PDA

View Full Version : New Book about Sleepers coming out August 15th

blown64vette
07-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that a book about Street Sleepers will be on the market August 15th. It is available on Amazon for pre-order, and it'll actually save a few bucks, compared to buying it at the book store. There are definitely some cool cars in there, including Kurt Urban's (no longer his) killer Nova, which happens to be on the cover. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Sleepers-Art-Deceptively-Fast/dp/1934709581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309184088&sr=8-1

WILWAXU
07-13-2011, 01:23 AM
It has the right car on the cover :D

BayouSS
07-13-2011, 03:31 AM
I'll second that!!

Scott Parkhurst
07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I edited this book. Tommy did a great job on it, and there was never any question what car would be on the cover. The only decision was which photo to use. I think we chose the right one...

It's a killer book- lots of great stuff between the covers. Some history, some sleeper how-to tech, and an inside look at many of the country's finest sleepers. If you're the kind of hot rodder who can truly appreciate the art of the sleeper, you'll love this book. I loved working on it.

BulldawgMusclecars
07-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a very interesting book, Scott!

blown64vette
07-13-2011, 10:19 AM
I edited this book. Tommy did a great job on it, and there was never any question what car would be on the cover. The only decision was which photo to use. I think we chose the right one...

It's a killer book- lots of great stuff between the covers. Some history, some sleeper how-to tech, and an inside look at many of the country's finest sleepers. If you're the kind of hot rodder who can truly appreciate the art of the sleeper, you'll love this book. I loved working on it.

Thanks Scott! I enjoyed working with you on the book, and I appreciate all of the help along the way!

bbcc
07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Sick! Just placed my order on Amazon.ca

Can't wait to read it.

moreHP
07-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I think this needs to be added to my automotive library!

Scott Parkhurst
07-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks Scott! I enjoyed working with you on the book, and I appreciate all of the help along the way!

I hear ya pal. Both of our hearts were totally into it, and nothing bad can happen when that's the case!

John Wright
07-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Scott...just how many books do you have out?...Seen your name at Barnes and Noble a few times

cobragt
07-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Very cool! Back after I bought my 87 Mustang GT ( in 87) I came across what I thought at the time was the Ultimate sleeper Fox Mustang. Plain Jane 85 LX hatchback light blue met. even had the skinny steel wheels with the crappy wire wheel hub caps the only thing that gave it away were the 5.0 badges on the fenders and the duels out the back. Otherwise it just looked like every other 4 banger LX.

Scott Parkhurst
07-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Scott...just how many books do you have out?...Seen your name at Barnes and Noble a few times

John-

I've only written one myself, but I work at CarTech/S-A Design books (www.cartechbooks.com) coming up with book concepts, finding the best-possible authors, helping them in any possible way they may need it, and then editing their work once the writing/photography is done. So, I am fortunate enough to work with some great guys on some great books! My name ends up in them as the editor, but the authors truly deserve the credit for the information on the pages. I just help out where I can. After being a magazine guy for 13 years or so, it's an interesting change of pace!

blown64vette
08-15-2011, 12:19 PM
The book is now officially on sale today! Hopefully it will start popping up in book stores and all that good stuff. Can't wait to see it on the shelf!