PDA

View Full Version : looking for part numbers

kman67rsss
06-21-2005, 06:28 PM
after looking through the forum i see that a lot of people reccomend the mcleod clutches. im looking for a pn for a clutch to put behind my BBC with 500-550 hp. i ripped my tranny out tonight because the shifter linkage froze up and i traced it back to the clutch fork falling off the piviot ball. anyways im gonna replace the damn thing cause it has gotten oil soaked from a leak i can now fix. any suggestions. thanks. by the way i have a TKO 600, and its a street/strip car. thanks

Hurst - Jeff
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
The McLeod dual performance clutch would be best for the application you describe. It will handle up to 600HP on a carburatted car (500HP with blower or NOS). It is an oversized clutch - the larger clucth is actually 12" in diameter but fits an 11" bolt pattern;168 tooth flywheel. Pedal feel is like stock. Assuming you have a 168 tooth flywheel t hepart #'s you needs are disc - 260873, press plate - 360820.
These parts will only work as a set - the disc will not work with other pressure plates.
If it makes a difference, this is the same set up I run in both of my cars with TKO's installed. Red Roberts, owner of McLeod, uses the same set up in his personal car.

kman67rsss
06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
ok thanks