PDA

View Full Version : Auto Painter/Restoration/Custom/Body "combo guy"

bigshotsho93
08-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm looking for a new job, didn't quit the old one yet, in northern IL or southern WI. Right now i am the painter at a restoration shop that is moving toward collision due to the bosses son taking over and not being a manager but being a manager. I feel my talents are being wasted here and have been for awhile now. The last "old" car i have worked on was last spring and that car has won many awards since, it was a 56 Chevrolet 210/bel-air full restomod. I have an extreme passion for any cars that someone has put time and effort into to make it their own. I mainly have worked there for as long as i have because we have done at least 1 resto type of project a year but usually 2-3 and this year 0 with none in the near future. Im looking for anything in a resto type of shop, preferably a pro-touring type of shop but that will be hard to find around here. I really don't know what else is out there in my area. I have many skills for example i am very good at paint, custom paint, body work, welding mig/tig, body fab, assembly of painted body, most mechanical, and i have an extreme attention to detail. I also have great vision for custom work and flowing of body lines and custom ideas. If you guys could help me maybe point me in the right direction that would be great, or if there is a shop out there that needs someone like me that would be even better.

Thank You

Michael

[email protected]

bigshotsho93
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Michael
832 Moore St. Beloit, WI 53511
(815) 979-1439
[email protected]

EDUCATION

WYOTECH, Laramie, WY Graduation Year: 2003

Diploma - Street Rod and Custom Body Fabrication with Collision and Refinishing Technologies.

Studies: Painting, Structural Straightening, Welding, Bodywork

Harlem High School, Machesney Park, IL Graduation Year: 2002

Diploma - General high school curriculum.

Studies: Basic Automotive training classes 1-2-3-4, JILG (Jobs for IL Graduates)

JOB KNOWLEDGE

■ Preparation and Application of all PPG Paint Lines ■ Welding

■ Restoration/Custom/Fabrication ■ Basic Mechanical

■ CCC Pathways Estimating System ■ Body Straightening

■ Collision Repair ■ Structural Frame Straightening

■ Towing/Recovery/Lockout Services

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

COACHMANS CCR BODYSHOP INC. Machesney Park, IL 2009-Present
○ Lead Painter

○ Lead Quality Control

○ Restoration/Custom Fabrication Technician

○ Estimator

○ Bodywork, Mechanical, Final assembly, Towing

COACHMANS CCR BODYSHOP INC. Rockford, IL 2007-2009
○ Shop Manager

○ Lead Painter

○ Lead Estimator

COACHMANS CCR BODYSHOP INC. Machesney Park, IL 2004-2007
○ Body man

○ Painters Assistant

CERTIFICATIONS

PPG Certified Paint Technician

EPA Certified Paint Technician

67 ls1 vert
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
guys like you are becoming hard to find. Good luck with you finding a good employer.

bigshotsho93
08-26-2011, 05:13 PM
guys like you are becoming hard to find. Good luck with you finding a good employer.

Thanks. I would really like to get into a shop that will let me work at my full potential. The ideal shop would be a resto-mod or pro-touring type of shop. I know if i were willing to relocate there would be tons of opportunities available but with a baby girl due in Oct. and a wedding next year that's not an option right now.
If anyone knows of a shop that would like to have someone like me or of a shop that is in my area that i could go check out and drop off a resume let me know, like i said i don't really know of any reputable shops in my area.

thanks
mike

strtcar
09-28-2011, 10:32 AM
You try The Roadster Shop or Performance Restorations?

67 ls1 vert
09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
to bad you live so far away, I need a good employee.

bigshotsho93
09-28-2011, 08:23 PM
You try The Roadster Shop or Performance Restorations?

Thank you for the suggestions, they are both incredible shops, but they are also both over an hour and a half away from my house. Thats a wicked drive 3 hours in the car a day.

bigshotsho93
09-28-2011, 08:28 PM
to bad you live so far away, I need a good employee.

I actually lived in California when i was younger, and loved it out there. Santa Rosa, just north of San Francisco. I would move back out there in a heartbeat if i were by my self, but my our baby is due any day now and thats going to make things way more complicated. The timing is just a little off at the moment.

Fkav
04-02-2012, 07:14 PM
If North Carolina ever fits give us a call.

bigshotsho93
08-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm very happy to update this with saying I have been working at Kelly-Moss Motorsports in Madison WI for just over 2 months now. I'm very happy there, have been working on some incredible cars and the facility is amazing. It's exactly what I have been looking for. A good mix of race cars, street cars and custom hotrods. Thankyou pro-touring.com. They found my resume through a friend who is a member here, I don't know who but thankyou to for passing my name along.

Auto Rod Technologies
10-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the new job!!