PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro TruTurn system

69blackwhss
07-10-2011, 10:12 AM
As anyone done the TruTurn system is it nice an is it easy to do an it work with a ls1 with hooker headers? I like how u can put a fat tire an wheel one the front afterwords but dose it change Ur stock backspacing an off set from stock I would need to know that when I order new wheels. Thanks for any help guys

bret
07-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, the Tru Turn was just released on Wednesday, so I know no one has even received a system yet.

The 48 Hour Camaro has an LS motor with Hooker headers so I know that is compatible. We used Baer brakes, but I think that most all aftermarket brake systems will duplicate the oem disc brake backspacing. You will want to verify that with your brake supplier. With the Baer system we used a 5.75 wheel backspace.

It is quite easy to install. We will have an installation video published in a couple of weeks.

69blackwhss
07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks Bret could u tell me any more about the rims they used like offset ??
Well, the Tru Turn was just released on Wednesday, so I know no one has even received a system yet.

The 48 Hour Camaro has an LS motor with Hooker headers so I know that is compatible. We used Baer brakes, but I think that most all aftermarket brake systems will duplicate the oem disc brake backspacing. You will want to verify that with your brake supplier. With the Baer system we used a 5.75 wheel backspace.

It is quite easy to install. We will have an installation video published in a couple of weeks.

marolf101x
07-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Offset is the wheel centerline minus the backspacing; then convert to metric.
You can use the information from this site to help (there's a nice little chart):
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

However you should ALWAYS measure your own vehicle before you purchase wheels. DO NOT take anyone's dims as gospel or you may be buying a second set of wheels.
That being said, let's play a game of "ask the expert"!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNf7_k4o-M&feature=player_embedded

69blackwhss
07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks man I would still measure befor just like to see how big an what numbers others how to give me an idea lol gets me more into goin an doing the projects ;) an I like the chart. Thanks

Garymac69
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Has anyone installed the TruTurn system on their '69 Camaro and used 275 front tires? If so, then how much surgery was required on the inner fender wells? What width wheels did you use? I need to order wheels this week and need to decide on wheel width. My choices are limited to 18x9 or 18x10 and I will be using 275/35/18 KDW's.

Gary

Vicinity
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Has anyone installed the TruTurn system on their '69 Camaro and used 275 front tires? If so, then how much surgery was required on the inner fender wells? What width wheels did you use? I need to order wheels this week and need to decide on wheel width. My choices are limited to 18x9 or 18x10 and I will be using 275/35/18 KDW's.

Gary

I have 275's and they clear the stock fenders fine. The only part that rubs in the tie rod end and I have 17's. 18's might clear fine on a stock front end (depending on how much you space it, I'm running 1.7 inches on a ZR1 wheel).

Garymac69
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
I have 275's and they clear the stock fenders fine. The only part that rubs in the tie rod end and I have 17's. 18's might clear fine on a stock front end (depending on how much you space it, I'm running 1.7 inches on a ZR1 wheel).

Is that ZR1 wheel 9 1/2" wide?

toofun
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey Gary,

Talk to Frank from Prodigy Customs... He is excellent and can really steer you in the right direction with this. From what I was told the 48 camaro required some modification with a 10 inch rim and 275 with tire. There is a way to get a 265 tire under there with the tru turn system with NO MODIFICATION required and NO TURNING RADIUS change but I will let Frank explain that to you... The difference between the 265 and 275 is 1/4 of an inch.. I doubt you would notice a difference on that. Anyways, call Frank at Prodigy. He is great!

Mark
TOOFUN

Vicinity
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Is that ZR1 wheel 9 1/2" wide?

I think so. It's OEM.