PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Ohio.

klep2024
06-25-2011, 09:37 PM
What's going on guys? Let me start by saying the cars showcased on this site are what wet dreams are made of! I've been lurking around the site for awhile now just doing research and looking at the amazing builds that people have been doing. But now might be my chance to finally have one of my own. I'm getting ready to wrap up 8 years in the Navy with a year long deployment to Guantanamo Bay in August. Kind of a crappy way to end it but if i pinch my pennies hard enough i should be coming back with about 50-60k in the bank. What better way to end 8 years of military service then to buy my dream car right?

Now on to the question that hopefully doesn't get me laughed out of here. Is it possible to build a 69 Camaro with a LSX/T56 combo with that kinda budget? I know i won't be rocking a DSE hydroformed subframe and LS7 with that kinda money, but am i anywhere close? Would something like below be outta the question to be built in that price range?

69' Camaro
LQ4 or LQ9/T56 combo
DSE 4 link w/coils maybe a 9" rear
Speed Tech's pro touring front suspension kit
coven dash insert w/ autometer gauges
18x8/18x10 Fikse or Forgeline's

Any insight on who builds cars in that price range or even anyone to tell me I'm dreaming would be appreciated. Thanks!