PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here. I love cars and I'm here to learn

Anti Asparagus Anomaly
06-27-2011, 08:28 PM
My name's Andrew, and I'm actually only in high school. It might be a little bit early to think about, but I really want a career in the automotive field and I'd like to learn as much here as I can before I get my car. I really like older cars, and I'll pretty much just be stalking everyone's project until I get my car :)

79-TA
06-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the site, AAA. Good luck on saving for and finding a car.

Off Duty
06-30-2011, 04:45 AM
My name's Andrew, and I'm actually only in high school. It might be a little bit early to think about, but I really want a career in the automotive field and I'd like to learn as much here as I can before I get my car. I really like older cars, and I'll pretty much just be stalking everyone's project until I get my car :)

Andrew,

Welcome aboard sir.
You'll find a lot of very informative and knowledgeable people here, always ready to help.

Search the forum for the various projects, read and follow the builds. You'll learn a lot about the builds and the business end of these things.
And you'll probably be able to avoid some of the pitfalls of others when you're ready to start your own build.

BTW my young friend, it's never to early to start thinking about your future;)

If you have questions, ask.
Yeah, you "might" get a few smart ass remarks, but they're all in fun :)
What you "will" get, is sound, professional advise!

There are several professional custom builders here as well. Pick their brains, and again, follow their builds.
They're a wealth of information.

Welcome aboard and enjoy!

John Wright
06-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Always glad to have people that are willing to learn. Always be willing to learn. You will find that the more you learn about all of this car stuff, the more you figure out just how little you really know...wierd how that works, but it is very humbling. Large knowledge base in this forum...and there are some seriously talented folks in here.

pw2006
06-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Welcome aboard Andrew! I was just talking with my dad this weekend about my first car (71 Nova). I bought it when I was 13 and he gave me a book on how to rebuild small block chevys. He made me do all of the work and would "consult" when I ran into issues. Great memories with my dad, high school and cars.

Anti Asparagus Anomaly
06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks to everyone:) so far I really only have enough in my account for a car itself, but finding a Job for a high school kid is kind of hard. Hopefully next summer the economy will be better for finding a job. In the meantime I guess I'll just have to have patience and learn from anyone else here beforehand.