PDA

View Full Version : Turbo PCV/evac setup

CARLMB
08-23-2011, 06:32 AM
I have been on the turbo forums and can't seem to find a definitive answer. I have a blow through twin turbo setup on a 347 using a Holley carb. I am pulling my hair out on how to evacuate the crankcase. Am currently running gutted pcv valves on each valve cover tied together and then running to a remote breather/oil catch can. Oil everywhere under boost from the dipstick. previously had 1 breather on 1 valve cover and other running from PCV to catch can. Was better but the breather still got saturated with oil. I need to run a real PCV and I guess a check valve of some sort and get this to the base of the carb. Any input and diagrams would be appreciated. Thanks, Carl.

DButler
08-23-2011, 07:52 AM
I have been having the same problem. I switched over to 2 breathers one on each valve cover and it has seemed to help, but I have not been able to test alot because I am still tuning. I have talked to some people and they use a vac. pump of some sort and kick it on with a boost switch or something. I think I will switch over to the catch can deal later, but the breatehrs on each valve cover have seemed to help alot. Should be able to get into real boost by the weekend and I will post back to let you know how it really acts. By the way who did you carb?

CARLMB
08-23-2011, 08:12 AM
I did the mods to the carb myself which were pretty straight forward. Go to www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html for step by step directions.

DButler
08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Well I had the Carb shop do their mods and now I have the "crutch" setup. I was just wondering how you like the blow-through I have had a time with mine.

CARLMB
08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
I am just about dialed in. Have made a couple jet changes and still a little fat at cruise. Have a dash mounted AEM a/f gauge and it certainly helps in the tuning.

DButler
08-23-2011, 11:44 AM
yeah I have an LM2 setup with datlogging and all that, but I just can't seem to get it right. I have the BRPV's and the mini air compressor and all that, but still having problems somewhere. Where are you located, not in Alabama by any chance are you? haha

CARLMB
08-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Sorry, live in Massachusetts. Be patient and make small changes at a time. It doesn't take much to make a big difference.