PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro windows

paint2361
07-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Has anyone tried to install 68 door windows into a 67 door?

Z06vet
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
You would need all the window channels, regulators etc that goes with the 68 glass. That said, the mounting points are different between the 2 doors, and you would likely run into a situation where some fab work would be needed to mount the 68 pieces inside the door. If its an aftermarket door, it may have the provision for either setup. Do you not like the vent windows? Just curious

MuscleRodz
07-24-2011, 01:04 PM
inner structure is all different so it will not bolt up. and the door mounting bolt are different so you can't bolt the 68 to the 67 either

Charles
07-27-2011, 09:35 PM
ZO6vet is correct, you will pretty much need the rails, glass, channels, regulators ect. I have a 67 Camaro and installed 69 Camaro door glass. I was not a big fan for vent windows on a Camaro, made the glass look too broken up from a side view. Maybe on larger cars it looks good. It took a bit of fabrication and re-configuration, some trial and error. Since I had to buy different regulators I decided to purchase 69 Camaro power window regulators, I bought all used parts from a guy here on the forum and other places in case it didnt work out. You could also buy the door glass kit with rails, channels ect from NPD or other vendors have them, for a pretty penny$$$

Also, make sure you purchase weatherstipping and felts for a 68 or 69, I bought 67 stuff before deciding to change the glass....collecting dust now. my bad.

Hope this helped.