PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Autobahn Country Club from Holiday Inn host hotel

protour73
07-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Autobahn Country Club - 3795 Center Point Way, Joliet, IL (815) 722-2223 ‎

From the (host hotel) Holiday Inn Banquet & Conference Center go out the access road between the Shell gas station and the Motel 6 and take a right onto McDonough St.

Immediately turn right onto Larkin Ave. (Rte.7) and go South 1 mile to Rte.6 and turn left
go East on Rte.6 for 1 mile to Brandon Rd. and turn right at the light
South on Brandon Rd. about 1.5 miles to Laraway Rd. and turn right
West on Laraway for 1 mile to Patterson Rd. and turn left
South on Patterson Rd. for 1.6 miles to the Autobahn Country Club on right

-------------------------------------

From all other starting points.........

These directions originate from the Larkin Avenue & I-80 interchange
(advance Road Construction Alert!!!) there is road construction on I-80 for 5 or 6 miles to the East and West of this Larkin Avenue interchange. Drive with caution especially if coming from out of town towing a trailer.

If you have any questions, PM me!!

Van B
07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Does that take you across that crappy lift up drawbridge? I sat there once for an hour with a truck and trailer when they were screwing around with a boat underneath.

protour73
07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes Jeff it does.

I tried to keep it simple. It appears that there are a bunch of barges tied up there, so I'm not sure how much traffic there actually is on the canal.

Van B
07-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I probably just hit it at a bad time. All I remember is it was a narrow road and no way to turn around. Going over to 53 is out of the way unless there is a boat situation. See you there.