PDA

View Full Version : new to knoxville

Hunter68
06-29-2011, 06:21 PM
hey guys I just moved to knoxville tennessee today and i dont know the local scene or what there is to do over here and was wondering if anyone was from around here. i came from san diego and went to all the local car shows are there any that are weekly here or possible arrange a meet up??

Poorhousenext
07-09-2011, 09:49 AM
hey guys I just moved to knoxville tennessee today and i dont know the local scene or what there is to do over here and was wondering if anyone was from around here. i came from san diego and went to all the local car shows are there any that are weekly here or possible arrange a meet up??

Hunter68,

Don't know the local Knoxville car scene, but there are some showes coming up in your area.

I live in Chattanooga, TN area and have a car in work in Knoxville right now. I'll try to rememer to ask around about local events when I'm up there next Friday, and post what I find.

http://www.somernitescruise.com/pc/pcknox.html

Knoxville, the 2011 Somernites Power Cruise is coming soon! July 23rd is the date you need to remember. Last year we had a great time in Knoxville and with your help, this year will be even better! Performance Products will once again be the sponsor for the Friday night Cruise-In with the help of the Clinton Cruisers Car Club. Food, music and door prizes are just the start of the fun at the Joe Neubert Collision Center!2011 Somernites Power Cruise is coming soon! July 23rd is the date you need to remember. Last year we had a great time in Knoxville and with your help, this year will be even better! Performance Products will once again be the sponsor for the Friday night Cruise-In with the help of the Clinton Cruisers Car Club. Food, music and door prizes are just the start of the fun at the Joe Neubert Collision Center.

Shades of the Pigeon Forge, TN Sept 9-11

Run Thru The Hills Sept 23-25 see link below.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?81198-Run-Thru-The-Hills-VII-registration-is-now-open!

Seems to be a Rod Run of some type in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN and Cherokee, NC area every weekend of some type. Your in Street Rod Country

Super Chevy show in Bristol, TN Sept 23-25.

FULMNTE
07-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I lived in Knoxville for 10 years. Not much going on in terms of cruise-ins etc.
There are huge car shows in Pigeon Forge each year, though

Here in Chicago I could go to a cruise-in within 10 miles from me every night...

Hunter68
07-10-2011, 07:05 PM
ya ive found a couple and keisler is literally right across the street i found out last night which i think is cool, im going to go to the local shops and ask around and hopefully get in some good graces with some people who know what they are doing because im still learining and i cant make it to chattanooga unfortunately pretty low gears and a turbo 350 isnt good for a 2 hour drive lol. And i have heard of the pigeon forge ones i plan on going to that

rustomatic
07-10-2011, 07:15 PM
What's weird is that people ski near there...

Hunter68
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
really? that is pretty weird but kinda cool to know im by snow

Slick68
09-07-2011, 06:51 AM
What's weird is that people ski near there...

really? that is pretty weird but kinda cool to know im by snow

Well at Ober Gatlinburg, it's mostly fake snow. lol NC and Virginia is where some better slopes with real snow tend to be. I could be more specific if I actually skiied or snowbaorded.

Hunter, hopefully we can meet up in Pigeon Forge this weekend. There's usually something going on every weekend around east TN. I'm usually in Knoxville on a regular basis, so maybe we can meet up at some shows or cruise-ins more often.

You haven't mentioned if you've found any rod shops yet, so I'll mention a couple. There's The Hot Rod Barn on Broadway and Performance Products on Callahan Drive. The Hot Rod Barn tends to be more drag racing oriented but they can still get about anything you want. Performance Products has pretty much a full line of anything custom. That's actually where I spend more of my time and money.

Hunter68
09-11-2011, 06:29 PM
ya i saw you pulling out and driving around yesterday i looked for you during the show but it was pretty massive for me, but ya id love to meet up go to some shows or something i only really know of one in maryville on fridays by 411. i was able to check out those two stores earlier and i really like performance products. i just found some brake issues today and ordering parts tomorrow im praying i can be ready for this weekends meet up and be able to go on the dragon run, but if i can make it out in my car id like to maybe meet up and cruise out.

Slick68
09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah, too bad we couldn't catch up and meet. I never even made it to the church to park, and none of my buddies I normally hang out with made it out for some reason, so I just drove around and chatted with some friends from other message boards I'm a member of. :)

Hopefully we can meet at the Grand this weekend, and even meet at the RTTH event the weekend after if I get to make it.

Hunter68
09-12-2011, 03:32 PM
ya i plan on going to rtth and the dragon run and all that i cant wait! hope to see you there!

ERK
09-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Where are you at from Keislers? I live just off Wildwood Rd. I cruise around in this gosh awful looking 55. There is a little cruise-in right behind Wendys in Seymour on sat nights also. I will try to meet up with you at RTTH and say HI.

Hunter68
09-13-2011, 01:47 PM
its like 5 minutes away, i did see that sign on wendeys but havent been yet went to the rod runs last weekend and then rtth's this weekend so ill probley go in 2 weeks but ya post your car and ill look out for you!

ERK
09-14-2011, 01:53 AM
this weekend is the grand run in pigeon forge and the redneck rumble in lebanon. next weekend is rtth and somernites cruise in somerset,ky. october 1st is the drag bash at 411 dragway.

ProTouring442
07-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I know it's an old thread... I'm in Lenoir City, just south of Knoxville.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill