PDA

View Full Version : Slant six help

Chadly B
07-01-2011, 06:28 PM
My hands are greasy, I just dropped a pushrod in to replace the broken one.....the pushrod falls too far in the hole, I'm like 1 to 2 inches short of touching the adjuster nut, did I just miss the lifter, or is it possible that the lifter jumped out of the bore?

rrunner68
07-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Gonna have to shine a flashlight down there and check. Possibly both. Usually its easier to pull out the pushrod next to the one in question and shine the light in through there.

MrQuick
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
possible....how low did it run with the broken pushrod? might have a collapsed lifter.

Chadly B
07-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I know when it broke, and I hate to admit how long I drive it after that, but it was 3 weeks after my divorce and I was 200 miles from home, going to see my kids... Drove it back home, bought another cheap beater and parked the car in my backyard....it ran pretty good before it broke ( for what it was) this is a mechanical lifter motor, too....I'll have to check that valve and make sure it's not stuck....

MonzaRacer
07-10-2011, 06:27 AM
missed lifter it sounds like. stuck valve is easy all valves same height on slants, bring smae cyl other valve up closed this is quick tell.