PDA

View Full Version : LS T56 parts wanted

GeoffP
09-09-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm looking for a good used LS T56 bell housing, complete hydralics from 98-02 F-body, input shaft, and maybe a mid plate.

Thanks!

GeoffP
09-10-2011, 07:20 AM
I need a mid plate and a main case. I found a good operational LS T56 that was involved in a frontal collision. It looks very good internally upon initial inspection and shifts through all the gears smoothly and it turns smoothly in every gear. The syncros don't even look worn. I'm going to do a full disassembly on it this afternoon to determine if there are any other parts needed - hopefully not! It looks like the damage was limited to a bent input shaft, broken mid plate, there's a crack on the side of the case where something struck the case.

SparkyRnD
10-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Geoff, if you are still looking there are a few being torn down on www.ls1tech.com in the parts section

GeoffP
10-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks - I'll check it out. I've been checking LS1tech daily for about 3 weeks looking for the remaining parts I need.

GeoffP
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I didn't see any ads where people were parting out T56's but did find one ad (too late) for an input shaft for $100 plus shipping. I missed it by a couple days. I'll have to keep trying.

SparkyRnD
10-02-2011, 04:57 PM
try putting up an wanted ad. I did for a few things that i couldn't find, and I got several pm's right away. I just read a few of the ones i was thinking of and see that the bells & hydraulics are sold.

here is a tremec one on ebay for $250 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TREMEC-T-56-LS-ALUMINUM-BELLHOUSING-1386-212-005-/250867633929?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a68e04f09

GeoffP
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey Sparky, I really appreciate the help. I guess I should update my own thread, huh? I've got hydraulics on the way - found a complete setup used that I'm going to swap on a new throwout bearing and let the rest ride unless it's leaking. I already bought a good used mid plate and main case and have a brand new pull off crate LS3 clutch and flywheel on the way. I just need a bell and input shaft. I saw the ebay ad you posted and have it tagged for later. I'm hoping to find a used bell, but I'm not having much luck. The one used one I spotted on eBay went for as much as the ad you posted with shipping (duh on their part for not researching things better). I wasn't about to pay as much or more than new.

I appreciate anything you can do to help!

BTW, I wish you guys were doing the meet up at Joe's shop the weekend of the 22nd. I'll be up your way to take my daughter to a karate tournament.

SparkyRnD
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Sorry we'll miss you at the inaugural event. But, we're going to have them monthly so hopefully there will be another time that you're free. Have you tried car-part.com for the bellhousing? You should be able to get one used pretty cheap that way as well.

GeoffP
10-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Yah thanks for that suggestion - that's actually how I got the transmission. :)