PDA

View Full Version : Local tuner

rsk68
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
So my engine should be in next week, modified LS3 and I'm going to need a tuner, who are the local LA county tuners? What should I expect to pay for this service?

Thanks

Gandalf
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
So my engine should be in next week, modified LS3 and I'm going to need a tuner, who are the local LA county tuners? What should I expect to pay for this service?

Thanks

Rick - Go see Charlie Williams at RPM Motors in Santa Clarita :-)

http://www.rpm-motors-inc.com
1-888-755-5391

rsk68
09-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info, I live in Santa Clarita!

Mike Norris
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
If you do not get it taken care of before hand, I will be out that way after SEMA for a few days working.

Mike Norris

streetnstrip
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Have u tried andy at a&a corvettes?

rsk68
10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Mike,

I will keep you posted on my progress.

I was looking at your catch cans and am wondering if you have a schematic on how you would run the vacuum lines, i have a stock LS3 intake and valve covers, I think i need to keep the vacume line with the snap on GM hose end from the pass valve cover to the intake, would i use the vacuum line on the DR side of intake for the catch can?

Thanks

Mike Norris
10-04-2011, 04:16 PM
I do not have a diagram but there is a picture on my website of an actual LS3. I can do a quick description for you about what ports you may have and what they go to as far as a proper LS3 PCV and breather goes.

The actual PCV, or dirty side of the system, on an LS3 and most non-DoD engines is a hose that goes from the nipple on the valley cover under the intake on the passenger side to the port on the intake just behind the TB on the passenger side. The fresh air, or clean side, goes from the nipple at the front of the passenger valve cover to a fitting on the intake tract in front of the TB blade but after the MAF sensor.

There is also a nipple on the intake just behind the TB on the drivers side that is for an EVAP system connect and most hybrids do not use this and are capped off. There can also be a nipple on the back of the drivers valve cover and it is usually capped off. This nipple is thew PCV hose (dirty side) access on a DoD or AFM equipped vehicle.

My catch can goes in line on the PCV or dirty side hose of the system.

Hope this helps. If you do want to get some tuning done when I am in CA, let me know soon so I can be sure to ake time for you.

Mike Norris