PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Brand Manager

apex69
08-31-2004, 12:20 PM
I was at the Trans Am Nationals this past weekend and much to my surprise one of the sponsors was Scott Settlemier, Shows and Exhibitor manager at GM. There was a new C6 on display but the intriguing thing was on the sponsor board next to his name was, and I quote “Camaro Brand Manager”.

I was told he was there. I wanted to find out with this being 2004, why he was advertised as Camaro Brand Manager sponsor. I looked for him and may have not put in my best effort but I never did find him. I asked a couple of other people there about the sponsorship designation… there was only speculation and this at a Firebird/Trans Am event.

`O~O>

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 12:45 PM
The Camaro is set to come back in '07. Wasn't he also the Camaro brand manager for the 4th gens? Or am I confusing names?

Kenova
08-31-2004, 03:54 PM
The Camaro is set to come back in '07.

Let's hope they get it right this time.
Ken

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Let's hope they get it right this time.
Ken

You didn't like the 4th Gen Camaro's? Particularly the LS1s? Even more the SS? :help: :(

dennis68
08-31-2004, 05:06 PM
4th gen F bodies had real nice powertrains and decent suspension. I didn't care much for the body. If they don't butcher Hortons design too bad the 5th gen F body is going to be on back order forever with orders, it's BAD.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 05:18 PM
I guess I just feel differently, I think these are beautiful cars :). Probably the reason I'm going to hopefully be buying a 98ish SS soon :).

SSean's car on LS1tech
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Tony's (Nine Ball) car
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

68RallySport
08-31-2004, 05:44 PM
I think 4thgen WS6's look better then the SS's, both are really tight and a blast to drive. Not to shaby on the handling...
David

68RallySport
08-31-2004, 05:46 PM
heres a pic of my buddys ws6 and my cb550...

TonyL
08-31-2004, 05:48 PM
dont get me wrong, i loove the 4th gens. but i always thought they looked a little "geo stormish" especially the early ones. a classic muscle car shape is still needed.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-31-2004, 06:07 PM

I love the WS.6s as well. I'm considering buying one of those if I can get it for the right price, it's really just whatever I can find.

68RallySport
08-31-2004, 06:42 PM
i'd be in the same postion. I love them both... i actually helped my buddy get that one for 13000 and it had 59000 miles on it. 6spd of course. The guy had only driven it a 1000 miles in the past two years! Its a 98 have dynomax cat back, hypertech chip, granatelli MAF and ram air box...strut tower brace...the basic bolt ons. I thought it was an excellent deal for CA car. We are now selling that car because my buddy and i want to restore cars and make some money. So we are selling the TA so we can get some capital. Also his dream car is a 442 w-30 conv't so we just might need to build one or find a cutless 's'. a blast to drive non the less and an awsome daily...
David

BADVELLE
09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
I dealt with him back in '97-'98 when I was in the Chevrolet Hobby Shop. I was responsible for the Camaro and Corvette lines, so I used to deal with him on different information gathering missions. I also would see him at the Camaro Nationals held at the GM Tech Center every year.

Kenova
09-02-2004, 07:03 PM
You didn't like the 4th Gen Camaro's? Particularly the LS1s? Even more the SS? :help: :(
I'll be the first to admit that the drivetrain and handling of the 4th gen was second to very few, but for some reason they just didn't do it for me. I found them to be a little cramped, even though they were quite generous for room. The Firebirds looked a little better to me, especially the convertables when the roof was up. For the most part I thought they were just a little too swoopy.
I think one area where GM dropped the ball was in the interchange of parts. For the 1st and 2nd gen F-bodies, they shared a lot of parts with the X-bodies (Novas and clones). This creates savings for the company and makes the cars a little more affordable for the average person.
When they bring the Camaro back, I would like to see something a little more "sedan-like". It will also have to share parts with another car line to be economically viable.
But hey, what do I know?:rolleyes5
Ken

apex69
09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
I too would see him at the Tech Center as a particapant I would always pummel him with questions about the furture direction for the F car.

Good Times

JamesD
09-03-2004, 08:48 PM
I too would see him at the Tech Center as a particapant I would always pummel him with questions about the furture direction for the F car.

so what'd he say?

apex69
09-07-2004, 03:27 AM
so what'd he say?

The last time I was there was 02. He said that the F car line was to be discontinued and by then we already knew that. Then when I asked about furture comeback for the F car at that time he had nothing to say, just that there were no plans to bring it back.

We know differently today. A target of 07 model year (MY).
Now, bring on the spy photos.

XcYZ
09-07-2004, 08:18 AM
I agree with some of the prior posts. The 4th Gen is waaaay too soft. Too feminine. Nothing bold, muscular or in your face about them.

Stu Seitz
09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Needs to be more boxy like the 1st Gens. When a car has lines like that, that really aren't aerodynamic it makes me feel that the car has more muscle to make up for wind resitance. And an aerodunamic shape isn't always good looking.

Just my .02