PDA

View Full Version : My first Spyshot!!

TonyL
08-31-2004, 02:09 PM
today driving past the nissan design lab.. i spotted

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

the new Hyudai santa fe! there were more, but my camera and the dude guarding them, wouldnt cooperate... my wife went back on her own to snap this pic!! she's hardcore, what can i say?

nitrovette
08-31-2004, 02:24 PM
hey thats great,i get the wife new pathfinders every 3 years we just got another one for christmas and i cant wait to see the new one coming out,thanks for the shot.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Sweet, Tony!!! Now you're really the master of mulitmedia!!!

TonyL
08-31-2004, 03:07 PM
after a search of the interweb, i have discovered that it is in fact, a hyundai santa fe. the 06 model.

however, the larger one that was 2 cars back from this one was a pathfinder. Im going back later to see if they (all 8 of them) are still there. new batteries in the cam. damn the corporate goons! full speed ahead!

TonyL
08-31-2004, 05:44 PM
the new "accent"
Taken with the camera phone.
one more good pic to follow. my digital cam has like, a two second delay. so by the time the camera actually took the photo the cars were out of frame. GRRRRRR. you should have seen the dirty looks they gave us.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 06:09 PM
:lmao: Now go get some spy pics of the C6 Z06, or '07 Camaro, and you'll be interweb famous!

68RallySport
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
im not to impressed with anything nissans been putting out....

TonyL
08-31-2004, 06:56 PM
Now go get some spy pics of the C6 Z06, or '07 Camaro, and you'll be interweb famous!

Oooooh i so,wish.

I'll be keeping my eyes open now though, that i know where they hang out. Ive seen "test cars" on the 505 on the way to thunderhill so its only a matter of time.

MangeMD
08-31-2004, 07:35 PM
Can they legally keep you from photographing their cars? I doubt it...they are on public roads.

TonyL
08-31-2004, 07:38 PM
thats what my wife said. they told her she couldnt photograph them. she said "oh really?" **CLICK** "they are on public roads in the middle of the day!" **CLICK** "My camera seems to be working fine!"
**CLICK**

she cracks me up

Ralph LoGrasso
09-01-2004, 01:35 AM
:lmao: Your wife is awesome!!!

TonyHuntimer
09-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey Tony,

If they are driving them around in the middle of the day and parking them on public streets... what do they expect? They obviously expect people to take pictures, otherwise they wouldn't camoflage them. They are probably just hoping they can stop 90% of people by saying you can't take pictures.

Sounds like you and your wife are in the top ten percent. :)

Did you guys park across the street and start taking pictures? Was there some guy guarding the cars? Or were there more than one person guarding them?

It sounds like they were parked in the same location for a long duration of time.

Thanks for the pics!
Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

TonyL
09-01-2004, 04:52 PM
they were just off of the side of the free way on a frontage road. there was one dude guarding them. kinda walking back and forth. My wife drove right up, and stopped and started snapping pics with my dead camera. (sadly) the dude approached her and she asked what kind of cars they were. they guy told her

"they are nothing special they are just normal cars that have been shipped from overseas, thats why they have all that stuff on them, to protect them from the elements."

my wife asked what kind of cars they were, "nissans?" he said no, then saw her camera, and his attitude drasticly changed to "you cant be here! you cannot photograph these cars!" she drove off a little, stopped checked the camera, realized that she failed to get any shots. turned around and went back!! :box2:

then she used the trusty camera phone and snapped a few more while the guy ran alongside the car waiving his arms and trying to stop her.

TonyL
09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
a quick interjection, fast forward to today. i pull up at the gas station down the road from here. talking to my wife on the cell phone, look up over the dash at the car directly in front of me and see this.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif another one!
there is a very tasteful and subtly curving decklid spoiler under the tape. the camo works well, pics dont show detail like real life did.

this time same guys same car, this one is a hyundai sonata. drasticly different from its predicessor, about the same size as a honda accord. VERY nice interior. the guys actually talked to me, told me it had a V6. one guy called it a honda killer!

(what kind of car is that? -a honda killer)
but again, as soon as they saw the camera phone, attitude change and a swift exit.

they are everywhere!!~!

TonyL
09-02-2004, 08:37 AM
heres another one. (taken from the freeway) thats the van behind the suv

TonyL
09-02-2004, 09:21 PM
ok, last one. (the best one we got)

datsbad
09-03-2004, 08:04 PM
hey one day about 2 months ago i passed the local convience store right off a major highway in town . i see 4 gold colored Mercedes all backed in the stalls in a row. as i drive by i think what the hell kind of mercedes was that it looked like something i never saw? so i turn around and drive through the lot . sure enough . they had tape over all the emblems and numbers on the cars . boy oh boy they looked really badd!. i reach for my camera in my console and see that i left it at the dealership plugged in to charge it up . i am so excited for some reason that i got to see SPY shoots . i drive up the road , pull in , run in a get my camera , and hop in the truck .

i am hoping that they are still there when i get back . as i about pull into the lot they look to be leaving . crap !! i turn on the camera still moving , whip off the side of the road and start taking pics as they pull out right in front of me . i got some very bad looks as i am snapping shots . if someone wants to see them let me know . that made my day for some strange reason !!

68RallySport
09-04-2004, 12:20 AM
hell yes we want to see them!
David

TRILOGYZ28
09-04-2004, 09:00 AM
ROTFLOL !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Your wife rules !

i just hope they don't put a bounty out for a guy and woman with cell phone cameras !
lol.

hmmmmmm? i wander if my employer would like to see these pics .....lol ! :ssst: :squint: :naughty:

let them see what the competition is up to !!