PDA

View Full Version : Damage from back pressure on Master?

Bjkadron
08-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if back pressure on a Master cyl would cause damage. Pressures equal to another master cyl. on the same line. My thinking is the master would act like a slave and all the stress would go to the small retaining ring that holds the piston in. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Benjamin

dontlifttoshift
08-16-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't know, are you thinking hand brake?

Bjkadron
08-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't know, are you thinking hand brake?

Yep, it would come in quite handy with some of the things I would like to do.

Bjkadron
08-19-2011, 06:48 AM
No one? I was thinking about doing a Shutoff for the back line. Then using Having the handbrake usable. But it would be nice to be able to have all wheel brakes and the ability to use just the rears. I know I could just do a double caliper setup, but I was looking for some other way...

Bjkadron
08-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I figured it out.

zombiekiller
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
try using sand rail cutting brakes.

dontlifttoshift
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I figured it out.

Well, don't hold out on us. can you use two master cylinders in the same system?

Bjkadron
08-22-2011, 06:14 PM
try using sand rail cutting brakes.

Pretty much..

Well, don't hold out on us. can you use two master cylinders in the same system?

The answer is.. Yes and no.. You cant just run a T and put two master cylinders on it. But, if you hook the outlet line of one up to the inlet of another (that is designed for it) you can run them in series basically. Wilwood has some cylinders that work for this as I would assume others do.