PDA

View Full Version : 2011 2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge is Back!

MarkB
07-01-2011, 07:52 AM
2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge

Brought to you By:
Bowler Performance Transmissions, 10/10ths Motorsports, Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels & O’Reilly Auto Parts

It’s Back! By popular demand we are bringing back The Midwest Musclecar Challenge. This is a four-element event open to any domestic model year vehicles. The event will be run on September 3rd & 4th , 2011. The event will be held at, Putnam Park Road Course, in Mount Meridian, Indiana on Saturday Sept. 3rd and at the Mid-American Air Center, located in Lawrenceville, Illinois on Sunday Sept. 4th. The event includes road course, 99 mile cruise, autocross and a speed-stop challenge.

The high horsepower fun will begin on Saturday with the Hot Lap Challenge. Putnam Park Road Course is a 1.87-mile, 10-turn, highly technical facility. A full day on the road course assures everyone plenty of track time and there will be instruction available for novices or those that want to improve their existing skills. 10/10ths Motorsport will be providing instructors for the Putnam Park Road course. Don’t miss out on the instructional part of this event.

The track day will be followed by a 99-mile cruise that will wind its way through the scenic byways of southern Indiana and Illinois. Utilizing primarily two lane highways and county roads, this element will highlight the road handling manners of the vehicles and give all the participants an opportunity to relax after a day at the track.

Sunday morning promises lots of activity for the day and the Mid-American Air Center is the ideal location to continue the challenge! Located in Lawrenceville, Illinois, this is the same location that the first World Series of Drag Racing was held and the SCCA has been running since the early 50’s.

The nearly unlimited size of the Air Center allows for the creation of a one-of-a-kind Autocross course that will challenge the drivers push the vehicles to the edge of performance.

The speed-stop challenge also promises to be an exciting event as we test the limits of acceleration, braking and driver skills all at the same time! The “stop box” will be the ultimate proof of mechanical functionality and driver talent.

Registration for the event will open July 8th, 2011 and will be limited to the first 60 entries. Entry fee is $225 before August 31st and will be $295 the day of the event. Entry includes one vehicle for each event & two adults. There is no limit to the vehicle years, but sorry we limiting it to production domestic vehicles. No imports, exotics or kit cars are allowed to compete, but are welcome to be exhibition vehicles if desired.

Brought to you By:
Bowler Performance Transmissions, Royal Purple, 10/10ths, Forgeline Wheels & O’Rielly Auto Parts

Phantom Products, Powertrain Control Solutions, BFGoodrich Tires, Baer Brakes Speed By Spectre, Detroit Speed & Engineering & Carbon Kustoms are proud sponsors of the Midwest Musclecar Challenge.

Mark -G-
07-04-2011, 08:40 AM
This event is AWESOME! Thank you ALL (read those reponsible) (and those continuing to request it) for bringing it back! W Ten Tenths involved again its bound to be as GREAT as last year! :smoke::6gears:

wmhjr
07-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I sure wish this would have been communicated sooner :(

wneal
07-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Agreed but it has taken a while to finally nail down a date etc. It is ready to go though and will be another great Muscle Car Event at Putnam Park.
Registration is open at LINK (http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/sept_3rd_pp.html)

We will provide a much greater level of instruction and on track help to improve your overall track safety, skills and fun.

I am very excited about being a part of the Muscle Car Challenge this year and am looking forward to seeing many of you again.

Thanks and I will see you at the track

Mark -G-
07-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok went to links, looked at Instructor registration for 2 different levels of experiance and vehicles. I'm looking to register for novice / musclecar. NON instructor. Am I over analyzing this? :hmm:

wneal
07-09-2011, 04:20 AM
This is the link and you can choose Novice or Intermediate
LINK (http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/catalog/item/7998712/8891379.htm)

We will be doing all the registrations through the 10/10ths Motorsports site
The link to the event page is LINK (http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/sept_3rd_pp.html)

Mark -G-
07-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks, I am in the direct link does not let you over think things. Novice or Int / Advanced (not me). Hope to see everybody there! :smoke::6gears:

shmoov69
07-22-2011, 07:54 PM
SWEET!! So, I would still be a novice since I have only done it once at the one last year correct?

Finch
07-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I signed up as soon as I heard it was back on. This is one of my favorite events as the track at Putnam and the great instructors at 10/10th's are the best of the best. Last year the energy of the guy riding with me heped me push the car more and more and get everything out of it I could. The track has no real dangerous spots and if you do go off course, like Kyle did a few times, it is a nice drive accross the lawn until you can get back on the course.

Also if you have never experienced the autocross at Bowlers that is worth the price of admission. The course is open and fast which allows you to use all that power you spent all your money on. At days at the strip last weekend they had 50+ cars running and I made 25 to 30 runs on Saturday.

This is the best value of the year so I would not wait to sign up

MarkB
07-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Here is the link to sign up online. This event is gearing up to be one of the best events of the season! With the help of 10/10ths instructors you can not go wrong. You will come away from Putnam with a whole new confidence level and will be amazed what you can do with you car once they are done.

Speed by Spectre is back on board with us this year to bring their Top Speed Challenge to the event!

The Midwest Musclecar Challenge is brought to you by:
Bowler Performance Transmissions, Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, 10/10ths Motorsports & O'Reilly Auto Parts.

BFGoodrich Tires, Carbon Kustoms, Powertrain Control Solutions, Speed By Spectre, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Baer Brakes and Phantom-Products are proud sponsors of the 2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge.

Sign up now before it's too late! Click on this link http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=13

thedodgeboys
07-24-2011, 05:26 PM
This sounds like fun...

Do convertibles need a roll bar to compete?

Its the same weekend as the Kansas Good-Guys auto cross...

MarkB
07-24-2011, 06:17 PM
This sounds like fun...
Do convertibles need a roll bar to compete?

Its the same weekend as the Kansas Good-Guys auto cross...

Good Question. Yes Convertibles do need a roll bar to compete on the big track at Putnam on Saturday, but will not be needed for the Speed Stop or Autocross in Lawrenceville on Sunday.

Yes I hated that this event had to fall on the same weekend of Kansas, as we are large supporters of the Good-Guys shows. But to make this event happen for 2011 we were very limited on availibility of the Road Course at Putnam. So we went for it. We will be better prepared for 2012 and will plan and give everyone a better notice. Thank you for everyone that is supporting the event.

Scott Parkhurst
08-01-2011, 06:23 AM
OK I'm signed up and ready to go! See you all there.

Scott Parkhurst
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
What's the deal on hotels? It looks like we 'should' stay in one the first night and another the second night. Is that correct? I'm about to make reservations..

Mark -G-
08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Good question Scott. Thanks for standing by on the HPCC event incident with 3 of a kind turned Scott cubed. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Paul is coming again w the Challenger. Hope to get hotel resevations soon. :smoke:

MarkB
08-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes guys this is the same format as last year for anyone who attended. For those who are first time particpants, you are in for a great event, thanks for supporting the Midwest Musclecar Challenge!

Friday night I would recommend:
Super 8 Cloverdale (Tell them you are with 10/10ths when registering)
Cloverdale, IN 46120 US
Phone: 765-795-7373

On Saturday after the Hot Lap Challenge we will take a relaxing cruise across the fields of Indiana and Illinois. This is a 99 mile cruise sponsored by Carbon Kustoms. The best place to stay Saturday night is in Vincennes, Indiana, about 8 miles from Mid-American Air Center in Lawrenceville, IL.

The best hotel options in Vincennes, IN:

Holiday Inn Express | (812) 886-6333
Super 8 | (812) 882-5101
Comfort Suites | (812) 882-2244

If you have any questions feel free to drop us an e-mail [email protected]

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Thanks,
Mark

Scott Parkhurst
08-08-2011, 02:59 PM
OK Mark- got it and will do!

Looking forward to seeing Mark G and Paul again too! Good times with good people in fast cars. Does it get any better? See you all there.

MarkB
08-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Just a quick update and a list of current sponsors / supporters of the MMC.

The MMC is presented by: Bowler Performance Transmissions,
Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, 10/10ths Motorsports, O'Reilly Auto Parts

Spectre Performance, Magnaflow Exhaust, Powertrain Control Solutions, Tracy Electric, Carbon Kustoms, BFGoodrich, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Baer Brakes are proud sponsors of the Midwest Musclecar Challenge!

It looks like we are going to have some nice give-a-ways for this event. We will do this in the form of a random raffle by car number! So everyone gets a chance to win some great prizes. You do not have to beat anyone on the track, you just have to be here to win!

Here is the recent Press Release

The Midwest Musclecar Challenge is a four-element event open to any domestic model year vehicles. The event will be run on September 3rd & 4th at two of the Midwest’s premier facilities, Putnam Park Road Course, in Mount Meridian, Indiana, and the Mid-American Air Center, located in Lawrenceville, Illinois. The four elements include road course, street driving, autocross and a speed-stop challenge.

The high horsepower fun will begin on Saturday with the Forgline Wheels Hot Lap Challenge. Putnam Park Road Course is a 1.87-mile, 10-turn, highly technical facility. A full day on the road course assures everyone plenty of track time and there will be instruction available for novices or those that want to improve their existing skills. 10/10ths Motorsport will be providing instructors for the Putnam Park Road course. We will have one run group for Advanced Drivers of any car type. You do not have to have a Muscle Car to register for this group but you do have to have advanced driving skills and be comfortable in a Passing Anywhere with No Pointbye driving situations. Spots for this group is limited to 20 drivers.

The track day will be followed by the Carbon Kustoms 99-mile cruise that will wind its way through the scenic byways of southern Indiana and Illinois. Utilizing primarily two lane highways and county roads, this element will highlight the road handling manners of the vehicles and give all the participants an opportunity to relax after a day at the track.

Sunday morning promises lots of activity for the day and the Mid-American Air Center is the ideal location to continue the high-octane extravaganza!

The nearly unlimited size of the Air Center allows for the creation of a one-of-a-kind Bowler Performance Transmissions Autocross course that will thrill both the drivers and spectators and push the entries to the ragged edge of performance.

The Baer Brake speed-stop challenge also promises to be an exciting event as we test the limits of acceleration, braking and driver skills all at the same time! The “stop box” will be the ultimate proof of mechanical functionality and driver talent.

Registration is now open and will be limited to the first 60 entries. Entry fee is $225 before August 31st and will be $295 the day of the event. Entry includes one vehicle and driver for each event. Spectators are welcome and free!

Go To http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com

Thanks for everyone who is coming to support this event!

dunnjun
08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
OK just signed up. MMCC1, last year, was my 1st event. I was pretty nervous about getting out on the track, since I hadn't driven a car really fast in 20yrs. I had an instructor with me just about every lap, and they will absolutely give you the confidense to get the most out of yourself and your car. By the end of the day I was surprising myself and probably my instructor too, or lets just say he wasn't hangin' on as tight. Putnum Park is a fast, but safe track, and Lawrenceville is one of the best autox tracks ever! Throw in a bunch of instructors, and you've got one heck of a deal!

tommycomfort
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Signed up and paid! We'll be there with the 66. Oddly enough I only have a short list of things that need to be done before the event....

shmoov69
08-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Well, the car is STILL kicking me in the nuts!! I'm going to try, but can't promise I'll be there, we do have rooms booked just in case though!
What is the car count now?

Bad94
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Signed up, and paid, Now am i and the car ready for the big track?

JEFFTATE
08-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Hows the registration going ?? Sold out yet ??

MarkB
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey guys, registration is picking up and looks like we are going to have a great group at this event. But there is still spots available! Hurry and get registered before August 31st to get your discount!

We are now supporting the request of a passenger being able to drive a registered vehicle at a reduced rate. So when you sign up if you have a spouse or friend that would like to take your car around the track we have a spot online to register up to one passenger / friend to drive your registered vehicle. You will not be charged the $225, it will only be an additional $100.

We have also had requested to allow just entry for Sundays the autocross at Lawrenceville, IL. So if you are tied up Saturday and can't make it for both days and would like to come out and run the large autocross, feel free to do so. We can register you on location and the cost will be $100. You will need to be at the Mid American Air Center by 8:00 am CST Sunday.

We hear your requests, and that is what we put these event together for. We want to see everyone out with their cars and having a great time. This event is more about supporting the industry and educating all of us on how to mange our muscle cars around a track safely and with confidence. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has never been on a road course, no need to be afraid any more. No one has to go out there and beat someone with experience. We have set up run groups and will give everyone the opportunity to ride with a 10/10ths instructor and learn the correct way to get around the course.

Just a couple of the instructors that we all know that will be on hand is Bill Neal & Danny Popp! Come out and learn from a couple of the best! There will be other qualified & talented instructors on hand ready to help us out.

So don't hesitate, come out and have a great time!

Thanks for everyone who is already signed up and supporting the event.

Thank you to all of our sponsors that allows us to put this event together: 10/10ths, Forgeline Wheels, Royal Purple, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Bowler Performance Transmissions, PCS, Carbon Kustoms, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Spectre, Magnaflow, Ridetech & Baer Brakes!

tazzz25906112
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm coming down with three cars likely buddy,,,see you then.

tommycomfort
08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm coming down with three cars likely buddy,,,see you then.

If Albert is coming, it's going to be a good time for sure!
Tom

Mike Norris
08-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey All,

I will be at Putnam Park on Saturday, but will not be able to make it out to IL for Sunday.

If anyone needs some tuning help or just wants me to take a look at anything Saturday, be sure to hunt me down or call me. If you want to be sure to nail down some time I would say it will be best to get ahold of me before hand.

One other thing, if you want to get an actual tune on the dyno and want to come by my shop in Indy one day the week before we can set that up also.

See y'all out there.

Mike Norris

wneal
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
I am getting excited about this event and we will have some great cars. I am working with some folks to put together the best schedule for the Saturday track day. We will have some Non Muscle cars at the event but they will be in their own group. What this does do is bring a lot of track day experience to the event.
Don't hesitate to talk to other drivers in the paddock as they can no doubt share a lot of good experience.

We will be assigning the run groups as we get closer to the event. I will email the final track day event information to everyone a few days before the event.

Our overall intent is to keep this event alive and kicking for this year and then immediately start working on a bigger and better event for next year.

Sign up on line to make sure we get your information etc. as I send out for custom name tags etc. The cutoff to get one with your name on it is the Monday evening before the event. I send the order and usually get them back on thurs afternoon. I will have blanks though for those that cannot sign up in time before this cutoff.
Signing up early also allows us to judge our need for instructors.

We will be doing some cool video stuff and will pick out some of your cars to put a go-pro camera on as well.

I will provide water and gatoraid for all the drivers at the event and this will be available at the 10/10ths trailer all day long on Saturday.

Looking forward to it and see you in a couple of weeks

69lt4
08-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Just signed up. Look forward to running and getting some instruction from 10/10ths and others.

Where are people staying Saturday night?

Thanks,
Kevin Bird
69 camaro

Bow Tie 67
08-22-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm in, I put run group as instructor which now I realize was incorrect. I should be in advanced.... but would like some instruction to learn the track if possible.

Matt

MarkB
08-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Matt,

We will be setting up the run groups next week, so we can fix where you have registered. No problem. Thanks for signing up and supporting the event. I look forward to seeing everyone there. It looks like we are going to have a great turn out!

Thanks,

Mark

MarkB
08-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Hey guys I wanted to first of all thank everyone who is already signed up and and those who are coming to run the 2nd annaul MMC event.

We are getting excited about this event and there is already several great cars signed up.

As we all know we had a threat of loosing this event, but due to so many requests we have brought the event back. This was very tough to do, this late in the year, all of us companies budgets are spent and most all weekends are taken up with events already. So we worked with 10/10ths to grab one of their event dates to secure the Putnam track. Unfortanetly we landed on a holiday weekend and on top of Good Guys, Kansas and between a couple other events. But we have done just as we promised and the event is alive.

We were very fortunate to have Forgeline Wheels, Royal Purple, O'Reilly Auto Parts, 10/10ths Motorsports, Speed by Spectre, Carbon Kustoms, Powertrain Control Solutions, Detroit Speed & Engineering, BFGoodrich Tires, Bowler Performance Transmissions, Phantom Products and Baer Brakes all pull together to do what they could to support this event.

We will have goodies to raffle off from: Royal Purple, Forgeline, Detroit Speed, Spectre, BFGoodrich Tires, Ridetech, Phantom Products, Baer Brakes, PCS and Bowler Performance Transmissions.

We will have sponsor pick awards along with top awards for Best Autocross time, Road course time, Speed stop time & the overall winner of the event. * These awards are only for the Musclecar segment of the event and all vehicles participanting must meet the MMC rules that can be found here: http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=20

Keep in mind to save this event we have had to alter what some of us may remember last year. We will have some Non Muscle cars at the event but they will be in their own group. As Bill Neal said "What this does do is bring a lot of track day experience to the event. Don't hesitate to talk to other drivers in the paddock as they can no doubt share a lot of good experience."

Now for the tire rating, I have had many people ask if they can come and run the event and not worry about the tire rating. I have made it clear to the ones who has requested this, we will allow you to run and enjoy the weekend, however we will not allow you to win any segment of the event. There is a rule in place for the MMC event since the beginning, which is for 200 tread wear or greater tires. We are still enforcing this rule for anyone who is competing. I am sorry for any confusion and I noticed that on 10/10ths web site it states 180, which I will take full blame for. But this is going will be changed. Anyone who is running and competing will be held to the same rules. Now with that said, if you are running a 180 tread wear and have already talked to me about this, you will be allowed to run you will get your money worth at the event, I can promise you this, but as I made clear you will not be allowed to win the event. This is an unfair advantage to the participants that are abiding by the rules that we have set in place.

I just wanted to clarify the rules for this event and the confusion of seeing this event being opened up to other vehicles or vehicles that may have a different tread wear rating.

We are trying are best to put together an event that everyone will enjoy and become educated. 10/10ths is going to put every effort in making us all more comfortable with our cars on a road course. To me this is the value in this event.

Thank you for the support and understanding. We will have better planning and preparation for 2012 and will try and avoid adding any confusion to the event.

Thanks,

Mark Bowler

Jim Nilsen
08-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I just signed up. I will be running 180tw tires unless someone wants to buy me some new ones,LOL. I know I can't win anything but fun and knowing I can run with everyone. I look forward to seeing where I place in the list of great cars and drivers. So remember, if I pass you it doesn't count or does it? LOL.

With some luck and determination I will have my high rpm miss fixed, damn igniton problem is what it has come down to but it didn't stop me at the Heidt's Muscle Car Challenge from placing 18th overall and 13th on the track. I had sooooo much fun running with everyone and seeing what the Cormaro could do as is and who would have ever thought I would have done so well?

Can't wait to see you all there!!!!!

MarkB
08-27-2011, 08:05 PM
We are still getting people registered, but I thought I would post a link to the most recent update of people on the list as of Friday. I have also listed a few of the instructors that will be available for Saturday at the Road Course. Here is the link to the roster http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=508

There are still spots available, so don't hesitate. Sign up before August 31st to get the discounted rate of $225, which is for both days. If you can't make Saturday and would like to just run the Autocross on Sunday, please feel free to do so. Registration is at 8am at the Mid-American Air Center in Lawrenceville, IL. The cost for Sunday only is $100.00.

Now for the Saturday night Carbon Kustoms Cruise, we will leave Putnam Park at 6:00 PM EST. Any one is welcome to join this section of the event, it is free to all that attend. Now this year, we do not have a set destination. Sorry, no BBQ dinner at the park. We have a few options, so I would like some opinions please.

Option 1 - Stop at Lyon's Raceway Park and watch the VP Quick 32 Drag Races

Option 2 - Stop at Red Hill State Park and attend the Free Rock Concert & Free Hot Dogs,
the Band is a Rock Band from California called Turning Point (70's Rock Music)

Opiton 3 - Gather at the Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn and just relax and hang out

Option 4 - Try and arrange a group that would like to go to dinner in Vincennes, IN
(where the hotels are) and eat and mingle.

Option 5- Go to Bowler Transmission Shop and help me build transmissions to get caught
up : )

Option 6 - Everyone fend for themselfs, once into Vincennes, IN

Let me know what everyone feels on the cruise and I will see if I can make any arrangments

Thanks again for everyone who is supporting this event. I was nervous trying to keep it alive this late in the game. But I am thankful that I did, it looks like we are going to have a great turnout and the weather looks as it is going to be good the whole weekend!

Thanks,
Mark Bowler

shmoov69
08-27-2011, 09:42 PM
My thoughts:
4. We all gotta eat, and it would be better to be able to go as a group to hang out (although a PITA to coordinate!).
1. Sounds like fun, but I'd prolly stay out late till they shut down and be dead the next day!
3. We are going to do that anyway! LOL

I got the car together finally, just need o put a few more miles on it this week to make sure it will go and not blow!

Bad94
08-28-2011, 05:01 AM
Mark, i think #5 is only if anyone kills a tranny at putnam park.

Bow Tie 67
08-28-2011, 05:17 AM
I vote for #4

tommycomfort
08-28-2011, 07:17 AM
3 Or 4 sound good to me, but 5 is always an option... We could throw our beat up grill in the wagon and do dogs and burgers in the comfort suites parking lot. We should also have plenty of chocolate chip cookies to go around since Kaytlin is coming along.

Jim Nilsen
08-28-2011, 06:30 PM
4 sounds good to me and then slide into 3 afterward, I haven't been to an event yet where we didn't make the parking lot our playground until 10 or 11 pm.

tazzz25906112
08-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Mark I'm thinking the gang will need a good meal/BBQ after running all day Saturday buddy so I guess it'll be the Carbon Kustoms Cruise & BBQ,,,, call me Monday and we'll work out the details as I've been known to jump behind a grill or two in my day (with a smile) bud.... That is if you haven't otherwise committed to something else of course.....

Sorry Mark thought I was typing in a pm and posted pal,,,, don't I feel like the fool already....

MarkB
08-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Albert,

Thanks for the call this morning, and no worries on the post. I don't think anyone is going to complain. :)

Well guys it's settled, no more options to worry about. Carbon Kustoms has come through once again and is going to be working the grill hard on Saturday night. So after our 99 mile Carbon Kustoms cruise, we will all meet and be fed by our well known and famous chef, Albert.

Thank you Albert for your generosity and for all that you do for our industry. We appreciate your support and look forward to a relaxing cruise, food & great people Saturday evening!

It's Official the Carbon Kustoms Cruise & Feast is set for Saturday Sept. 3rd. Thank you!

tommycomfort
08-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Woohoo! We are certainly looking forward to Albert's cooking!

shmoov69
08-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Awesome! You the man Albert!! Look forward to meeting you!

JEFFTATE
08-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Is the event sold out yet ??

RAFTRACER
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Is the event sold out yet ??

No.....Bring it !!!!:twothumbs

MarkB
08-30-2011, 03:59 AM
We are still registering vehicles, so no we are not sold out. Jeff I encourge you to bring your car and have a great time. You have two more days to get signed up at the discounted rate. We are really requesting anyone who feels they are going to come to get signed up now as we are limited on instructors. We will do the best we can and we will alternate sessions with instructors if needed.

Thank you for everyone who is already signed up. The event is going to be a great one!

shmoov69
08-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Mark, I think I am going to be able to make it. I just put my axles back in!
I sent an email to Bill this am to see how I should sign up since I have that 10/10ths gift certificate from earlier in the year. Let me know if you hear something before I do.
Thanks!
Jimmy

JEFFTATE
08-31-2011, 07:00 AM
No.....Bring it !!!!:twothumbs

Ok , I'm signed up !!!
See you guys Saturday Morning !!!
I'll be driving in Saturday morning non-stop !!

I was gonna bring the Camaro ,
But I'm bringing the Z06 instead . I just can't resist putting it on the track at Putnam .

Bill Neal or Mark Bowler , I accidentally clicked on Intermediate Group , but I should be in Novice , maybe I think .
I've driven the snot out of the old Camaro on roadcourses , but never done it in the Vette .
I don't want to slow down the faster group .

Lil john
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
hey everyone will be there and I am bringing my projector, movie requests? cheese balls and snow caps provided.

Jim Nilsen
09-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Ok , I'm signed up !!!
See you guys Saturday Morning !!!
I'll be driving in Saturday morning non-stop !!

But I'm bringing the Z06 instead . I just can't resist putting it on the track at Putnam .

Bill Neal or Mark Bowler , I accidentally clicked on Intermediate Group , but I should be in Novice , maybe I think .
I've driven the snot out of the old Camaro on roadcourses , but never done it in the Vette .
I don't want to slow down the faster group .

It will be great to see you Jeff, it has been a long time.

The Vette will be a lot of fun , but I hope you didn't bring the Vette just to keep from slowing us down in the Camaro, I am not bringing the Vibe,LOL. Just couldn't resist that , the MSC that year was so much fun and I was just glad to be alive.
I have finally got the Cormaro running good and it shouldn't be slowing anyone down including your Vette.

Have a safe trip and see ya there!!!

Jim Nilsen
09-01-2011, 07:09 AM
hey everyone will be there and I am bringing my projector, movie requests? cheese balls and snow caps provided.

Just bring something with cars,women and more cars and women,LOL.

tommycomfort
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Deb's now in for both days in the wagon! My sneaky plan to have to build a new motor over the winter....

shmoov69
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Lil John, Deuce Of Spades is a killer movie!

Or Spaceballs!! LOL

And Tom, if you want to find the next thing that you need to fix on the car, just let me drive it!! I'm really good at finding the next part that is going to fail!! LOL!

tommycomfort
09-01-2011, 06:00 PM
And Tom, if you want to find the next thing that you need to fix on the car, just let me drive it!! I'm really good at finding the next part that is going to fail!! LOL!

Jimmy, believe me, we've been doing pretty darn good at finding our weak links over the past two years.

tazzz25906112
09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Ha just got home from the last day thrash (started at 8am with no front clip) and I'm done,,,, both me and the car.... A quick drive up to get the trailer in the morning,,,, wash the TA load it and the Blue Camaro and we're off to have some fun...
We likely roll in around 1am in the morning.....

Bow Tie 67
09-02-2011, 02:22 AM
Cant sleep, leaving in 4 1/2 hours, lets see pack suitcase, car and aspirin. See everyone soon.

tommycomfort
09-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Well, I have to admit, only living 45 minutes from putnam park has it's advantages. We wrapped up prepping the 66 yesterday, but still have to do a complete bolt check of the wagon. If anyone needs shop space today just let me know. Tom 317 502 7460

shmoov69
09-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Tom, can you deliver that shop spacE to southwest Missouri?!?! LOL.
See you all in a few hours!!

Jim Nilsen
09-02-2011, 05:14 AM
It's off to the races!!!!!

Pickin up the drive with Matt and Darrin, see ya all soon.

wneal
09-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Welp,
the car is in the trailer, all the current registration packets are done, radios, stop watches, plenty of cool drinks and all the other "stuff" that I pack my trailer with is ready.

I want to thank everyone in advance for coming out to the 2011 MWMCC.
It looks like we have a great bunch of drivers, sponsors and guests coming out.

Mark, Danny and I have tried to think of everything but I am sure there will be something we forgot.

I can tell you this though, you will have a great time, you WILL get faster and most likely meet some new friends.

I hope to meet everyone personally at the event.
Thanks and have a safe trip to the track

Bill

MarkB
09-02-2011, 09:06 AM
I want to thank everyone again for all of the support. I am still working on my end to get things ready for Saturday night and Sunday here in Lawrenceville, IL. I forget how much work it takes, but I have a good family and group that is helping me out. I do not regret keeping this event alive. I am hoping to make it the to the hotel before 6pm....

I wanted to let everyone know that we have a change in plans for Saturday night. But for the better. After the Carbon Kustoms 99 mile cruise to Lawrenceville, IL we will meet at the Lawrenceville City Park for what our Mayor is calling Musclecars in the Park. Starting at 7PM CST. The Mayor is arranging, tables, lights, tent, food vendors & entertainment. It will be from 7pm - 10pm and of course the Carbon Kustoms Feast for all registered participants. Our own Pro-Touring Chef, Albert will be cooking steaks and chops for all of us after our relaxing cruise to Lawrenceville.

I am thankful to see how our city is supporting the event and for what they are doing for us.

Thank you for everyone that is supporting this event.

Please drive safe and we will see everyone at the hotel tonight or at the track in the morning. For all of those who is coming in tonight, Bill Neal, Casey, Jessi & I will be doing some of the pre-registration from 5pm - 9pm and Bill is supplying pizza.

Thank you to all of our supporters and sponsors:
10/10ths Motorsports, Royal Purple, O'Reilly Auto Parts, PCS, Carbon Kustoms, Speed by Spectre, Detroit Speed, Phantom-Products, BFGoodrich Tires, Forgeline Wheels, Baer Brakes & Bowler Performance Transmissions.

dunnjun
09-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Wow! That's really nice of the Mayor, and the city of Lawrenceville, and of course you and Albert! I'm staying in Vincennes, so I'll see everyone tomorrow. Hope I manage to get some sleep. I keep reading the Putnam Park race track turn by turn suggestions, and I'm all fired up! :-) Thanks for everyone's work to keep MMCC alive! This is a great event!

ndians68
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
i just wanted to say, we went by the park earlier and saw all of the pt cars out there, there were some great looking cars out there, and welcome to our little town, sadly i wont get out there to watch this year due to family comming in for the long weekend, but i hope you have great time out at the autocross, and hopefully ill get to watch next year

wneal
09-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Thank You to everyone who came out to Putnam Park on Saturday !!!
What a great bunch of drivers and cars, as well as the sponsors and guests.

99F heat made for a few difficulties but everyone seemed to overcome it.

A special thanks to Mark Bowler for allowing me to assist with the event and also to Bill Howell for busting his ass on the timing end of things. The timing could have gone a bit smoother but we have some great lessons learned to expand on for the next one.

Everyone is always welcome at any 10/10ths event!!

Thanks again and I hope everyone enjoyed Saturday and hope Sunday is a blast as well.

Bill

wneal
09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Photos from the Sept 3rd MidWest Muscle Car Challenge

LINK (http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/1010ths/MidWest%20Muscle%20Car%20Challenge/)

Click on individual photos to enlarge and then you can right clik to "save as"

Thanks Everyone for coming out

MarkB
09-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Well the 2nd annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge is officially complete. I feel this was a huge success! Yesterday at Putnam Park was great! The mix of cars was awesome. I cannot thank Bill Neal and his crew from 10/10ths enough. They run a first class act and I am so pleased that we teamed up with them to keep this event going. The instructors, were so knowledgeable and worked with everyone to ensure that we all got the best out of our time on track. Danny Popp and Bill Neal were a great team and made everything happen. The timing side, was a slight bottleneck but we got through it and I cannot thank Bill Howell, his daughter & son-in-law enough for bringing his timing equipment and helping us get through this portion of the event. We learned that transponders will be in our future and will make everything flow much better. I appreciate everyone’s patience through this section. The Spectre crew, Brandy, Lisa and Steve were awesome and did a great job on getting the fastest straight away speeds. Spectre was on board to present 3 trophies, Top Speed on the straight away for both the novice and intermediate group and for their Top Speed Challenge section that was held during the Baer Brake Speed Stop Challenge on the 2nd day. Thank you Spectre! Forgeline wheels sponsored the Fastest Lap Time section of the event and we cannot thank them enough.
We left Putnam Park around 5pm and headed out on the Carbon Kustoms 99 Mile cruise. We cruised to Lawrenceville, IL to the City Park. This is where the Mayor had a great layout for us, we had live entertainment by Ronnie Lee, which was great, then we had our Chef Albert cooking his heart out, there was more Steaks & Chops than one could imagine. Of course as if that wasn't enough, Albert went all out... We had fresh made salad, tomatoes and cheese, breads, Debbie Farrington's famous cookies and more. It was pretty impressive to see. The whole group pulled together, we were washing fresh vegetables, slicing, dicing and preparing an amazing meal. Thank you for everyone stepping in and helping out. The dinner was amazing! Thank you Albert / Carbon Kustoms for the support! We even had sand volleyball going on, which somehow I ended up on the course.... It was a great time.
Sunday morning was off to a slight delay due to some early morning rain, but we got the track dried and was off playing on the Royal Purple / Bowler Performance Transmission Street Challenge Autocross and Baer Brake Speed Stop Challenge in no time. The morning session went well with everyone getting plenty of lap times and runs on the speed stop track. We stopped for a BBQ lunch brake that was sponsored by Bowler & Royal Purple. During the lunch break we picked a few random winners for some door prizes which went well. Then it was back to a full afternoon of racing! The afternoon session went so smoothly, and everyone was just beating on their cars. One thing we seem to always accomplish is getting you as much time on the course as you can handle. And I feel we did it once again. We ended with a nice award ceremony with some great trophies and door prizes. I feel that the random drawings for the large door prizes went really well, as I seen many smiles on faces as they one everything from BFGoodrich tires, gift certificates from: Detroit Speed, Speed by Spectre, Phantom-Products, Royal Purple, Powertrain Control Solutions, Forgeline, Baer Brakes, 10/10ths & Bowler. The door prizes were amazing and I can not thank the sponsors enough.

Thank you to everyone who came out to this event and made it a success. I really appreciate the support and for all the encouraging words throughout the weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and has a safe trip home and a happy Labor Day.

I really appeciate the help from my wife, Jessi, my staff and my family.

Thank you to our sponsors:
Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, Spectre Performance, BFGoodrich Tires, PCS, 10/10ths Motorsports, Phantom-Products, Baer Brakes, Detroit Speed & Engineering, Tracy Electric, Carbon Kustoms & Bowler Performance Transmissions.

Results will be posted soon.

shmoov69
09-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Just got home...3:21am!! Whew!! Long week!

Mark and Bill, thank you for getting it all together and all the work you put into it, sorry you didn't get to enjoy it as much as the rest of us because you guys were always so busy! LOL. THANK YOU!
To the sponsors, thank you all for helping in all the ways that you did and for everything that was "put into" the event. I'm sure I can speak for everyone and say that it was MUCH appreciated.

I had three goals for the weekend, but only achieved one...
1. Don't get hurt.......Got that one!
2. Bring the car home unhurt......Didnt get that one, since I have water in #7 cylinder! Dooh!!! I'll know soon if it is a head gasket, a head or other! Hopefully just a gasket.
3. Win the top speed challenge (novice at least!)....Didn't get that one either since the radar was only on the last session after I broke. Oh well, the bigger turbos did do better than last year and it was 118 then. I will have to return to try again next year, and hopefully attain my goals....all of em! LOL.

I had a great time anyway and look forward to doing it again. Hopefully the next time I will be able to be running to the end of the event! Anyone on the fence about going to this event, DO IT!! it is awesome!

Jim Nilsen
09-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Photos from the Sept 3rd MidWest Muscle Car Challenge

LINK (http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/1010ths/MidWest%20Muscle%20Car%20Challenge/)

Click on individual photos to enlarge and then you can right clik to "save as"

Thanks Everyone for coming out

Those are the most awsome pics !!!!!!
Thankyou for the great event and I can't thank the grid and corner workers enough for the way they treated us all and the hard work they did. The way passing is allowed by the driver in the intermediate and advanced groups made it so much faster and more like racing than any other place. I came home a better driver for sure.

Thanks again

Bad94
09-05-2011, 06:42 AM
All i can say is WOW, i had a blast.

Saturday i got to beat the living sh*t out the car.

Sunday. well that didnt start off to good, Car wouldnt run, but after finding out my cap was junk, mark bolwer went to his shop and took the cap off of his camaro, thank you again. Then the carb was leaking fuel, and i was ready to just load the car back on the trailer and jimmy(with the red turbo camaro) talked my brother and i into fixing the carb. Thank you again.

So after fixing the carb, i got to run the auto x. And WOW, the car is so much different with the new spindle set up and coil overs. Bret, i wish you could have been there sunday.

Then after getting the Forgeline pick, and gift card to forgeline. I cant believe i got this award. Thanks you to the Forgeline guys.

Once again Thank you to everyone that helped to put this together. I know i cant list everyones name cause i will forget a few.

tommycomfort
09-05-2011, 03:27 PM
We can't thank the organizers and sponsors of this event enough, but Mark Bowler and Bill Neal really went over the top. Beating on our cars and hanging out with great people is absolutely priceless. The heat tried to get the best of us and our cars on Saturday, but we prevailed and by the time we made it ten minutes down the road coolant, oil and body temperatures were normal and all was well. Sunday was an all out auto-x and speed stop marathon. Every time we attend a Bowler event at Lawrenceville we are blown away at how well the local SCCA guys run things and the amount of runs we get. We can't wait for next year!

Jim Nilsen
09-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I had a blast meeting everyone new and can't thank everyone who made it possible enough. The steaks were so good Albert and all the extras, you make the vents all that they can be and more.
Mark Bowler, thankyou for the way you have adapted to the way an event can be run, you have made a few changes that make it possible for anyone who come to play have a chance to be a winner. The awards were awesome looking and the time we all had to beat on our cars was more than enough for me. The spirit in which these events are run make them a pleasure for all who attend.

Here is some video footage of the track, sorry for the shake of the camera I will be using the left side mounting spot for it so it doesn't do that again.
the 2nd session was a lot better. I got my first time off track and it was an experience that got me a bit excited.

Don't fall asleep.lol.

8M8dVmz_1x4
s2lmItDm2F8
weCRsushjHU
LnBlEqIZBao

jermsjunk
09-05-2011, 06:37 PM
It looks like this was a great time for everyone. I was a spectator/cruise participant last year and vowed to make it by the 2012 event. I thought the event was dead and couldnt be happier that it still lives! These pics and videos are my inspiration to get to the garage and get it done and sorted by next year. Is it too early to ask if MMC-III a go for 2012?

RomsMotors
09-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Looks like everyone had a goodtime at the Midwest Musclecar Challenge. Wish I was able to make it down there, but I'll will be at RTTH

shmoov69
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Then the carb was leaking fuel, and i was ready to just load the car back on the trailer and jimmy(with the red turbo camaro) talked my brother and i into fixing the carb. Thank you again.
No problem man, glad I had the part in my bucket of carb crap that you could use! THAT in my opinion is what these kind of events should be, having fun and helping eachother out when needed. Because I'm here to say, we ALL need it sometime or another! Also glad that you went ahead and fixed it, it was way too far from home to quit on an "easy one"!! LOL.

MarkB
09-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Well Jessi and I got all of the results in order and posted on the MMC website. So please take the time to go check it out. And be sure and Congratulate all of this years winners.

Thank you agian for everyone who came out and supported the event. We couldn't of made it happen with out all of the participants and sponsors!

2nd Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge Results (http://www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com/?page_id=591)

JEFFTATE
09-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Thanks for getting these posted up Mark !

I printed them all , they're going in my scrapbook .

HectorM52
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Jeff, I was really impressed at the times you were putting down in the old Camaro. Was wondering when you had time to go LS!!??!!!

Then I read this little tidbit of info! You had me fooled, shame on you!! :)

JEFFTATE
09-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Jeff, I was really impressed at the times you were putting down in the old Camaro. Was wondering when you had time to go LS!!??!!!

Then I read this little tidbit of info! You had me fooled, shame on you!! :)

LOL !!
I wish the Camaro was that fast !!
LS will come later for the Camaro ..
I was being careful in the Vette .
It could be a lot quicker in the hands of a really good driver .