PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys des moines great people and great time

chumscustoms
07-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I have been to many good guys shows ive been on 9 power tours and a long hauler on 4 of them
but today (july 2) i was at the good guys show in des moines and i talked my brother-in-law into going with me to the show. He has a pretty sweet 99 svt cobra with a t76 turbo 598 rwhp set up for auto cross.
he always gave me crap for liking the older cars and always tried to get me to get into a vette or something newer but i just like the older styling and originality.
When he got there is was immediatly pulled to the autocross arear and began to critic the cars and he wondered how fast they could really run.
after whatching the vendors cars run he was glued to the fence watching.
after the first session he went over the DSE and talked to kyle tucker, who was a awesome guy and even let shawn go for a ride along on one of the pass's kyle made.
What im trying to say is, thanky ou to all that were there and running the crap out of your cars. You have now made a believer and a car show buddy out of my brother -in-law.
and to me that is what this is about kyle would talk to ya like you were high end customer and then go beat the hell out of his cars.
and buy the way his 2 camaros were wicked and
and the guy with the 66 chevelle with the roadster shop frame was laying down some serious numbers also
i could on and on about the cars there but the people really impressed me
THANK YOU for being great car guys:cheers:

dontlifttoshift
07-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I need to add to this.

I drove my stock skylark over just to watch my friends autocross. Long story short, we lost the motor and everyone went out of their way to help. Chris and Lynda Jacobs (RS chassied chevelle) helped me diagnose the problem and Jason Childress from Gateway Classic Mustang gave me his toolbox and anything else we needed to try and fix the car. When we threw in the towel and condemned the car Jason gave my wife and I a ride to the airport to get a rental car.

Kyle Tucker dug right in and changed springs on The crusher camaro.....He would make a lap and get right back to work.

The point of all of this is thanks to everone that helped us and to all involved in making this a great event. It guys like you that make events a good time.

Donny

tazzz25906112
07-03-2011, 11:15 AM
All the people you mentioned in your comments are known to be 1st class and helpful in every way possible...... They truly do represent the unique spirit of our little corner of the hobby and we're all very lucky to be in a position to call them friends....