PDA

View Full Version : INFO HELP for camaro seat upholstery

63SW
06-27-2005, 07:56 AM
In Kevin Kings car , ( the innovator 69 camaro ) he has the 4th gen camaro seats with Houndstooth upholstery .

Does anyone know if i can get that in Yellow and where ?
I also need enough of the Yellow Houndstooth material to do the door panels and maybe some work in the rear area .

I called Year one this morning and sales rep couldnt answer the ? and i sat on the phone for 30 min waiting for tech.

Naturally im in a rush .LOL , i want to get it done befor super chevy in Indy on the 14 of July

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
JC

Marty G Cars
06-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Unless you find someone to stich a reproduction pattern quickly, I doubt that you can make your deadline. I was working at YearOne last summer and there is always a l-o-n-g wait for tech because if I remember, there was only one or two available at any given time. I know that the Innovator 4th Gen seat covers are available in black/orange and black/white but not the rare black/yellow houndstooth.

nkopper
06-27-2005, 12:33 PM
You might try these guys: http://www.carsinc.com/

Nathan

63SW
06-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks Guys ...

YEP , YEAR ONE TECH SUCKS - 45 min wait the second time befor i hung up...

If i can find the yellow vinyl / or leather to match , and the Yellow houndstooth fabric , i have a Upholstery machine and can stich it up myself with no problem..

I'll try Cars inc THANKS.

Anyone heard or used LEGENDARY AUTO INTERIORS ?

63SW
06-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Just to clarrify ... i just mean the efficiency sucks .

With waiting times as long as they have i gaurentee they lose customers ..

Ralph LoGrasso
06-27-2005, 06:34 PM
You might try Katskins (sp). I think the website to one of their biggest suppliers is www.autoleathers.com but the link may be wrong. Just search google for katskins or katskinz or something with kat and skins, lol. They make factory style leather seat covers for a ton of cars and they're real popular with 4th gen f-bodies. Great quality stuff from what I've heard. They may be able to help?

63SW
06-28-2005, 08:43 PM
After some long phone calls and a few different companies , NO-ONE wants to do a Yellow Houndstooth for a 4th gen seat . Go figure..

Heres the good news , I got CARS INC. to sell me the yellow vinyl and the Yellow houndstooth material so i can get it done ....

I broke out the industrial sewing machine and i guess i'll stitch it up myself.
Its been a while but i'll post a pic when i get it done!

Thanks for the help Guy's