PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Mustang Fastback Suspension

dougnugent1
07-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I am starting a new project. It is a 1965 mustang fastback. The car will have a twin turbo 302 in it that makes around 800 hp. Also going to put a 6 speed trans in it. I am looking to mostly drive it on the street and every once in a while take it to the drag strip or the texas mile. I have completely diassembled the car and started stripping off all the paint. I have been looking at IFS for it. I am looking for people opinions on them. I have narrowed it down to the heidts or TCI. Also looking to upgrade the rear suspension and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Doug

theRG
07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Look at the StreetorTrack coil-over suspension system, IMO the MustangII style IFS isn't worth the time or money.

cobragt
07-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Strut style front end would be way better than a Mustang II style. Way more adjustable IMO. Don't forget to start a build thread so me can see the progress on your build.

maxamil
07-23-2011, 10:31 AM
I went the Schwartz performance chassis route. You will spend a lot less in the long run. And you will get rid of the shock towers.

kmcanally
07-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Also check out Coretex Racing here...they seem to know what they are doing. They are building a 68 Cougar in an ongoing PHR series...its pretty hardcore. They are building a 66 Coupe too...

http://www.cortexracing.com/projects/filip-66/