PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade for a 1968 firebird, need some opinions

Travis24
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I am a major lurker around this forum, mostly because Im still building my truck and it's no were near the caliber of most the cars that grace this board. Anyways I've always had a soft spot for Pontiacs (my first car brand) especially 1st gen firebirds. Around here they are pretty rare especially ones that aren't rusted into the ground (Missouri). I found this 68' and I have an opportunity to trade him for my motorcycle which is worth around $6k, I offered a trade plus 1k from him but he declined. Im just looking for some input on what some of you think the value of the car is worth. Plans would be build it with my boy, resto mod car with with either a bigblock 4speed or an ls 6speed.

Heres the link http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=103219

Mr.VENGEANCE
09-12-2011, 12:18 AM
if its something you want you might have to eat the 1K..

and I love firebirds.. i dont have a bike so i wouldnt know the love of them much..

so i would do it.

muthstryker
09-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Eat the 1k, what your bikes worth to you might not be worth the same to someone else. And lets face it, which one is going to hold its value more in the end? This decision is a no brainer, get the firebird.

LeighP
09-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Complete 1st gen in that condition is easily worth $6K......do it! Your bike will only depreciate....

Travis24
09-12-2011, 06:06 AM
As long as 5k sounds like a decent price for it I would eat the extra cash. Guy seems a bit flaky but Im going to try and go look at to see if its been hacked on or not. Its not a rare car so I won't mind changing the colors inside and out along with a different drive train.

Thanks guys

Mr.VENGEANCE
09-12-2011, 07:13 AM
i suggest hurry..

hes gonna change his mind.

muthstryker
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
They usually do change their minds after too long.

Frank ZX
09-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't know what kind of bike you have, but unless it's a really old Harley or other exotic bike, it's going to loose it's value as my 06 Harley has. I paid $12000 for my bike just a year ago and now it's worth about $10K and I have dumped alot of money into it. I'm trying to trade it for a nice car and having a hard time.
That Firdbird is going to go up in value so I would get it if possible. It looks like a solid car to fix up.
Good Luck