PDA

View Full Version : Sony XNV-770BT: Anyone have any experiences good or bad with this unit?

attack3
07-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi,

I'm going to have the dash on my 67 Camaro modified to accept a double DIN A/V unit. I've been looking at the Sony XNV-770BT. The reviews that I've read on this unit are really polarized = people either love it or hate it. I'm just curious if anyone here has had any experience with it.

I'm also wondering if anyone else is using a different double DIN setup that they are happy with. The features I'm looking for (in order) are: ability to read flash or SD cards (ideally I'd like to mount an SSD drive under the dash), Bluetooth phone support, Satellite radio (XM or Sirius; no preference), GPS, and a touch screen. If you're running a unit similar to this, please let me know what unit you're running and your likes and dislikes. If you have a double DIN unit in your first gen Camaro, I'd love to see some pictures.

Thanks!

-Louie

nekkidhillbilly
09-18-2011, 02:22 PM
while ive not had any experience with this unit i have sonys in general and i wouldnt recommend a sony unit unless the price was right

spacepirate
09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I agree. I've had a couple Sony units and I've never been happy with them.