PDA

View Full Version : My experience with DriverInc Sucked!

lutzy
07-20-2011, 06:58 AM
I know how many people had a good experience with them and thats the reason I placed my order, but my dealings with them were ****ty to say the least. I ordered my wheels and tires last week of April and asked Jon what the turn around time was with forgeline..He assured me 4-6 weeks. I said I need them by July 4th and he said no problem I'll have them way before..I sent Jon 50% down payment via next day air and the order was place. I then registered for a car show out of state and it was all paid up. I then touched base with Jon at 4 weeks and he said everything is on schedule and then I added a set of lug nuts to the order. I then called Jon first week of June and he said my wheels are about done and for me to send in the remaining balance. So again I next day aired him my other 50% balance. This is where all the bull**** stated...called a week later and he told me I should have a tracking number within a few days..few days go by and I hear nothing..I call again and leave message..nothing heard again from him..I called and got him on the phone and he told me Ill have a tracking number tonight or by tommorow...I hear nothing again..I then call Forgeline my self and spoke to Scott, real nice guy by the way. He tells me that my wheels been sitting over there all done for a few weeks and is waiting for Jon to send him the tires to mount..WTF!! Its now a few days before the 4th of July and here is Driverinc f*ckin all my plans because they didnt send Forgeline the tires to mount..well 4th of July car show came and went and I lost a few hundred $$ and a week trip with my car because It has no wheels. Jon then tells me that the place that he bought the tires from sent them to his company (in california) instead of Forgeline which are both in Ohio. So now the tires have to get shipped all the way to California then turn around and go back to Ohio, right where they started. So I ask Jon, Why cant Tirerack where he bought the tires from just send another set directly to Forgeline so I dont have to wait another dam week or 2..I never got a response from Jon on that..At this point I just keep in touch with Scott at forgeline because he seems to know whats going on the best. He finally lets me know that Jon sent him a tracking number for the tires that are coming from Driverzinc..i went and tracked the the package and driverzinc didnt put the correct address for forgeline..COME ON! these guys cant get their **** straigh..So now a have to get on the phone with Fedex and try to straigten out the botched address crap and since im not the shipper they cant do nothing..Im really getting pissed now..So I make another another call to Driverzinc and get Justin on the phone and assured me everything will be straigtened out. Couple of days later Forgeline gets the tires and mounts them to my wheels..Scott at forgeline then says he can't ship them until they receive they final payment from Driverzinc!! WTF! I sent Driverinc my total payment a month before and they never paid Forgeline yet?? I end up getting a tracking number a few days later and my wheels show up..Im all excited and guess what? Driverzinc didnt send me my F'N lug nuts that I ordered..This place is a joke..I waited a whole month for nothing, I should of been at the car show with my car but because Driverinc not keeping on top of things I got screwed. Well hope anyone else has a good experiance with them..because I sure wont be doing any business with them. I should of payed the few $$ extra and went with Frank. I guess I learned the hard way.

parsonsj
07-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Moved to Feedback. This thread is now moderated... see the rules here:

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?78767-Feedback-Read-before-posting

parsonsj
07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
In case some of you are wondering where your posts went... here's a copy of rule 3 for this forum:

3) Only the vendor or private seller discussed will be able to reply. If the vendor or private seller wishes to reply, the reply will be posted and again the thread will remain visible to the readership but closed to further commentary from non-involved parties.

The idea is to keep the thread limited to facts and events and between the parties involved.

Thanks!

DriverzInc
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Mike ordered a set of Forgelines, and we quoted the 6 weeks we normally do.
Mike sent in a deposit by check, and we submitted the order, and that, from the day of order, to the day the check was received and funds were good in the bank takes a week. Forgeline built the wheels, took about what they normally do to build the wheels, and I got an email from Scott saying, John, these wheels will be done any day now, and better start getting everything lined up. All of that, was pretty normal. Here's where it started to roll down hill.

I contacted Mike, to let him know his wheels were about done at Forgeline, and that we should settle the balance, and he went and sent us a check for the balance and sent it to us express. I took it to the bank, deposited it so the funds were good, and the next day ordered his tires. Everyone of our local suppliers were out of the PS2's in his sizes, so I unfortunately had to turn to our Tirerack Wholesale account. They had the tires in stock, not in California, and because Mike had called very often to check on his order, I knew he was getting antsy for them, so I asked Tirerack to do something uncharacteristic, and drop ship them to Forgeline direct, so that the they could be mounted there, and then sent to the east coast, which is where Mike lives, to hopefully save some time. (Usually, Forgeline ships to us COD, and then we mount here and ship mounted and completed sets out from California, but I was trying to save time). Well, it failed.

TireRack did not drop ship it (which was the week of July 4th) something about it being against company policy, and someone stopped the order, and after the holiday, and both Forgeline and Mike calling to say they hadn't seen the tires yet, I called our Tirerack account rep, and then found out about the delay and tha they did not drop ship the tires. Told them to ship them out right away, to me. The day they arrived here, we slapped FedEx Express Saver labels on them, and send them right to Forgeline. When forgeline received them, they notified us as soon as they were ready, and faxed us a final invoice, we fedex express overnighted the balance and they were on their way to Mike.

An unfortunate hickup to a plan we had hoped would help expedite Mike's wheels, and delayed them, and with all the shipping back and forth, of the tires, delayed the order by 4 weeks.

Sometimes, **** happens, no matter how much you try to actually speed things up, and I think by Expressing the tires and eating the few hundred dollars in shipping, we did what we could. Sorry it took some extra time, but they are there now. I will also add that the wheels fit perfect, and when Mike originally called us, he had absolutely no clue what would fit his car. We did all the back end fitment work, and you can check his post in the Wheel & Tire section, but without providing us with one measurement, we nailed the fit on his wheels.

So a problem arose, we did what we could to fix it.

The wheels were built in the amount of time quoted.

The tires caused the delay, despite us ordering them on time.

Forgeline got paid when they invoiced us by overnight express.

And the most important thing, the wheels fit, because we did what we do best.

Sorry Mike for the delay, and enjoy your wheels that fit.

lutzy
08-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Im not about to go back and forth here..but I understand problems arise and its your resposibility to keep the customer informed. I felt like i had to make call after call finding out what was going on. All along you were telling me that forgeling had everything and should be sending me out a tracking # asap, meanwhile they never even had my tires there. I was the one who had to contact you and say "hey Jon forgeline doesnt have the tires" I also had to contact you and say "hey jon, you sent the tires to the wrong address for forgeline" I as the customer should not have to babysit the company that im buying something from. If it wasnt for me being a sqeaky wheel I might still be waiting for my wheels & tires. I also asked where my lugnuts were that I ordered since they werent included in the shipment. You assured me that I would have them the next day..well..its been a few weeks and I still dont have them. I didnt bother calling a million times to find out where they are..should I in order to get them? thats what im talking about, I shouldnt have to be nagging to get what I paid for. Heres the email just in case you forgot:

Nothing like waiting to mount a set of wheels and not having the lugnuts..I assume your next day airing them to me? You have a tracking #?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2011, at 5:12 PM, "Jon" <[email protected]> wrote:

They will be there tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jon Henson

Driverz Inc.

Toll Free: 1-866-694-5940 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-866-694-5940 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Fax: 951-582-2860

www.driverzinc.com

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:01 PM
To: Jon
Subject: Re: Invoice from Driverz, Inc.

??

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2011, at 3:03 PM, "Jon" <[email protected]> wrote:

I’ll check, give me 15 minutes

Cheers,

Jon Henson

Driverz Inc.

Toll Free: 1-866-694-5940 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-866-694-5940 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Fax: 951-582-2860

www.driverzinc.com

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:49 AM
To: Jon
Subject: RE: Invoice from Driverz, Inc.

Where the lug nuts shipped also with the wheels?

lutzy
09-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Still waiting almost 2 months and Jon still never sent me my lugnuts he charged me for.. He promised that I would have them in 2 days.. Well it's 2 months and he still won't respond..

DriverzInc
09-13-2011, 12:08 PM
After you posted, and we went back and forth, and you posted photos of the wheels on your car, it seemed to me like we were walking away from it. Since you have lugs, and obviously the wheels are on the car, do you just want your 20 bucks back, seems to make more sense to me.

lutzy
09-16-2011, 04:54 AM
The big picture here is that you said you were sending me the lug nuts, and i'll quote " You'll have them tomorrow" I waited a few days and then I had to go out and buy another set on my own since you never followed thru with sending them. The point im trying to make here is, this is the kind of crap I delt with my whole order from start to finish. You should treat each and everyone of your customers the same respect from start to finish. I just happen to mirror the attitude of how I was treated with you..thats why Im bitchin on this thread, and YES, I would like my $20 bucks sent to me like I asked several times before, im glad YOU got to decied that "obviously the wheels are on the car" so you wount have to send me my lug nuts I paid for..
Just send me my $$ so I can be done with this..you dropped the ball big time with me..the end!