PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Superspeedway future?

Yard Dawg
08-04-2011, 08:24 AM
May have to find a different venue for 2012.

Official Press Release (http://www.nashvillesuperspeedway.com/)

and local news story (http://www.wsmv.com/story/15201643/nashville-superspeedway-future-uncertain?redirected=true)

I've been going out there since it opened. I'd really hate to see it close up.

I hope somebody steps up and keeps it going!

JEFFTATE
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Wow , I hope the track can continue in some capacity .
Maybe a Grand Am Rolex or Continental Tire Series Race ??
That would be great .

tommycomfort
08-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Now that is a bummer!

Mike Holleman
08-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Wow , I hope the track can continue in some capacity .
Maybe a Grand Am Rolex or Continental Tire Series Race ??
That would be great .
Jeff, I'm afraid the road course there is sub par for those series. There are just too many good tracks available for them to use. NSS is a great track for what it is being used for now, Nationwide, Truck, ARCA etc. Hopefully someone with some vision will come along and keep it going. It is way too nice a facility to go away.
Mike

vintageracer
08-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Here is your chance to be a Big Wig and buy yourself a nice concrete oval track with a CRAPPY road course in the middle and a never completed drag strip out back.

Send qualified inquiries to:

CONTACTING THE BOARD
Our Corporate Governance Guidelines have been adopted under the rules of the New York Stock
Exchange and require that we have a means for interested persons to share their concerns with the
Presiding Director of our NonManagement Directors or with our NonManagement Directors as a
group.

Interested persons, including our stockholders, are encouraged to send communications to any
member of our Board of Directors, to the entire Board of Directors or to any Committee or group
of Directors, such as our NonManagement Directors.
Communications should be mailed as follows:

{designate Director(s), Committee(s) or group to whom you wish your communication sent}
c/o Klaus M. Belohoubek
Senior Vice President - General Counsel
Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment, Inc.

Concord Plaza
3505 Silverside Road
Plaza Centre Bldg., Suite 203
Wilmington, DE 19810

What a shame and what a poorly run facility from the CORPORATE standpoint. They complain that they could not get a Cup date. Why not do what all the other track owners have had to do for the last 10 years to get a race at a new venue and that IS move one of your 2 Cup dates from another of your race tracks to Nashville. They had their chance and made a business decision not to move a Cup date to this track. All Dover Downs needs to do is look in the mirror is they wish to determine why the Nashville Facility was a failure during their ownership.

woodside783
06-04-2014, 07:44 AM
a new company has purchased the track so maybe next year we can have it back at the speed way