PDA

View Full Version : Run Thru The Hills VII has sold out

Larry Callahan
07-08-2011, 11:05 AM
NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rtth6/RTTH-FORUM-LOGO-400.jpg

September 23, 24 and 25 2011
Rain or Shine

Note: The weekend this event runs has changed!

Here we go again. It's time for another Run Thru The Hills event in Pigeon Forge TN. Bill Howell of MuscleRides.com (http://www.musclerides.com) has once again organized what promises to be an unforgettable event: the 7th annual MuscleRides.com Run Thru The Hills. Scheduled during the beautiful mid September weather of "God's Country" Tennessee, this event will feature a plethora of pro-touring cars and enthusiasts; autocrossing, drag racing, Speedstop Challenge and a cruise through the Dragon --what more could a pro-touring enthusiast ask for?

Friday now has two options!

Friday option 1 - A day of autocross school at Smokies Stadium follwed by a BBQ dinner

Friday Option 2 - A cruise over the Tail of the Dragon follwed by a BBQ dinner

Want more? This event is a qualifying event for the Optima Batteries Ultimate Streetcar Invitational (http://www.optimainvitational.com/) it's your chance to win an invite for the 2011 event that runs the day after SEMA in Nevada.

Want even more? It is also a Team T/A Contingency event. Show up, sign up and you too could win cash money!

Join us and experience what pro-touring is all about: three days filled with good times, good friends and of course, the meanest Pro-Touring cars around. This event is the perfect opportunity to safely test your car's performance on the autocross track, dragstrip, Speedstop Challenge as well as means of putting faces to the names you've chatted with all year on the forum. We're all aware of the enormous amount of hard work and preparation that goes into building a well sorted g-machine: this is your chance to show off what your car can really do.

This event will sell out fast. If you think you might want to attend this very fun and popular event you better register now.

Registrations are reserved in the order payments are received. So, you are not in until your spot(s)

This years event will be 3 days of fun, sun and pro-touring.

The basic schedule

Friday Sept 23 option 1 - Autocross school followed by a BBQ dinner at Precision Hot Rods $45

Friday Sept 23 option 2 - Cruise the Tail of the Dragon then a BBQ dinner at Precision Hot Rods $18 per person

Saturday Sept 24 - Autocrossing at Smokies Stadium (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Knoxville+TN&ie=UTF8&ll=35.988659,-83.604648&spn=0.004158,0.007231&t=k&z=17&om=1).
Bill has managed to secure Smokies Stadium again as the location for the autocross event. The track layout will be fast and technical and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.

8am: Meet at Smokies Stadium for Autocross
Drivers meeting time TBA soon (about 8am)
Lunch details TBA soon
3pm: Autocross ends

Sunday Sept 25 - Drag racing and Speedstop Challenge at 411 Dragway.
Come on out and practice that '60 time in your g-Machine.

8am: Drag racing/Speedstop Challenge starts?
2pm: End event

We expect to see an increased attendance again this year, so sign up soon. Space is limited. Cut off year wise for cars will be 1987. Those that have attended before with newer cars will be "grandfathered". Please check with Bill if you have a question concerning this new rule. RTTHs has gotten very popular, so to be sure we have enough space for true musclecars, we have to have a cut off now.

Take a look at the location of this year's autocross location: Smokies Baseball Stadium

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rtth6/stadium-400.jpg

And the best part? It's inexpensive.

Event T-shirts are $22 for Small-4XL

(Additional donations will be accepted)

We have moved the RTTH to the next weekend this year due to scheduling conflicts with other events. Unfortunately, the Main Stay already had a large group booked that week. So, we are moving to the Country Cascades that is still on the backroad. Remember, this is not a rod run weekend so the good news is rates are cheaper. The weekend dates for the 2011 event is Sept. 22-25 Thursday-$59 Friday and Saturday-$79 Sunday-$59 Be sure to cancel any reservations you have made at Main Stay, since the weekend is different anyway and call Country Cascades as soon as you can make your reservations. at 800-523-3919. When you call be sure and register under "PROTOUR" to get the correct rate. We signed the contract for 60 rooms so we should be covered and everyone will have a room that needs one. Sorry for the inconvenience but I think everyone will be happy here also.
http://www.countrycascades.com/

PLEASE make your reservations as soon as possible. They will run out of rooms fast.

Vendor space at the autocross may be available this year. If you are or someone you know might be interested please contact Bill Howell.

NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!

Click the link below for more info and to register
Link removed due to being completely sold out

1981silverz28
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I got registered !!! Now I just want Sept to hurry and get here ..

Tucks69
07-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Just signed up! Now I have to get busy on the Camaro!

JEFFTATE
07-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Me too!
Got registered and paid !!

Thanks Uncle Bill and Uncle Larry !!

wmhjr
07-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm in. Have had hotel reservations at the new place for a couple months now!

LeadSSled
07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
The LeadSSled land yacht is registered for another fun RTTH event! :)

01badz28
07-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered and paid! Thanks for granfathering in us guys with plastic cars!

TonyBolton
07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered and paid! Thanks for granfathering in us guys with plastic cars!

I agree, thank you all for letting the plastic cars play. I'll be there looking more "P-T'ing" this year!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/07/DSC00928-1.jpg

BayouSS
07-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered and Paid. Now Kathy and I can join in on the fun instead of just watching.

Thanks guys!!

dusterbd13
07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
im registered and paid too.

now to find somewhere cheaper to stay..... (im using all my play money to come)

Yelcamino
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered and paid. Now I just have to register Carol.

Carol L.
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered and paid! :twothumbs

Tricky
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
I was just about to make plans to go when I read about the 1987 cut-off rule. When do you think that rule might get changed? We really want to attened.

protouring70
07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow I can't wait!!!! I still don't have anything to run but I still enjoy coming to watch. Hopefully you can count on me to help with the Autocrossing on Fri and Sat. And most of all I can't wait to hang out and see everyone!!! See ya soon!!!

Yelcamino
07-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I was just about to make plans to go when I read about the 1987 cut-off rule. When do you think that rule might get changed? We really want to attened.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the year cut off is for the competition side of the event, any year car can be used for fun.

GeoffP
07-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Y'all have fun for me...don't think I'm going to make it this year. Had some buyer interest in the engine/trans in my 68 so I'm planning an LSx swap. It'll likely be in pieces the rest of the summer and all winter while I source parts.

68redcamaro
07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered and paid. I look forward to this all year long. It is the top of my list of car events each year.

Thanks Bill!!!

Terry

Bill Howell
07-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Guys, the Friday class/school is now full. For those that missed out this time, stay tuned there is another day of instruction coming soon.

Those that called me from Columbus yesterday, I got you guys covered, just note the school in your paypal comments.

stage2ROUSH
07-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered and paid !!! thanks Bill !! can not wait ! going to be a GREAT start for vaction/me hitting the big" 5.0 "this year !!! yep gona be half a 100 in august.

dropit69
07-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Bill i will have to update my car to a 2002 as i am ripping aprt my 71..thats ok right..if not i might be able to part together a older one..lol

BuzzKillian
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Done and Done.... Now I just gotta get the car done.... Talk about motivation.

Tricky
07-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Not just attend, but compete!

tazzz25906112
07-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Hum good friends, Driving school/classes, and ''"A Drinking Club with a Car Habit"'' as Bret so eloquently put it at his B-day in Columbus Sat and Some BBQ steaks (my treat again),,,,,,,, Now do you think I'm in????? You bet your """A$$"""
Can't wait good buddy...

Bow Tie 67
07-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Who's teaching the class? I doubt I'll have my car, but hope to fly in and chill.

JEFFTATE
07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Hum good friends, Driving school/classes, and ''"A Drinking Club with a Car Habit"'' as Bret so eloquently put it at his B-day in Columbus Sat and Some BBQ steaks (my treat again),,,,,,,, Now do you think I'm in????? You bet your """A$$"""
Can't wait good buddy...

I like that " A Drinking Club with a Car Habit " ..
That's perfect !

1981silverz28
07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree 100% with you Jeff

bkkpool
07-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm in again this year. I have never been down the Dragon so I am looking forward to the cruise this year.

dropit69
07-11-2011, 01:32 PM
im registered and hotel from wed -mon...love coming down early and checking out the sights..gotta tour Floyds finally this year..

Dane Laney
07-12-2011, 03:29 AM
It took me twice but I got it,, first sighned up for Autocross and Drag, then a couple of days later sighned up for the Dragon run and dinner, I have watched knowing one day I would be in it,, well its really coming,, Its gonna be a blast,,, I can't wait to see everyone again, and to have my car there finally. Come on SEPT. this will be one of the best weekends. Hello Ladies

damannhw
07-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Okay, just registered and paid. This will be my first autocross in my newly purchased '70 Firebird, although I have a little autocross experience in the past. Can't wait, just got to get the car ready to go !

protouring70
07-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Hey it's all about having fun! Come and enjoy yourself and take a ride with some of the other more experienced drivers for pointers. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the great people that are there!!!

Okay, just registered and paid. This will be my first autocross in my newly purchased '70 Firebird, although I have a little autocross experience in the past. Can't wait, just got to get the car ready to go !

dropit69
07-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Ive autocrossed a few times now and still suck but learning..but damn its so much fun...this whole weekend is a blast form start to finish..can't wait for sept.. !!!!!!!

Tricky
07-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Lets make a deal. How about a 1990 year cut off and I'll make sure I come every year!

Cuzidid
07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Brad & Terri are registered and paid. Let us know how we can assist...looking forward to RTTH.

Granger

xxxturbo6
07-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Registered, But I really wish the Auto-x school wasn't sold out so fast....Couldn't they add another instructor to open up more spaces or something? Please put me on the cancellation list if there is one... If not, I guess I will just have to throw my ol' Buick around uneducated... lol

Debington
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
We are both registered and ready (kinda) to go! The 66 will be done....the 66 will be done...the 66 will be done! LOL

Deb

BayouSS
07-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Lets make a deal. How about a 1990 year cut off and I'll make sure I come every year!

Tricky,
I understand what you mean, I have my 90 454SS with the 572 on hold because of the cut off date. So, I went and bought the 70 Nova just so I could hang out with this great group of guys and gals. Due to time restraints Bill had to do something to limit the number of people signing up for the events, just so many hours in a weekend. Even if you cannot compete just come and hang out, thats what we did for a few years and still had a great time.

ty1295
07-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I just registered after a PM with Bill. As he explained to me the year cutoff is purely for contingency stuff and awards, doesn't stop us from having fun though.

Can't wait. Somehow I just got hooked on these events last weekend at the day at the strip event with Bowler and all the sponsors. Might have helped I won start stop event.

JEFFTATE
09-19-2011, 06:14 AM
What time does the AutoCross School start on Friday Morning ???
Usual Time ??? 7:00 am at Smokies Stadium ????