PDA

View Full Version : Police Tribute car

MIGOAT
06-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Yesterday I attended a fallen Officer memorial for Warren "Sneak" Lewis he was a great man and a real pleasure to work with. He was currently assigned to our county and the Eastern US Marshal task force. Sneak was shot multiple times when approached the front door in attempt to serve a warrant on a murder suspect. Over a thousand attended and several hundred Officers honored our fallen hero.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9720530/

He will always be remembered and may God bless him and his family.
I'm writing this in project update because I've made a commitment to change my project and am wishing for new ideas to help begin a new Tribute car to honor Police. As many of you know I'm a Police Officer here in NC and I'm extremely frustrated with the number of deaths the LEO family has had in 2011. Currently we have lost 85 officers of these 35 have been gunned down. That's a 25% increase from last year.

If you guys can help with project ideas I'm all ears.

lightninjack
06-14-2011, 10:58 PM
my daughter in laws brother was killed in the line of duty in march... Officer Andrew Dunn of Sandusky Ohio PD... i for one will watch closely your progress on this worthy project
jack

Ron.in.SoCal
06-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Props for the heartfelt tribute. I hope your project goes as planned!

73chally
06-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I will look for his name next year in D.C. .. I too will follow your progress. Stay safe.

1968CamaroSS_Sam
06-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry about the loss, and I am very interested in this thread also. I think it is a great way to tribute those that work so hard to keep the rest of us safe. God Bless.

MIGOAT
06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I contacted the National Police Memorial Fund and they are going to be calling me soon to help discuss the project as they do have a few things they do with NASCAR and I would love to bring attention to their fund. I also called WHELEN ( Siren and Light guys)and hopefully I will be getting in touch with the regional rep around here. Our Dept has tons of equipment I just need to make sure I can put the lights on and there be no issues! Wouldn't that be something. Getting pulled over for impersonating a Police out of my jurisdiction and getting arrested. LOL

I purchased new brake lines and a 7/8 Wilwood master cylinder from KORE 3. Tobin really took the time to explain to me some basic understanding of my brake set up and I hope to upgrade in the future. I'm going to be running 02 camaro brakes with cross drilled rotors and performance pads.
I promise to get some pics up soon and updates. Thanks Guys

garickman
06-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Glad to see a project like this on the east coast. Get on the phone and start calling for sponsorships. You would be surprised how many people are willing to help out. I am building a Pro-Touring Police Tribute Car here on the west coast. I have over 40 sponsors involved, so many people willing to help I needed to build a website. I just filed my articles of incorporation today to make mine a full blown non-profit organization. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss some ideas. Check out me website at www.inmemoryofthefallen.org

MIGOAT
06-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Awesome Greg I had no idea someone was doing another build. You have inspired me even more. Only one thing East Coast West Coast. If this project gets full tilt we will meet at the Capital. So cool man love the ride and yes you have an email.

MIGOAT
06-17-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm pleased to announce Jason Rushford will be completing the Rendering for the project!

showa
06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I'll be watching both of these builds... I am retiring after 32 years with Las Vegas Metro PD and have been lucky to reach this point in my life.... I have a Cousin back in upstate NY who died after a foot pursuit... One of our Sgt's who had dated a niece of mine was executed by a wack job on a domestic call...

You guys are doing great things, don't ever give up .....

kochevy67
06-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Great job that you and Greg are doing, we in the line of work appreciate what you guys are doing. Good luck from CPD. If you need anything from the midwest or need me to check stuff out hit me with a pm.

MIGOAT
06-21-2011, 09:30 AM
For my Fallen Brothers and Sisters I will not give up! I'm in contact with Concerns Of Police Survivors and the Law Enforcement Memorial Fund to start the Operation. Soon I will get rid of this Forum and start a new one with a more detailed descriptions.
I was more or less looking for ideas of what should this car look like or custom modifications to help with my ideas.

With that being said any ideas Guys?

showa
06-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Couple options come to me right away.

1. Use your department's color scheme from 1969
2. Use NASCAR style steel wheels (my departments pursuit training/ PIT cars use them)
3. Use a custom size steel wheel with dog dish caps
4. Do you think anything along "The Judge" theme might be used ? See if Taurus will help go down this road...

Just trying to put out some ideas to be a little different from other tribute car and the numerous "educational" cars out there running on tracks across the country...

MIGOAT
06-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah haven't decided about the wheels. My department hasn't really changed a whole lot so I'm thinking of using a modified version of our badge and the other charities mine is created for. I'm not mixing who I work for into the project too much there needs to be separation. I'm keeping the car mean looking like the blacked out chargers, or tohoes. But I want the road race car and function.

willis3821
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
I am a disabled correctional officer from az. I see alot of people that hornor the fallen and YES they deserve it. However there are None that help the disabled ones. I know I am one. I have been building a drag/show truck for both. It is being painted right now. It will be black and white with all the lights and sirens. it has a 383 stroker in it running over 750hp. When it is all done I will take it first state wide. It will have every officer's name that has been killed in the line in az painted on it. I will then tour outside of az. I am hoping to get more than just the word out. I have been looking to get safety equipment to hand out free to active officers. This stuff cost alot and when you are new it can hit the pocket hard. plus I will help ANY disabled officer with any monies troubles that I can. I am in the process of starting the FALLEN AND INJURED OFFICERS FOUNDATION. I have already locked the name in and have started all the legal papers to get it off the ground. any help I can get would be great.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-28-2011, 09:32 AM
This is truley a great thing you Gentlemen are doing. Probably a rookie comment, but I have been to two shows here in SoCal this year, one in Santa Clarita and one in Pasadena that were sponsored by local police jurisdictions. I would think they'd love to see your cars at these events...?

MIGOAT
06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Willis that's a great idea to I know a few disabled brothers. One of which was shot on a traffic stop and hasn't worked since.I just got back from SWAT regionals and mentioned the project to a few people and they are down with helping. As soon as my bylaws are done being looked at by my lawyer the project will be in full swing. And I will start the sponsor process. I know for a fact Police tributes bring big attention heck everyone watches cops even the criminals it's almost too funny. I will be looking for a shop that would like the attention and one willing to help make the project come to life.

willis3821
06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
It has been a long process for me. So far I have had to dish out all the monies for this project. Mind you I am not complaining just seems like I get alot of doors shut when I ask for help. They like the idea but Dont want to Step up to helping. The only help I have gotten was From Friends that I have known for yrs and help me alot. the main thing I am looking for is equipment from the big companies so I can give it to these officers that need it big time. I will take any help I can get I will post pics of the truck once she is painted. Now a little about me. I worked for the ADOC for almost 10yrs. I blew out my back taking down a inmate. 13 back operations I am still walking sort of but I get along. Any help you can pm me or email me thru here and I will get you more info.

MIGOAT
06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm in the same boat.. I've put out a few grand in the past two weeks so I definatly know.
I can't get people to PM me back but thats alright too. God gave me a vision and I know I will get this done I'm a hard Headed, Extremly Motivated, Dedicated Donut Eating Cop.
I will find the right shop to help with the planning and get them to do the work. I don't have the skills neccessary to build a Charity car worth completing.
What kind of equipment are you in need of? Send me a PM and I can try to help the best I can.

MIGOAT
09-12-2011, 06:17 PM
For the few who showed interest we will be moving our thread. I will post one more time to provide the site where the build will be. Thanks you guys for your support. I have a website that is up and almost running it just needs some tweaks www.leofast.com we are having our first fundraising event in Raleigh Oct. 1st at Umstead Park. From 3-8 FYI.