PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here: 1969 Camaro convertible LS-2 6.0 TT, 1970 Chevelle SS

KWKRAG9
06-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Brand new to the site and I really like what I see here. You guys really know how to build them..
I am not completely pro touring yet, but getting there. My Chevelle I have had since high school, and been slowly but surely getting it the way I want. My latest time and money has gone into my 69 Camaro convertible. I did a 06' LS-2 with T-56 6spd from a GTO and decided to put turbos on it. It has been a hair pulling project, but it is finally on the road and it was worth it. I made all the brackets out of cardboard (I have a box of cardboard templates to show for it) and had Ray's Welding in Waukegan Il, make them up for me. I was able to move the original console w/gauges back about 4 inches, and it looks factory. We sectioned a Hummer oil pan to shorten it from hanging to low, did the exhaust manifold flip, rock auto fuel tank, Speartech modified the original wiring harness, Heidt's subframe connectors, factory Grand National turbos(used but working for now), Jim from Speed Inc did the computer and planning to go for a dyno tune in a week or so. Next will be wheels, rear disc brakes, and possibly some different seats....

John Wright
06-29-2011, 04:46 AM
Nice camaro....let's see this TT Chevelle too when you get a chance to post up some more pics.

KWKRAG9
06-29-2011, 05:04 AM
The Chevelle is a 496, full roller, Dart head naturally aspirated motor. The Camaro is the turbo car, not to say that I wouldn't switch to a turbocharged set-up in the Chevelle. I would have to sell everything else I own, and would probably end up divorced.... :)

John Wright
06-29-2011, 05:12 AM
not to say that I wouldn't switch to a turbocharged set-up in the Chevelle. I would have to sell everything else I own, and would probably end up divorced.... :)LOL...I understand completely. Sorry about the confusion, I probably just read the post too quickly....BTW, nice Chevelle too.
Hmmm, Two muscle cars....envious...LOL