PDA

View Full Version : Header help with New subframe.

WD69FIREBIRD
06-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi all-
I have a 69 Firebird rebuild going and I put a Heidt's subframe with the G-ride suspension under it. It has a 455 in it and I cannot clear the first pipe of the Hooker Header. It sits right above the rack and pinion hook up. Anyone have something similar and know what headers will work?

Thanks for your help as this is my first rebuild and has been quite the project getting everything to go back into place.

NYC
06-18-2011, 05:17 AM
Welcome aboard. Any pics?

WD69FIREBIRD
06-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Here are some pics of the rebuild. I scraped the Hooker headers and have a guy that is making some so I left out the pic of the problem I was running into.

Sorry, I may have to post this somewhere else. I'm knew to the site and read that this does not go here. Sorry all.
I will get the hang of it.

WD69FIREBIRD
06-22-2011, 05:43 AM
A little about the car....69 Firebird I had completley tore down, 455 hydraulic roller cam, performer intake and carb, March serpintine system, 12 main Moser with 373's rear end(powder coated), Heidt's sub frame with G Ride suspension (powder coated), B&M shifter ontop of a TH 400 tranny, going with 17" Showheel Streeters, Aluminum Radiator, going back in with air conditioning, Custum upholstery, JL Audio stereo system, carbon fiber dash with Autometer american muscle gauges, Ididit steering column, Speed liner underneath car, in trunk and and the paint is 2004 lamborghini yellow. That's about it. I think the only thing I kept that was existing or original was part of the cab.