PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Forge Pro-Youring

David Sloan
06-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Man Oman Does Bill Know how to put on a show!!!!! :woot:
We had so much fun hanging out with you guys an meeting everone!!!
I met so many people form the board i cant remember all the name;s
It was cool hanging out @ Bills shop talking to you guys looking at all your cars!! Way fun!!!
Got to watch you guy's an girls play at the 411 drag strip that was cool!! Good People!! Good Times!!!!
I can't wait till next year we will be out in force with my wife's red 69 camaro i nick named G-Spot :woot:
Hope to have a street fighter 71 camaro there as well!!!!

PS Hay Frank if you see this Hope you an the family can make it by the shop on your way home Mon or Tue's.
Take care all an Thanks for a good Time!!!!

USAZR1
06-26-2005, 10:33 AM
If the event date isn't so close to Chevellabration 06,I'll definitely try to have my Camino there next year. Sorry I missed this year.

69rs
06-26-2005, 11:04 AM
What David said! Man, what a good group of guys...and a GREAT group of girls!!:pics2: We had a blast, even though my car isn't P/T'd yet. It will be by next years event though. I need to get the suspension done to take advantage of the awesome roads Bill picked for us to "tour". This weekend was the most fun I've had in a car with my clothes on! I kept MY clothes on, BTW! (what happens in the mountains, stays in the mountains)

Bill- Thank You for organizing a wonderful 1st Annual event.
Larry- thanks for giving us the opportunity to get together online and talk about all this P/T stuff.
Frank-You are a mess and I don't know how Lisa puts up with you....but my car has never run so good. Thanks!
David- next time stay for the cruise. It was awesome! And I will be in touch.
Sorry to go on so long, but it was unlike any other car related event I have been to.:woot: :bananna2: :1st:
Oh, BTW, don't mention this to anyone. :secret: It's our little secret!

Bill Howell
06-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys, but two things.
1) Melinda did all the work, I just was there
2) Now ya'll know why this is the most visited National Park in the country. Don't give me the credit for that, I just happen to live here-LOL

Anyway, thanks for coming and I do look forward to next year already.

The only thing I feel we could do to make next year's event better is change the date somewhat. As Clint and others have said, there were alot of conflicting events lately (Chevelleabration and Power Tour for two) that certainly effected who could attend. The other reason is it was HOT yesterday and no shade at the track meant REALLY HOT.
I think we should try the weekend following the Grand Run here, either in April or September. That way, for those that travel a great distance would have an excuse to spend both weekends here and vacation during the week with family. Of course, since I live here, it doesn't really matter to me. Whatever time we choose, we will definately grill out at Melcalf Bottoms next time rather than be in a hurry to leave the mountains. Everyone let me know which time of the year works better for you. I want to make it the best time for the most people.
Thanks

1981silverz28
06-26-2005, 01:08 PM
I totaly agree with david and 69rs,I had a great time at the track cause it was something I had never done beforeand the ride through the mtns was killer also.It makes it better on here now since I can put a face to some of the names now.Thanks for your wifes hard work and planning!

USAZR1
06-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Bill,may I make a suggestion that the event happen in July or August?
Personally,I agree that April or September would be cooler times but a lot of us still have kids in school.(yes,me too) Having the event during Summer Vacation might allow more to attend.
Honestly though,there's so much going on nowadays that there's bound to be a conflict with another event,somewhere.

69rs
06-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Even if kids are in school it would be worth finding somone to keep them, or let them miss a day or two. I know it was educational for me!:yeah:

Wildron
06-26-2005, 07:20 PM
sorrry for missing everyone.i was even in the forge..bill we'll hook up for sure in the near future.next year there will be several car from the local forum present for the show and the other events.if we'd known,could have probally brought 10 or more cars.seeing as we had a handfull there last night.just hangin out.who ever had the blue drop top.we seen ya cruzing thru pigeon forge.what a pretty car.