PDA

View Full Version : anybody try nitrous and a supercharger????

rodknocker
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
I got both and was thinking????? why not try them together, thoughts? I am building a stout 455 pontiac that's already getting the supercharger anybody have any ideas Pro/con for using nitrous as well? Love to hear them...

camcojb
06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
There's a lot of the Lightning guys using both. Of course those trucks come with blowers, but many add nitrous. Like most things it's in the tune; keep it safe, watch the timing and A/F and you should be okay. Also don't max out the boost and then add nitrous on top, cylinder pressure can get out of control, lifting heads, detonation, etc. Also nitrous actually adds more than normal on a blower car because it has a side benefit of lowering the air temps a fair amount. So a 50 shot on a Lightning usually nets 65-75 rwhp.

Jody

383blown
06-20-2005, 05:14 PM
As long as you don't go crazy with the nos it is actually good for a blown motor! The nos kind of acts like a intercooler, in other words it cools down the heat in the charge air which is the most dangerous part of a blown motor. (Heat Kills)

rodknocker
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
that's good to hear, i myself have never tried it. I have had nitrous and blowers seperately but not together. i will be running an intercooler also, so maybe it will be fine. Doesn't MSD make a controller for boost and nitrous for Drag racing? Not gonna race the car, but it would be nice to have another little piece of mind........