PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Daily Driver "made in USA"

JJEH
08-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey Guys,

the last two days the movers were here and took all our stuff. We finally leave Germany at Oct. 6th and fly to Dallas, TX before we move to our new home around Ft. Sill in Oklahoma.

I'm looking for a reliable daily driver. I would rather buy from a board member as from a "random unknown" person.

I'm looking for a vehicle (sedan, coupe, truck, suv,...) which is reliable(!!!), well maintained and in "okay" shape. It needs a minimum of at least 4 full seats. A Truck with ext. cab and a bench would be enough. Please no Vans.

American iron only. I'm tired of japanese, korean, chinese, russian, german and whatsoever cars. Except Mercedes-Benz ;-)

The absolute max. price would be around $7000.-!

Less $$$ is always better, because we also have to invest into the new home, schools for the kids, triathlon, diving, keep-sharks-alive, and so on...

If you would like to see your car in good hands but your asking price is more than my budget allows, maybe we can figure something out. In case you are building a car or a house I'm willing to offer "hard labor" ;-)

Or you have a vehicle "left over" and want to donate it to KEEP SHARKS ALIVE?

I'm open minded and listen to every offer :-)

SLO_Z28
08-24-2011, 03:59 AM
88-95 Chevy Trucks can be had in excellent shape in that price range, and are about the last thing youre gonna find that was made in the US. They are dead on reliable too, my dads old 94 C1500 has 595,000 miles on it and is still driven long distances reliably, and all we ever did was the transmission before we sold it. Dont get the later trucks, theyre less reliable.

JJEH
08-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks James, I will keep my eyes open :cheers:

SS PUNISHER
08-25-2011, 05:04 AM
I wouldn't shy away from the newer ls based gm trucks. At the last shop I work at we had several customers with newer trucks with over 200k on the clocks and were still running strong. That bein said, wanna buy a 66 caddy?? lol