PDA

View Full Version : Woul like to buy a magnacharger

adriana
09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
i would like to know if anyone has a magnacharger for sale to fit a 2002 ls1 motor or might possibly point me in the right direction for a reasonable price. the best i have found so far is right at 7k for a new one with a polished finish. any help would be great.

ProdigyCustoms
09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
We are MagnaCharger dealers. Installing 2 in the shop right now.

LS1-IROC
09-08-2011, 10:33 AM
i would like to know if anyone has a magnacharger for sale to fit a 2002 ls1 motor or might possibly point me in the right direction for a reasonable price. the best i have found so far is right at 7k for a new one with a polished finish. any help would be great.

Which unit are you looking for? TVS1900 or like a MP112/122? I bought my new MP112 with some upgrades WAY cheaper than 7k.

adriana
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
i was pricing the mp112 new in a polished finish. i'm honestly not sure which would be best for my application. i have a 2002 ls-1 out of an ss camaro going in a 69 camaro. which do you have and how many rwhp did you gain with it?

adriana
09-08-2011, 04:04 PM
which model do you recommend for an 02 ls-1 out of an ss camaro going in a 69 camaro? do you offer it in chrome? if so how much for chrome and also a price on polished finish please. thanks so much

ProdigyCustoms
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
You mean like this one? Actually this car gets a Chrome blower exactly like this black one. We just used this black blower Prodigy Power 418 to make sure the system could be installed under a SS Hood (no cowl induction), which it can BTW. The front drive is something custom we have from Wegner and uses a independent 10 rib drive for the blower eliminating belt slip

We will have this 418CI on the dyno real soon and see what she is made of!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

CarlC
09-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Here's mine. It's just a little TVS1900 on a very much stock LS1

The major changes from stock:

Lingenfelter GT2-3 camshaft (could use an LS6 as well.)
Ferra exhaust valves.
PAC valve springs.
Cometic head gaskets.
ARP main, rod, and head fasteners.

490RWHP all day long with zero reliability concerns, 25mpg, idles like a stock LS1, and is stealty quiet.

If you are sticking with an LS1 displacement the TVS1900 and MP112 are very good choices. Though the bigger blowers may make more top-end power, the overall efficiency of the 1900/112 is better suited for the 5.7 liter engine series. The 1900 was worth another 30hp over the 112 on this car.

LS1-IROC
09-09-2011, 01:56 AM
i was pricing the mp112 new in a polished finish. i'm honestly not sure which would be best for my application. i have a 2002 ls-1 out of an ss camaro going in a 69 camaro. which do you have and how many rwhp did you gain with it?

My LS1 is a bone stock, never had a valve cover off, 99 crate motor with long tube headers. It made 440hp/441tq through a 6 speed and a ford 9" 4.10 rear on 7 pounds of boost. Very happy with it...I'm only a cam change away from 500rwhp. The thing is dead reliable and I still get 29mpg on the highway. If you are looking to make bigger power down the road I'd opt for a TVS unit as they are more efficiant and quieter.

If you go with a MP112...I's opt for 1:1 rears so it will let you run a larger front pulley to eliminate belt slip. I have zero slip so far.

CarlC
09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice setup IROC

I suggest not getting too hung up on the RWHP number. When you have gobs of torque starting at 2000RPM, the drive is a lot of fun.

Other superchargers will make bigger top-end numbers, but for overall power, driveability, and reliability, it's had to beat an Eaton OE based Magnuson system.

LS1-IROC
09-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Nice setup IROC

I suggest not getting too hung up on the RWHP number. When you have gobs of torque starting at 2000RPM, the drive is a lot of fun.

Other superchargers will make bigger top-end numbers, but for overall power, driveability, and reliability, it's had to beat an Eaton OE based Magnuson system.

Absolutely right! The low end torque that comes from a positive displacement blower is a riot. That's the reason I chose a magnacharger over a procharger. The procharger would have given me more top end power but they can be doggy down low. Take a look at my dyno graph. 425ft at 2500rpm. Even with sticky 295's on the car it will light them up on command at almost any speed in the first 3 gears. You really have to moderate the pedal until you get up to about 50-60mph. I've rode in H/C/I LS1 car's that make comparable power to mine, but this car will pull out of the hole to mid track harder because of the instant torque.

adriana
09-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Here's mine. It's just a little TVS1900 on a very much stock LS1

The major changes from stock:

Lingenfelter GT2-3 camshaft (could use an LS6 as well.)
Ferra exhaust valves.
PAC valve springs.
Cometic head gaskets.
ARP main, rod, and head fasteners.

490RWHP all day long with zero reliability concerns, 25mpg, idles like a stock LS1, and is stealty quiet.

If you are sticking with an LS1 displacement the TVS1900 and MP112 are very good choices. Though the bigger blowers may make more top-end power, the overall efficiency of the 1900/112 is better suited for the 5.7 liter engine series. The 1900 was worth another 30hp over the 112 on this car.

so you got an extra 30hp with the tvs1900 vs. the mp112? do you think that has to do with the other mods you have done, maybe the 1900 is more compatible? in other words both chargers on the same car with the same mods is the 1900 still 30hp stronger?

adriana
09-10-2011, 06:57 AM
You mean like this one? Actually this car gets a Chrome blower exactly like this black one. We just used this black blower Prodigy Power 418 to make sure the system could be installed under a SS Hood (no cowl induction), which it can BTW. The front drive is something custom we have from Wegner and uses a independent 10 rib drive for the blower eliminating belt slip

We will have this 418CI on the dyno real soon and see what she is made of!

what would be the best price on a tvs1900 and also an mp112 in a chrome finish? what about polished finish? thanks

CarlC
09-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Same car, same engine, no changes. The TVS is a much more efficient rotor design, hence more boost with less heat. The other benefit, in my ears at least, is that it is much quieter.

Here's the chassis dyno sheet from last October. Oh, and the car has a Lingenfelter MAF as well.

I even bought the cam used from someone who wanted to go bigger. The LS6 cam has similar specs and can be had for next to nothing since everyone wants to go big on a N/A car.

The 1900 is very well suited for a 5.7L engine. 9psi is plenty enough for a stock piston engine. Don't get greedy here since I've seen more than one engine get hurt for want of a "number." Stay safe on the tune and the boost and you will be much happier. I've beat mine like a rented mule and it keeps on ticking.

adriana
09-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Same car, same engine, no changes. The TVS is a much more efficient rotor design, hence more boost with less heat. The other benefit, in my ears at least, is that it is much quieter.

Here's the chassis dyno sheet from last October. Oh, and the car has a Lingenfelter MAF as well.

I even bought the cam used from someone who wanted to go bigger. The LS6 cam has similar specs and can be had for next to nothing since everyone wants to go big on a N/A car.

The 1900 is very well suited for a 5.7L engine. 9psi is plenty enough for a stock piston engine. Don't get greedy here since I've seen more than one engine get hurt for want of a "number." Stay safe on the tune and the boost and you will be much happier. I've beat mine like a rented mule and it keeps on ticking.

thanks a lot carl. i am thinking that i will pursue the tvs unit. so you have to run a pretty mild cam with the charger? what kind of fuel pump are you running? i have a rock valley tank with an in tank ls1 fuel pump. do you think that will be sufficient? also if you don't mind me asking, what was the price range on your tvs1900. i have searched high and low for the best price on the other unit and they all seem to be within 500.00 of each other with the cheapest one being on ebay.

CarlC
09-11-2011, 07:11 AM
That fuel pump will not be enough for your build. You will need something with the output of a Walbro 255lph. The tune was done with a VaporWorx 5th-gen Camaro fuel module setup.

You don't have to run a mild cam, but to get the best of all worlds it sure helps. Stock idle, good cruise, lots of bottom-end boost, and good top-end performance. If the cam is too big (low LSA/lots of overlap) it will be lazy on the bottom. 500RWHP is a lot of power to put to the ground, and the tire at that point is your weak link and fuse. Take a look at how small the GM LSA and LS9 camshafts are. Those cams are engineering artwork.

As for the price, I suggest picking a vendor that will be there when you need some help. Paying a few hundred more to get the customer service you need is worth every headache penny.

Speedy911
09-11-2011, 08:55 AM
With a power adder I would always go with a mild cam. Nothing like having power and a nice smooth idle. Keeps your car very stealthy.

adriana
09-11-2011, 10:07 AM
That fuel pump will not be enough for your build. You will need something with the output of a Walbro 255lph. The tune was done with a VaporWorx 5th-gen Camaro fuel module setup.

You don't have to run a mild cam, but to get the best of all worlds it sure helps. Stock idle, good cruise, lots of bottom-end boost, and good top-end performance. If the cam is too big (low LSA/lots of overlap) it will be lazy on the bottom. 500RWHP is a lot of power to put to the ground, and the tire at that point is your weak link and fuse. Take a look at how small the GM LSA and LS9 camshafts are. Those cams are engineering artwork.

As for the price, I suggest picking a vendor that will be there when you need some help. Paying a few hundred more to get the customer service you need is worth every headache penny.

thanks again, that is a good point. not sure how many times saving a few hundred really ended up being a pain in the tale already!

Bmf5150
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm leaning towards the tvs2300 for my ls6 in my 68 Camaro thanks to franks advice!!

ajg87
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
maggie son

69greyghost
08-18-2013, 05:34 PM
This thread was informative, I may go magnacharger too

badazz81z28
10-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm in the same boat here...I want a supercharger for the LS6, I'm full bolt on and already 460 to the tires. Is the TVS2300 too big? Will I still see big gains even though I'm highly modded?