PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greet/museum tour (Thursday 7-6-11)

Off Duty
07-05-2011, 04:14 AM
I know this is late notice, but on Thursday afternoon, starting @ 4:30 pm, a local member over at NastyZ28, who also happens to be the proud owner of a local Chevrolet museum (Vettes, Camaros, etc) here in the Tampa area, has agreed to open the doors to his place for a meet & greet and tour of the facility, as part of the welcome for Julian (Falloutboy) who is visiting from Germany.

When I proposed the idea to him, his response was:

That's a good idea if you want to post up an open invitation for members/friends in the area to come as well. You can set up the meet and greet here too. There is a first class event center here in the museum as well, complete with a kitchen and facilities that feeds & entertains up to 75 people easily. My place sits on 10 acres of private property and there is well lit, paved parking for as many people as you could possibly invite. People are welcome to bring their classics. If we can get a rough headcount, I could pick up BBQ or Pizzas.

His facility is located behind his shop located at:

Tampa Amalgamated Steel Corp. (name on front of building)
5215 Saint Paul St.
Tampa, FL 33619

He attached a couple of pictures and it looks like it'll be a blast!

Feel free to bring your classics, hot rods, Z's, whatever, there's a huge lot with paved parking lot at the museum.
We'll probably hang out there until around 7 (+/-).

We've opened this invitation up to not only the members at Nasty Z28, but also to Pro-touring.com and our statewide musclecar website (http://floridamusclecarnetwork.freeforums.org/index.php)
So even with late notice, we're hoping for a good turnout.

Please try to give me a head count if you plan to attend, as food and refreshments will be provided.

Thanks,

Gordon

PS- there's also going to be a meet & greet/dinner for Julian on Wednesday evening.

Right now, it looks like around 7pm, at the Boston's on Anderson Road.
I'll post another thread on that as soon as I have the details firmed up with Boston's.

Sorry for the late notice, but we were not sure when Julian was going to be here, or when his flight leaves?

And one final request?

We are in need of a room for Julian for Thursday night.
His flight leaves on Friday and the Jim, who he's been staying with all week on the east coast, has to get back for the launch.

If there's anyone who has a room available for the evening, please let me know?
He'll need transport to Tampa International Airport on Friday morning, but if he stays in the NW part of the County (Carrollwood/Town & Country, etc., I can pick him up and get him there.

Thanks,

Gordon

Off Duty
07-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Wow, 35 views and not a single comment?

I know it's last minute, but heck?
Oh well, I tried.

If anyone's interested, we'll be a Boston's restaurant http://tampabay.citysearch.com/profile/map/44606300/tampa_fl/boston_s_gourmet_pizza.html
9316 Anderson Road
Tampa, Fl. 33634
from 7:00 pm- ? tonight.

(813) 478-2726 if anyone want's to join us.

absintheisfun
07-06-2011, 03:40 AM
I'd love to come, but I'm in Dallas :(