PDA

View Full Version : who has the best Power Window conversion for a 67-69 Camaro/Firebird

NYTRANSAM
08-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I would like to convert my mannual windows on my 68 Firebird to power. Which company has the best kit? quality and value. Who did you use and how hard was the conversion? Thanks

brans72
08-11-2011, 06:02 PM
I have been told by many shop owner and vendors factory are best to have. So figured the pro's know and found a used set now time to clean them up. Brandon

69blackwhss
08-11-2011, 11:54 PM
I found the best price was with jegs.com that's the kit I was going with. I hAve a 69 Camaro so it's about the same car. Just hope they work good an last u know. Sorry I could really help but good luck an let me know what u go with!

BigVin
08-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Nu-Relics $$$ but great kit.

NYTRANSAM
08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Ok im ready to order but trying to narrow it down, do I go with: Electra life, SPW, or Nu-relics? which is the best kit?

Twentyover
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I can report on my brother's Electric Life kit-

The motors lack torque enough to close windows in any combination. After farting around with the regulators adjusting them off and on for a week, he still needs to close the rears before the fronts-or they won't completely close. I concede that with further adjustment, it's possible they MAY close the glass in any order, but my brother decided he needed to stop fiddling and finish the car. Prior to installation with wind up windows, it did not take a Herculean effort to wind the windows up,so bent/misaligned should be dismissed as a cause.

Put me off electrics such that I have made a choice to not install the Electric Life kit I have for my 71

spud69
01-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I am about to do the same with 69 SS but with a lot of new up graded. I have seen pro's and con's on all but to me it comes down to the window moters themselves. But would appreciate 69 camaro builders opinion on their results. Also I need to replace the LH front door glass. Who makes the best replacement glass on the market. Thank you.