PDA

View Full Version : Should I go black wheels?

deak350
08-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I was thinking about a second set of wheels for my Nova and I am thinking about a set of black ZR1 wheels. Any thoughts?

DriverzInc
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I think black wheels on that car would actually look pretty damn good! How about a wheel style that look a little bit "lighter" like a 10 spoke or a split spoke of some kind?

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
youd have to do some things accordingly if you do..

black wheels will look good but youll have to add a chinspoiler, black some little things out.. etc.

but yea.. they would look good.

it will make the car look a little more aggressive.

deak350
08-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I think black wheels on that car would actually look pretty damn good! How about a wheel style that look a little bit "lighter" like a 10 spoke or a split spoke of some kind?

I am considering the 2009 ZR1 wheels that they make in black. Has anybody seen a good looking chin spoiler on a first gen Nova?

Derek69SS
08-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd say no... it's a clean classy looking convertible. I don't think black wheels would look "right" on that car at all.

The silver looks perfect. Brushed aluminum would also look very good on that car.

go-fish
08-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Graphite or Magnesium colored centers and a brushed hoop would look best in my opinion.

DarkoNova
08-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I think black wheels look good on damn near everything, lol. But then, I still like "murdered out" cars or whatever the term is for all black everything.

BonzoHansen
08-12-2011, 10:59 AM
I think black wheels look good on damn near everything, lol. But then, I still like "murdered out" cars or whatever the term is for all black everything.

funny, I am exactly the opposite. There are always exceptions, but IMO in most cases you need some kind of contrast or detail that separates the wheel from the tire. To me all black is visually dull. And flat black wheels just look dirty to me.

wellis77
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm with Amir. In order for it to work with the entire package you have to black out a few other things. Black wheels add an aggressive look to it that at this point, I don't think you're car sports. I had my car rendered with black wheels and in order for it to work, I needed to do the stripe and some other things in black. To me it gives a race car/street fighter look and I don't think your car supports that with all the chrome and polish. Just my .02.

geberhard
08-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I had the same debate and am glad I went with black wheels, different plus a good contrast with teh silver in the car. As Vengeance mentioned completelly changed the look\stance of th car to a meaner look in my case:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/02/IMG_2911-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/10/IMG_2910-1.jpg

geberhard
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
another angle:

Plan is to drop her some, but as a DD she rocks, so have worse intentions to the other projects :D
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/08/IMG_2921-1.jpg

Chevelle598bb
09-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Black wheels look great but you got to have the lighting right for pictures otherwise they just look like black blobs.

sixfivepost
09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
You can have black wheels and chrome accents. I'm doing the same thing, but my wheels will have some chrome as well. The black centers will contrast with the dark silver paint and the chrome hardware and hoops will match compliment the chrome bumpers, grill, and various trim pieces.

However because you have a two tone paint scheme going on, the black wheels may just be another source of color which could busy things up a bit. You do have a black soft top though, so it could work. I'm with the guys above who recommend blacking some things out here and there just to bring some more black along for the ride.