PDA

View Full Version : NMCA announces more events for the West Coast in 2012

Sales-TCI-Eng
09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
We are seriously considering promoting two maybe three events on the west coast for 2012. We would like to know what tracks you prefer, Bakersfield, Fontana, Vegas, Phoenix (Speed World), Phoenix (Firebird)? What do you feel are some of the most popular classes that you would like to see compete for a Western Region Championship in 2012? We all look forward to reviewing your input pertaining to these issues as well as any others you may want to bring up.

I will be working with our team and leading our strategic initiative for the NMCA's West Coast expansion in 2012. If you would like to speak with me directly I would love to hear from you. Because of my busy weekend racing schedule I can be reached @ (714) 460-3813 Tuesday thru Thursday from 1:00pm until 5:00 pm pacific coast time. If I'm unable to answer please leave a message and I will be glad to return your call.
email [email protected] ([email protected])

Thanks again for enjoying our community and I hope to see you at the races soon!

Sincerely,

Gene Bergstrom
Director of Event Operations-
Senior Technical Advisor,
NMRA / NMCA

This is great news in the wake of the success of the Hotchkis & Baer sponsored Autocross that was held at Fontana back in July. They also announced a new subforum on their website devoted to us Westerners. That can be found here. http://www.nmcadigital.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252

-J

SLO_Z28
09-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Id hit up another Fontuckey autocross!

79-TA
09-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Do these include more autocross? Fontana definitely has my vote. Vegas could be a cool venue that isn't too much of a drive for the SoCal crowd.

mpozzi
09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Had the last NMCA event not conflicted with Columbus Good Guys, I'd have been there to support Hotchkis and Baer Brakes, and for the autocrossing. As I ran one and talked with friends that ran the other, I know for certain the Fontana peeps got a ton more track time than I did.

The flip side is I saw more cool cars in those four days than I'll ever hope to see in the rest of my lifetime.

My vote would be for Fontana (great overall site) and perhaps Bakersfield. Las Vegas would also be an excellent place to hold this type of event.

Mary Pozzi

Sales-TCI-Eng
09-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Do these include more autocross?

The first autocross event was a great success so I believe they will go hand in hand.

-J

LM7_67
09-12-2011, 08:06 AM
of course I'd prefer the tracks in Phoenix, but more events anywhere in AZ, CA, NV would be awesome

hotrod69camaro
09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought Fontana was great. I'd do it again. I'd like it if we could start a little earlier in the AM. Vegas Would probably be a big draw too.

Vegas69
09-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Vegas, baby..... I can get my local SCCA to help if needed.

Rod
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
when are we going?