PDA

View Full Version : BB Bellcrank nova camaro

protouring71nova
06-25-2005, 01:09 PM
What is the different's in Bellcrank regarding bbc and sbc? The bbc in my nova was a swap from a 6 cylinder. I just want to make sure I have the right one? Maybe It dos'nt mater, dos anyone have a pic of a bbc bellcrank . thanks

dhardison
06-25-2005, 03:33 PM
The bellcrank is also known as the z-bar right? If so, the z-bar for a BBC (1st-gen Camaro or 3rd-gen Nova) is a little longer and the arm that drives the clutch fork has a different bend than the SBC z-bar.

My first question would be, do you have the correct SBC/BBC FRAME mounts installed? I use to have SBC FRAME mounts with my 454 and had to use the SBC z-bar. When I installed the correct BBC FRAME mounts I also had to switch to a BBC z-bar (the correct frame mounts physically relocate the engine). There's also a difference in the clutch fork push rod and swivel between a SBC and BBC.

I bought all my stuff from Classic Muscle. They had everything cheaper than YearOne/Classic and it was in stock. Check out page #25 of the following catalog. You can pick up the entire z-bar kit for $40. (item #10)

http://www.danhardison.com/catalogs/Classic_Muscle_Catalog.pdf

HTH,
Dan