCustoms
06-28-2005, 03:04 PM
No, you do not need a cage if you do what we did. You are close, you can come look if you want.

dgumoe
06-29-2005, 12:55 PM
cool, depending on the fab skills of the guys at my new shop i may be taking mine to you to have it done. bill happens to be a friend of a friend of mine so im sure ill be seeing that car when its done. i'd love to ride down there and look at it now, but time does not allow. but thanks for the reply.