PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg Trans Am

Pages : [1] 2

Bill Howell
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I am happy to announce a special project I have had a small part in seeing come together.
A couple months ago Bill called me about helping him build a killer Pro-touring car based on a early second gen Trans Am. I first introduced him to Ben Hermance and got Ben started on a Rendering. Then, I explained some of the major players in the Pro-touring world and what was available for his car. Bill is no newbie to the car world, and really got hooked on the Pro-touring scene last year when he hosted the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Bill decided he had to have a car he could bring to events and plans to either drive himself or have his wife Wanda drive it. Wanda is a trained stunt driver and certainly has the credentials to show us how it is done. As you will see from the impressive list of sponsors and vendors, we have put together some of the best parts in the business on this car. The one thing I couldn't talk him into was A/C since he lives in LA. We will see how that works out when he is in the deep south next summer on a cruise.
Anyway, lets welcome Bill to Protouring and look for this car to debut very soon and watch for it at future events.
Thanks to all the sponsors that stepped up, I know this car will get alot of attention and will represent our corner of the hobby well.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/Front_sponsorlogos-1.jpg

hdesign
06-08-2011, 05:26 AM
First, many thanks to Bill Howell for getting me involved. I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to work with Bill Goldberg on his first PT car. I quickly learned that he and I have very similar taste so that made this a very smooth process. Bill has been a pleasure to work with. The style of the car only went through a few subtle changes as we finalized the design.

We ended up with a stealthy and sinister ride with minimal accent pieces that'll carry a somewhat industrial look. Form follows function on this car and we wanted it to be purpose built so Bill can have some real fun with it. You may notice the graphics are a little different than a stock TA. The center stripe will be exposed Carbon bordered with a thin silver pinstripe to match wheel hoops and nose trim. To finish off that stripe, we decided that it would be cool if used Bill's signature tattoo in a tone on tone effect rather than the screaming bird. It's meant to be a subtle touch, not something overpowering and garish.

Thanks again guys, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

dropit69
06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Very cool..cant wait to follow this build...!! Welcome to the pt world Goldberg !!

Payton King
06-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Very cool Bill. Cannot wait to watch this one come together. Who is doing the build?

Vicinity
06-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Definitely watching this one.

ProdigyCustoms
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
This is very cool. Goldberg seems to be a real motor head, it is cool to have celebrities amoung us. Certain to draw more attention to our segment of the hobby.

Good job Howell!

RS_Customs
06-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Very cool! Can't wait to see it being built!

Robert

fbody_mike
06-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Bill Goldberg is definetly a car guy. He was recently on Adam Carolla's CarCast and has a passion for cars. I am happy to hear he is doing a 2nd gen F-Body. I am looking forward to the build.

David Pozzi
06-08-2011, 07:58 AM
This will be a fun one to watch! Goldberg seemed very enthusiastic at Del Mar this spring.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Darn Bill...I shoulda had you announce my project so I could get all those killer sponsers on board...:lol:

Looks like a great project!

Nessumsar
06-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Very cool. I was half expecting to see Bill build a PT car, as David mentioned he was having a blast at the Good Guys show in Del Mar, not to mention at OUSCI. He did have a monter truck after all, a muscle car is the next logical step right? :)

When does the build commence, and where is it being done at?

jy211
06-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Edit post LOL

Glad to see more people seeing the light....LOL

GOLDBERG
06-08-2011, 09:00 AM
First off, many thx for the invite to be a part of such a passionate group. There is not a person on the planet that does not know I'm a car guy, and with this being said I'm stunned it took me this long to jump in! There is one very important thing that I must say.......my intent is not to barge into this arena with my chest out exclaiming "Who's Next! My objective is to blend in as one of the guys and quietly do what I can to further the sport.
There is a bit of a backstory on the car, so here goes......stick with me....

I purchased a 1967 Jag XKE roadster for my wife about 5yrs ago. After an extensive 100 pt 2 yr resto my intent was to show the car then drive it every now and then. Well......after completion, for 3yrs the car sat without being started ONCE! A travesty I know but true non the less. Then, after attending and hosting clearly one of the coolest events on the planet, the Optima Ultimate Streetcar Invitational, I came up with a brilliant plan (with LOTS of help from my buddy Billy Howell) to make it right. Backing up a bit, during the filming of The Longest Yard in '06, I spotted an add for a RAM AIR IV T/A on Ebay. I knew I'd seen the car before (Hemming's 8mths prior) as I've been on the lookout for one of these bad boys to park next to my '73 Super Duty for a while. I'm 90% a numbers matching guy, and I always do my homework......except this time! I put a modest bid in, went to set for filming, and upon my return I realized I was the new owner of a '70 Ram Air IV!!!!......Except it was a RAIII body, with a RAIII block and RAIV heads! Even the best of us get had, but it was clearly my own fault for not investigating it further. BUT MY LOSS IS MY WIFE'S GAIN!!!!!!! Upon returning home, I started to execute our plan. I sold the Jag, made some calls, and started to strip the T/A for it's rebirth. Let's just say that this plan could not have been a better one......I sell the car that has no business sitting next my American Muscle Cars, and I give an ex stuntwomen and love of my life a car that she can actually beat to death and have fun while she's doing it! Truly a dream come true for us both.

Now the excitement of the event was awesome, but what truly drew me to the hobby were the people involved. What a breath of fresh air to meet such passionate and accommodating people.

So with all that being said, I'm honored to be invited to be one of the group. I will do everything in my power to properly represent the hobby and bring as many eyes and ears to the events as possible to help further the growth of the sport. I thank all of the great sponsors involved, and hope everyone follows the build as we're all very excited!! STAY TUNED!!!!!!

The Humbled....GOLDBERG

Bow Tie 67
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
This should be fun, Hmmmmm what if I could tell all the body builders at work " I beat Goldburg " Lol

Bill A/C is for " Kitty cats " ? I have become one with my ride after all the sweat I have shared with / in her. ( that sounds disturbing )

John Wright
06-08-2011, 09:09 AM
a stealthy and sinister ride Nailed it....looks great Ben!
Goldberg, looking forward to following the progress on the new edition to your family.

dontlifttoshift
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I really like this car and I am not a musclecar guy at all, and disco cars....fuhgettaaboutit. I didn't understand all the sponsors either, but after reading what Mr. Goldberg had to say I really don't care. A guy and his wife with a bitchin car and they are going to beat it like a rented mule.....that's what its about.

May your future be full of worn tires, have fun with that car!

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Yep.. right up my alley.

good to see a famous guy with some taste.

67zo6Camaro
06-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Same here, big check book for a great build.... I'll be watching this high profile project.

Way to go Bill

Doug1
06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Great looking ride. Chad Fletcher had Ben design my Trans Am as well and he did another fine job I see.

If you want to see a BUNCH of pro-touring F-body builds, I have them listed in the following posting on TAC. If you know of a bad ass 2nd gen build that is not on that list, let me know and I'll make sure it is. Bill, your car is now on the list!

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=41154.msg367304#msg367304

Flash68
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Very cool.. Nice work Billy Big Block!

dunnjun
06-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Awesome rendering. Can't wait to hear the parts list. You rocked at OUSCI. Ought to be fun watching Chad from Bangshift mess with you :scared:. You're gonna love this! Welcome!

MuscleRodz
06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Very cool to see a another bird getting attention. I think 70-73 Firebirds are the new 69 Camaro now

critter
06-08-2011, 11:24 AM
What? A PONTIAC? LOL! Nice choice from a fellow Pontiac owner and it should be an interesting build. Now,where are the pictures of the 73SD?

Bill Howell
06-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Let me start a partial parts list here.
1. Hendrick motorsports LS motor
2. Carbon Kustoms front clip
3. DSE suspension, front and rear
4. Ridetech tiger cage
5. Forgelines (you knew it would have to have forgelines if I was involved..haha)
6. vaporworks goodies
7. Baer brakes
8. Be Cool
9. BF Goodrich
10. American Autowire

These are just the ones I worked with. Car will be such a sweet piece, going to be fun to watch it run.

tazzz25906112
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Bill both Matt (Anvil Auto) and I (Carbon Kustoms) are very please to be a part of this exciting project,,,, we are working away at finishing the shipment of not only the front clip (fenders, hood, shaker, nose) but also a trunk lid and rear spoiler for the project...

Just a quick heads up gang,,,, Bill Goldberg has been a Hell of a gentleman to deal with... I for one wanted to extend a welcoming hand to him from our little sport and I'm sure he'll knocking at all our doors sooner than later as he has a veracious desire to participate with a true enthusiast's heart....

Ryno
06-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Subscribed:headbang:

Rybar
06-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Nice project Bill, welcome aboard. I think you will like driving this more than the #'s matching cars with the DSE suspension and Wegner LS motor.

GOLDBERG
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome....looking forward putting the hammer down!!!!

Damn True
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the board Bill. Looking forward to the build and to your contribution to the community here.

protour73
06-08-2011, 03:14 PM
^^^^^^ THAT Bill Goldberg? come on......this is one of those goofy trick threads isn't it!!! HAHA
........How cool is this to have such a high profile car guy hanging out with us in our little protouring community!! WELCOME - Hopefully the exposure will help our hobby expand and thrive.

far be it from me to challenge such a cool car dude, especially since he's bigger than me.....but Bill, come on in the CHAT room on any given night and do a little bench racing and throw around some of your ideas with us. It's a great place to get feedback, information, and just general car guy talk!!!

Bryce
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Welcome Bill, and cool project.

Nothingface5384
06-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Goldberg was my fav wrestler havent really watched wrestling after he quit.. wish he would do mma to drop brock on his ass lol
also looking forward to the build!

Bill Howell
06-08-2011, 04:39 PM
^^^^^^ THAT Bill Goldberg? come on......this is one of those goofy trick threads isn't it!!! HAHA
........How cool is this to have such a high profile car guy hanging out with us in our little protouring community!! WELCOME - Hopefully the exposure will help our hobby expand and thrive.

far be it from me to challenge such a cool car dude, especially since he's bigger than me.....but Bill, come on in the CHAT room on any given night and do a little bench racing and throw around some of your ideas with us. It's a great place to get feedback, information, and just general car guy talk!!!
Scott,
I met Bill thru a mutual friend, Bob Johnson. Trust me, he is a regular guy, passionate about his cars, and loves to bench race, etc. He just happens to have a great job and many people know him. My suggestion to everyone as you meet him at events, etc is this. FORGET his last name, he is just Bill, car guy. He wants to learn as much as he can about how these cars work, how to drive them as good as Kyle or Brian and how to get in the winner's circle, nothing different than everyone else at the events. Oh, and yes, when he hits a cone, or spins out, I will be busting his balls and putting the PINK HAT on his bald head just like I do everyone else. LOL

Samckitt
06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Can't wait to see this come together either. I am sure this will be a great build.

Van B
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Cool build. You could see his enthusiasm on the Optima show. On a side note I have been DVRing the Garage Mahal shows for a while now and really enjoy it. I need them to come and give mine an overhaul.

Amatouring
06-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the Board! I gotta keep an eye on this build, Its got a cool car to start with and the right people involved to make it something special.

MrQuick
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Let me start a partial parts list here.
1. Hendrick motorsports LS motor
2. Carbon Kustoms front clip
3. DSE suspension, front and rear
4. Ridetech tiger cage
5. Forgelines (you knew it would have to have forgelines if I was involved..haha)
6. vaporworks goodies
7. Baer brakes
8. Be Cool
9. BF Goodrich
10. American Autowire

These are just the ones I worked with. Car will be such a sweet piece, going to be fun to watch it run.

WHO'S NEXT!!! thats quite a list.

good to have you here Goldberg. Big fan.

I remember you had a great colection of Mopars too right?

Can't wait to see the build pictures.

Vince

Yelcamino
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I love 2nd gen Firebirds! Nice to see one getting the full treatment! Welcome to the club Bill. :cheers:

Ron S
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Was talking to Albert about this a while back, loving the carbon stuff he's coming out with, should be great to see this come together. Remember seeing Goldbergs Hemi Dart at Barrett, or maybe it was Carlisle, Bill has good taste in cars.

Hope to see you at a few of Bills events Bill (wow, thats confusing). Nothing more fun then driving a Mucle car angry. Ron

GOLDBERG
06-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I believe the comments here truly reflect what I meant by how accommodating your "niche" really is. It's a very exciting project, but in the end what lasts the longest are the relationships you acquire. The sponsors have been wonderful, so with that being said, the list continues....

11. Year One....assorted goodies
12. Tilton Racing....pedals
13. Hurst Driveline....driveshaft, hydraulics, etc.
14. Dynamat.....kinda obvious
15. Strange Engineering......rearend,housing, etc.
16. 2GoKeyless....push button start
17. Sparco....seats, harness, wheel, etc.
18. Tremec....T-56 magnum
19. Autometer.....6001 Street Dash , Stack DVL
20. Rock Valley......fuel tank
21. Ididit.......keyless column

This isn't it so I'll follow 'er up with another post.
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-08-2011, 07:17 PM
what happened to your Daytona, G?

still have it?

GOLDBERG
06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
what happened to your Daytona, G?

still have it?

Sold that bad boy at Barrett in Scottsdale a few years back. Proceeds went to the Darrell Gwynn Foundation. Never even got to drive it! Huge thanks to Kevin King at Year One for spearheading the project!

sr73bu
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the pro-touring addiction Bill!
Car looks like its going to be killer! Good luck with the build!

-Sean

CarlC
06-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Bill G. has taken a hit off the crack pipe. Welcome to the addiction.

LeighP
06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Wow, another stand out early 2nd gen Firebird.....with all the parts that are coming for our cars these days, I'm really feeling the love!
Welcome to the forums, best of luck with the project, Bill...I'll be watching from the wings while I work on my 71.

4mul8ion
06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow. Looks great. Gotta keep up with this build. Subscribed.

Kevin

craigs73
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
WOW!! its bill goldberg back when i watched wrestling you were one of my favorites lol........anyways bill your gonna have one sweet ass ride and i could tell from bull run you were a car guy.....good luck with the build i will be watching this

454bug
06-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Great car Bill! :twothumbs

I know you'll be a great promoter of our style of cars and activities!

Drive it like you stole it!! :6gears:

TonyL
06-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I take some time off from the board and Bill Goldberg shows up?

Welcome aboard Bill! Slick looking car! I'm looking forward to seeing it go together, and even more to seeing you tear it up!

GOLDBERG
06-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Thank ya sir. I'd have to say tearing it up is in my blood. Looking forward to a new place to play!

YancyJohns
06-09-2011, 03:49 AM
This will be One Bad *ss build w/ the list of vendors participating. Thanks Bill for bringing more attention to our little corner. This should be fun watching Bill autocrossing then jumping out of the T/A with a microphone giving live commentary at the OUSCI.....:fingersx: It doesn't get any better than this!!!

coolwelder62
06-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Welcome Mr.Goldberg.This is going to be a great build. I must say I've seen the frt. fender's for this project.They are awesome.The 2 frt. fender's wt. less than the box they were shipped in.Albert is making some very,very high quality carbon fiber part's.Not only will Albert's part's save wt. making our car's faster,Look great,but most important is should save MPG.At todays price at the pump saving flosal fuel here should make the bunny lover's and Cal.tree hugger's happy that we are saving there planet.I commend You Mr.Goldberg for helping to save the planet by buiulding an awesome PT car.Scott Mock.

protouring70
06-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Just wanting to know, is Kevin and the group going to be building this one for you as well. It would be nice to drop in and see it.

I remember the Black Convertable that Bob built for you, it was a nice car!

MrAngry
06-09-2011, 05:33 AM
What's up Bill - long time man... Glad to see you're coming over the dark side of Pro-touring. Can't wait to see that sucker in person...

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Kev and the boys at Year One are off the hook on this one.....and after the LONG hours on the Darrell Gwynn Superbird, I bet they're relieved!! I can't ever thank the people over at YEAR ONE enough for their support over the years.

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 05:40 AM
MR ANGRY how goes it? This ain't BULLRUN baby, I finally get to have a bit of fun for myself. You surprised like everyone else that I'm not transforming one of the Mopars?

MrAngry
06-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Surprised? Not in the least... I'm just glad that you'll finally be able to get behind the wheel. The car and specs look simply outstanding! Bravo my brotha'!

Martin71RS
06-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi Bill, looks like you will be building a cool car, I like the rendering Ben made.

To be honest I did not have a clue about who you are, had to google it..... but after that I realize I've seen you when I followed the bull run 1 or 2 years ago online.

anyways, welcome here and I hope to see regular updates on the build.

Regards,
Martin

67speedfreak
06-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Great project , I love it !
Welcome Bill !

Brian

wmhjr
06-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Bill, welcome from another pontiac guy.

You going LS or sticking with a pontiac block? I'm guessing I know the answer, but have to ask.....

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 06:09 AM
She'll be fitted w/ a Hendrick Performance LS7....

RicerwannaB
06-09-2011, 06:10 AM
All of these early 2nd gen builds make me really want to ditch the GTO and go Fbody! Rendering looks great along with an impressive parts list, Cant wait to see some update pictures!

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the latest sponsor to jump on board with project "ERNREE"........the RINGBROTHERS !!! Thx guys and welcome to the madness!!

DriverzInc
06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Looking forward to following the build, rendering looks great Ben! And welcome to the board Bill!

daredvl22
06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Awesome project Bill! You've got a lot of serious car guys supporting your project. Good luck and please post pics as you go! Welcome aboard.

TonyL
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Proof positive that Pro-touring is infectious. There's just something cooler about cars that you can actually use, rather than just look at.

PoundinPoncho
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Cool build, glad to see another high end Poncho in the works. Welcome to the board.

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Thank you sir! Counting the days.....

Vicinity
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Thank you sir! Counting the days.....

I don't know if you mentioned it yet, but when does she begin?

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Project ERNREE will be in the booth within 2 weeks ....

OLDFLM
06-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Congrats Bill!!! You couldn't have picked a more perfect car! IMHO the 70-73 Firebird/Trans Am are the most beautiful musclecar ever made... but then again I'm just a little partial to them too! Again, welcome to this side of the hobby and the addiction of pro-touring!! :usa:

Scott Parkhurst
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM
STFU! The Ring Bros are building Goldberg a car he's actually going to DRIVE at P-T events? And it's not a Mopar?

Five years ago, none of this would have ever happened. It's a good time to be in the P-T crowd.

If you need a tow vehicle Bill, I have this station wagon...

GOLDBERG
06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
...Actually the RingBrothers are not building the car they've jumped on board as a sponsor.

RS_Customs
06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
lol being secretive about who is building it............. DSE ? Would make sense with with the Hendrick motor.

Robert

jeeperx2
06-09-2011, 02:52 PM
This should be cool! subscribed

xxxturbo6
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard Bill it's really neat to see you here! BTW, Awesome looking car! I'm looking forward to seeing it go together, and even more to seeing you tear it up at our events!

Scot W.

ArtosDracon
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I was about to make a crack about Billy Big Block running an LS, then I saw the post about it being the 427 from Hendricks. Close enough, right? Congrats Bill, welcome to the insanity.

QDiesel
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Goldberg. This is going to be an awesome project to follow. I look forward to seeing progress and updates. Also, thanks in advance for being an active member as well.

Bill Howell
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I was about to make a crack about Billy Big Block running an LS, then I saw the post about it being the 427 from Hendricks. Close enough, right? Congrats Bill, welcome to the insanity.

Actually, billybigblock is me, that has been my gmail email for years. I am a big block guy from years ago. I have been converted also though, once you go LS you never go back.

ArtosDracon
06-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Too many Bills, I can't keep you all and car info in my brain at the same time, sorry you lose to the vehicle dynamics calculations and what-not.

MrQuick
06-09-2011, 07:51 PM
one's Bill and the other one is Uncle Billy. LOL

HectorM52
06-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Very cool, Bill Goldberg on our site.

I met Bill at a UGA game many years ago. Right around his hey-day in the 'rassling world. Yup, fellow UGA man here!!

Very cool looking build; I can't wait to see more!!!

newmexicosaint
06-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Bill, the rendering is simply SICK as I am sure the car will be! Thanks for joining the group. Cant wait to see the car kick some tail!! Surreal...

craigs73
06-09-2011, 09:46 PM
one's Bill and the other one is Uncle Billy. LOL

which ones uncle billy lol

Off Duty
06-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Bill,

Welcome to the world of Pro-Touring!
If this turns out anything close to the rendering, you're going to have yourself one first class pro-touring machine.

Bill, a short story if you'll indulge me:

Many years ago while my daughter was in her latter elementary years, the class took a field trip which I escorted.
Upon our return to the classroom, one of the young males in the class proclaimed loudly, "Hey! You're dad looks like Goldberg!"

My daughter is chuckling, and I'm wondering WTF is this Goldberg dude?
She whispers to me "daddy, he's a wrestler."

Oh.....now having not followed wrestling since the days of The Great Malenko, Dusty Rhodes, and some other old school greats, I needed to get up to speed quick!

I walked next door, and who do you think was gracing the cover of the latest wrestling magazine?
None other than Mr. Bill Goldberg.

Now it's true that I'd started training again; however, when I saw that picture I realized that the only things we shared in common were:

A shaved head, Blue eyes, and a goatee!:lmao:
I was missing about 6-8" in height, a bit of muscle, and traps that touched my ears:lmao:

Just the same, it was an honor to be likened to someone as well respected and admired as yourself, even if only in the mind of a child:hail:
My daughter never let's me forget this and she's 22 now.

I'm a retired law enforcement officer, and this story has been proudly shared among many of my colleagues over the years.

It's an honor to now be able to share it with "the man himself."

Compared to some others, IMO, you provided a positive image for the youth as a wrestler, and I thank you for that !!
BTW, I enjoy watching the shows you host when I have time to watch television, and thanks for all you do for the sport.

You'll find some great folks here, with a lot of helpful information.

Welcome aboard :cheers:

protour73
06-10-2011, 03:55 AM
OK........how does one get Hendrick Performance to build an LS7 for a consumer??.....just ASK?

Man, the sponsors on this build are extremely impressive!! This will be fun to watch!!

AM.MSCL
06-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Welcome and I am really interested in the watching the build of the car.
Ok enough of the chit-chat it is time to see the starting point!
:postpics:

critter
06-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Heck, I'm still waiting on pictures of the 73SD car! ^^^^What he said^^^^

1973Firebird01
06-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Bill,
Welcome! As a fellow early 2nd gen owner I can't wait to see this come together!

justimagine
06-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Hey Bill, the rendering looks great, you and Wanda and the TA will be a welcome addition to the pro-touring group. As many have said, you'll find a lot of helpful people on the site, so don't hesitate to ask for advice (careful what you ask for!) and I know you have my cell, so don't hesitate to call anytime. We're all looking forward to the completion and unveiling! See you soon.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I vote the mods change the title of this thread to "Goldberg's Demented"...all repsect to the man and the car, of course...:)

Off Duty
06-10-2011, 08:36 AM
This is going to be good!~
Subscribed.

wellis77
06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Welcome to the site Bill! I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. That's an awesome list of suppliers and sponsors. Maybe I missed it, but who is doing the build? Are you or do you have a shop working the build?

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Played 4yrs in the NFL.....Beat Hulk Hogan in front of 45,000 at the Georgia Dome.......Done movies and TV........BUT I CAN'T UPLOAD A DARN PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there.....

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 09:33 AM
.....shop out of Hobbs,NM DEMENTED CUSTOMS. Small operation with big dreams! Great people!

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 09:38 AM
It's an honor to be involved Jimi! Anything I can do on my end please let me know.....

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Bill,

Welcome to the world of Pro-Touring!
If this turns out anything close to the rendering, you're going to have yourself one first class pro-touring machine.

Bill, a short story if you'll indulge me:

Many years ago while my daughter was in her latter elementary years, the class took a field trip which I escorted.
Upon our return to the classroom, one of the young males in the class proclaimed loudly, "Hey! You're dad looks like Goldberg!"

My daughter is chuckling, and I'm wondering WTF is this Goldberg dude?
She whispers to me "daddy, he's a wrestler."

Oh.....now having not followed wrestling since the days of The Great Malenko, Dusty Rhodes, and some other old school greats, I needed to get up to speed quick!

I walked next door, and who do you think was gracing the cover of the latest wrestling magazine?
None other than Mr. Bill Goldberg.

Now it's true that I'd started training again; however, when I saw that picture I realized that the only things we shared in common were:

A shaved head, Blue eyes, and a goatee!:lmao:
I was missing about 6-8" in height, a bit of muscle, and traps that touched my ears:lmao:

Just the same, it was an honor to be likened to someone as well respected and admired as yourself, even if only in the mind of a child:hail:
My daughter never let's me forget this and she's 22 now.

I'm a retired law enforcement officer, and this story has been proudly shared among many of my colleagues over the years.

It's an honor to now be able to share it with "the man himself."

Compared to some others, IMO, you provided a positive image for the youth as a wrestler, and I thank you for that !!
BTW, I enjoy watching the shows you host when I have time to watch television, and thanks for all you do for the sport.

You'll find some great folks here, with a lot of helpful information.

Welcome aboard :cheers:

Gordon....great story! Thank you for your years of law enforcement!
Very much looking forward to seeing the resemblance!

garickman
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Played 4yrs in the NFL.....Beat Hulk Hogan in front of 45,000 at the Georgia Dome.......Done movies and TV........BUT I CAN'T UPLOAD A DARN PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there.....

And took on the Donald in Celebrity Apprentice........Welcome, looks like a killer build. This will be fun to watch.

RS_Customs
06-10-2011, 10:04 AM

haha no worries.

Couple way to do it. Easiest way is linking from a photo hosting site. When you hit the "go advanced" button to post a rely. One of the icons above the text window looks like a picture with a tree, if you move your mouse over it, it will say "Insert Image" click on that and paste the link to the picture you want to post. Make sure the cursor is in a clear line before you click that icon. You can hit the "preview post" button to see if you did it correctly.

Robert

OLDFLM
06-10-2011, 10:23 AM
"Small operation with big dreams! Great people!" ... turn out some of the coolest cars in the hobby Bill!!!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?49145-OLDFLM-s-(Ty)-71-Firebird-comes-to-Fletcher-s-Customs!!-Giving-back-for-my-Freedom!!&highlight=freedombird

newmexicosaint
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Bill, would you mind elaborating on how you came to the final decision on demented customs? As a fellow New Mexican and only about 2 hours from Hobby I am interested in hearing from you about this shop. Thanks.

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
haha no worries.

Couple way to do it. Easiest way is linking from a photo hosting site. When you hit the "go advanced" button to post a rely. One of the icons above the text window looks like a picture with a tree, if you move your mouse over it, it will say "Insert Image" click on that and paste the link to the picture you want to post. Make sure the cursor is in a clear line before you click that icon. You can hit the "preview post" button to see if you did it correctly.

Robert

Thank you very much Robert

Doug1
06-10-2011, 10:41 AM
"Small operation with big dreams! Great people!" ... turn out some of the coolest cars in the hobby Bill!!!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?49145-OLDFLM-s-(Ty)-71-Firebird-comes-to-Fletcher-s-Customs!!-Giving-back-for-my-Freedom!!&highlight=freedombird

Hmmm.. I have heard of that Hermance guy and that Fletcher guy somewhere...
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?70526-Project-quot-TTTA-quot&highlight=TTTA
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/round3-1.jpg

Though I have to say, I do like that earlier nose.... Too bad I already spent all that money with Year One for their 77. Goldberg, that car is going to be sweet! I stuck to semi old school and went with an aftermarket Pontiac block modern top end. If it turns out too heavy, I may have to go the LS route. Hopefully not though.

We'll have to have a Hermance designed Trans Am race off for the title!

OLDFLM
06-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, they're both getting pretty good with these second gen Pontiacs huh!! :1st:

I LOVE all the attention these cars are finally getting! Congrats again to Bill!!!

I can't wait to see ERNREE come together!! :cheers:

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 11:00 AM

John Wright
06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
^^Great start!

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Sold that bad boy at Barrett in Scottsdale a few years back. Never even got to drive it!

Dang, G..

Hope you get to kick the shizz outta this one tho..

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 11:04 AM
An absolutely killer looking ride!
Hmmm.. I have heard of that Hermance guy and that Fletcher guy somewhere...
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?70526-Project-quot-TTTA-quot&highlight=TTTA
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/round3-1.jpg

Though I have to say, I do like that earlier nose.... Too bad I already spent all that money with Year One for their 77. Goldberg, that car is going to be sweet! I stuck to semi old school and went with an aftermarket Pontiac block modern top end. If it turns out too heavy, I may have to go the LS route. Hopefully not though.

We'll have to have a Hermance designed Trans Am race off for the title!

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 11:07 AM

John Wright
06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Dang!...as Mr. V would say...you have a whole "flock" of birds...

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/tumblr_l9hhnrw67U1qcqorzo1_500-1.jpg

Doug1
06-10-2011, 11:12 AM

WOW! Most guys would kill to have that bad boy as is! I have 5 other 70's era Trans Ams in various stages of repair from primer to paint. All with rust free bodies. I'll swap you you a couple for that bad boy!!!! Dibs on the parts they take off that car!!!!!LOL

Bill Howell
06-10-2011, 11:14 AM

Funny thing is, that is the color I will be painting mine..

Doug1
06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
An absolutely killer looking ride!

You should see it at SEMA this year. Hopefully, it will get an invite to the Optima challange. I'd just have to find a better driver than me!

critter
06-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Buccaneer red with black guts. A classic. Four speed car? Very, very nice.

Off Duty
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Perfect!

Off Duty
06-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger....took me a while to get the hang of it too....looks like you've got it whipped though:twothumbs

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Automatic , w/factory A/C
Buccaneer red with black guts. A classic. Four speed car? Very, very nice.

a73formula
Talk about a nice starting point. I'm gonna have to actually start on my 75 t/a now, these are too sweet.

Off Duty
Thanks Bill.
I wish it were that great:)

But in the eye's of a child......

Again, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Gordon

FRENCHBLUE72
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome aboard cant wait to see this one come to life..

AM.MSCL
06-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I sure hope that is not a real TA that is numbers matching!

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you for the kind words Albert..... you're going to ruin my image! I greatly appreciate your involvement in our project, and I can promise your carbon fiber goodies combined with all of the other great sponsors' parts will combine for one hell of a car! Can't wait to see her rollin' down the track!!!!!!

Bill Goldberg

Bill both Matt (Anvil Auto) and I (Carbon Kustoms) are very please to be a part of this exciting project,,,, we are working away at finishing the shipment of not only the front clip (fenders, hood, shaker, nose) but also a trunk lid and rear spoiler for the project...

Just a quick heads up gang,,,, Bill Goldberg has been a Hell of a gentleman to deal with... I for one wanted to extend a welcoming hand to him from our little sport and I'm sure he'll knocking at all our doors sooner than later as he has a veracious desire to participate with a true enthusiast's heart....

Jims78elky
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Welcome aboard Bill, looking forward to checking out your new project!

Off Duty
06-10-2011, 03:43 PM

If you read his introduction on the first page, I think you'll see where it's anything but numbers matching.
I'm just guessing, but by his own statement, he's a "car guy."
Taking that into consideration, my guess would be if it were, he probably would choose another platform for this build. I could be wrong though.

And while I think I understand your sentiment, the bottom line is, he who foots the bill makes the rules :)
:cheers:

protour73
06-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Bill, what are the plans for the Interior? Sparse road racer look? Some nice leather with state of the art gauges ? Racepak Data logger? Cage?

critter
06-10-2011, 04:55 PM
It could be worse. He could be messing with a Super Duty TA for his project.

Oh wait...

:)

kovert
06-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Nice car congrats goldburg on the build looks to be promising and u sure got a ton of great parts / sponsors I'm jelous!!! Good luck can't wait to start checking out the progress!!

Why don't sponsors ever help out the poor guys that can't afford builds like this !!
Guess u gotta be a celebrity and have tons of cash to get free stuff!!!

Much respect gold burg I'm a fan just never seen so many people sponsor a car is this for a charity event too??

Welcome to the forum bill ide like to see some pics of that super bird on here one day!!!

Bill Howell
06-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Nice car congrats goldburg on the build looks to be promising and u sure got a ton of great parts / sponsors I'm jelous!!! Good luck can't wait to start checking out the progress!!

Why don't sponsors ever help out the poor guys that can't afford builds like this !!
Guess u gotta be a celebrity and have tons of cash to get free stuff!!!

Much respect gold burg I'm a fan just never seen so many people sponsor a car is this for a charity event too??

Welcome to the forum bill ide like to see some pics of that super bird on here one day!!!

1. Sponsorship does not mean FREE! Usually a discounted price.
2. FREE is never FREE! Companies help out on the front end on a part but expect a lot in return, mainly exposure. By the time Bill hauls the car all over the country to events, on his dime, trust me, the parts were not free, just an investment for the different companies. If you actually do what companies expect you to do with sponsored parts, usually it is cheaper to buy them outright.

Sorry, but the misconception is free parts show up at your house, you put them on your car and then you owe nothing to the company, it just isn't that way. Also, companies have been burned so many times by people who promised the world, then never even finished their car so they are pretty picky about who the sponsor, whether that is discounting or freebies.
I know for a fact, that if Bill doesn't wear this car out, beat it to death and take it everywhere, the sponsors won't be open to the next build.
Charity cars are a little different, but the companies still expect media coverage, etc. In our corner of the hobby though, it really wouldn't do DSE or Ridetech or most other companies to sponsor their parts on a charity auction car, cause those buyers are not really buying because of the given parts.

I certainly consider myself a average Joe, maybe a little more free time and less family obligations (read kids grown) than some, but nevertheless, just a guy with a passion for cars and driving. I have made some connections over the years, and yes, do enjoy some limited sponsorship. HOWEVER, I logged 14400 miles on my charger last year, driving to events, racing and driving home, plus about 5000 more on my truck towing the car. If you are willing to make that kind of commitment, your phone will ring too and you will start getting some sponsorship. You have to show you are committed first though, then the phone will ring, not the other way around. There are way too many cars in garages that will never be finished for companies to just mail out parts to everyone that comes along.

Put another way, if you can't afford to finish your car, you can't afford sponsored parts either. Nothing in this ole world is free.

Sorry, not beating you up Kovert, just trying to clear up the myths about sponsorship, highly visible cars, Joe Public and public perception.

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Why do you think I'm ripping it apart?

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Bill, what are the plans for the Interior? Sparse road racer look? Some nice leather with state of the art gauges ? Racepak Data logger? Cage?

Interior will not be the focal point, BUT it will house the awesome "TigerCage" by RideTech, Autometer 6100 Street Dash w/Stack DVL, Sparco R700 seats and harnesses, Ididit keyless column, 2GoKeyless start, assorted Year One goodies, Tilton Racing pedals........and so on.

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
1. Sponsorship does not mean FREE! Usually a discounted price.
2. FREE is never FREE! Companies help out on the front end on a part but expect a lot in return, mainly exposure. By the time Bill hauls the car all over the country to events, on his dime, trust me, the parts were not free, just an investment for the different companies. If you actually do what companies expect you to do with sponsored parts, usually it is cheaper to buy them outright.

Sorry, but the misconception is free parts show up at your house, you put them on your car and then you owe nothing to the company, it just isn't that way. Also, companies have been burned so many times by people who promised the world, then never even finished their car so they are pretty picky about who the sponsor, whether that is discounting or freebies.
I know for a fact, that if Bill doesn't wear this car out, beat it to death and take it everywhere, the sponsors won't be open to the next build.
Charity cars are a little different, but the companies still expect media coverage, etc. In our corner of the hobby though, it really wouldn't do DSE or Ridetech or most other companies to sponsor their parts on a charity auction car, cause those buyers are not really buying because of the given parts.

I certainly consider myself a average Joe, maybe a little more free time and less family obligations (read kids grown) than some, but nevertheless, just a guy with a passion for cars and driving. I have made some connections over the years, and yes, do enjoy some limited sponsorship. HOWEVER, I logged 14400 miles on my charger last year, driving to events, racing and driving home, plus about 5000 more on my truck towing the car. If you are willing to make that kind of commitment, your phone will ring too and you will start getting some sponsorship. You have to show you are committed first though, then the phone will ring, not the other way around. There are way too many cars in garages that will never be finished for companies to just mail out parts to everyone that comes along.

Put another way, if you can't afford to finish your car, you can't afford sponsored parts either. Nothing in this ole world is free.

Sorry, not beating you up Kovert, just trying to clear up the myths about sponsorship, highly visible cars, Joe Public and public perception.

I could not have said it better. Bravo Billy Big Block

Trevon
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
This one will be great to follow...definitely will be an awesome build. If my car ever gets half as nice as this will be I'll be ecstatic! :2nd:

MrQuick
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM

couldn't find a nicer body to start with hu Bill? haaa haaa ......wow, its already done. So this is a RAM AIR III car????

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
couldn't find a nicer body to start with hu Bill? haaa haaa ......wow, its already done. So this is a RAM AIR III car????
RAIII car w/ a partial RAIV motor.....

Larry Callahan
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
How did the name "ERNREE" come about?

cobragt
06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome aboard Bill! Now I'm going to bug you, is Bull Run coming back for another season???
MR ANGRY how goes it? This ain't BULLRUN baby, I finally get to have a bit of fun for myself. You surprised like everyone else that I'm not transforming one of the Mopars?

GOLDBERG
06-10-2011, 09:25 PM
How did the name "ERNREE" come about?

Evening Larry,

The name ERNREE has a bit of a long story attached, but I will condense.

I restored a 1967 Mercury truck for my wife that she and practically her entire family learned to drive in. She affectionately named the truck "Ernie". Carrying a slant 6 and a light green paint job, we thought the name was quite appropriate. I told the story earlier about selling her 100 point '67 XKE, and having an empty space, I decided to build her something completely opposite of her Mercury....something loud, mean,fast and in your face.
SO.....ERNREE is ERNIE's alter ego (his violent side).....finally allowing me to give my awesome, ex stuntwoman wife a car that truly is an extension of BOTH our personalities!!!

See for yourself....

BLWN1
06-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Will this beast be in Pigeon Forge in September? Love these cars, I regeret not buying a burnt orange colored one a few years ago at the GRAND RUN....

Chris

DJW32
06-10-2011, 09:46 PM
This will be a fun one to watch! Goldberg seemed very enthusiastic at Del Mar this spring.

He was very excited at Optima and Del Mar. Cool to see him build a sweet car.

DJW32
06-10-2011, 09:46 PM
How soon until we see build pics?

454bug
06-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey Bill,

Since you're surely going to be uploading a lot of progress pictures on this thread, you might consider displaying them in a larger format... I find it a lot more "viewer friendly" to have them already loaded that way so everyone doesn't have to click on a number of smaller thumbnail pics...

Something like this:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/getattachment-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/MVC004F_1-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_0318-1.jpg

Just a suggestion...

If interested, sign up for a free membership on www.photobucket.com. Upload your pictures in a personal album. When you're ready to post your pictures in your build thread, go to the "quick reply" box at the end of your thread, click on the "Go advanced" button. In that "Advanced" box, type your message and when you're ready to post a picture, have a second "window" open on your computer. Have your Photobucket account open on the second window. Go to the picture you want to post. When you pass your mouse over the desired picture, an option menu will display below that picture. Click your mouse on the bottom-most link called, "IMG Code". It should say, "Copied". If it doesn't, then click on your right mouse button and click, "save". Then jump back over to your ERNREE "build thread" in the "Advanced" box and click the right mouse button and click, "paste". To see if the submittal looks good, click on the "Preview Post" to make sure everything is laid out properly. If it all looks cool, click the "Submit Reply" button and you're good to go!!

Hope that helps!! :cheers:

cobragt
06-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Besides the album on here doesn't hold to many photos, I learned that really quick.

454bug
06-10-2011, 10:31 PM
P.S.... I REALLY like your GARAGE MAHAL!!! :twothumbs

Now THAT is EVERY man's dream... :headbang:

aronhk_md
06-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Just tuning in here....welcome Bill! Have enjoyed watching you on TV those few occasions I've seen you. LOL Like others here I am a bit partial to the early 2nd gen birds, as you can probably see. Have had a fair share of them, and glad to see them finally coming into their own. I too started out amazed and attracted to stock versions, but I'm not what most call a normal person anyway and it wasnt long before the wilder part of my soul called out for something more individual. More me. So now I have The BEAST......my 73 TA 462 with a turbo.

I really must say I love what you are doing with yours. The minimalist approach to external styling is going to go a long way toward making this a knockout.

Not sure what your plans are beyond what has been outlined, but as a long time 2nd gen owner (and I realize you are too) I'm going to throw some suggestions at you.

First, if you arent already planning to throw one of those beautiful Art Morrison 2nd gen full frames under it, make sure its tied together tightly from front to rear......cage too. I'm putting a tilt one piece glass front end on mine, and with your carbon fiber pieces up front you are going to need it rock solid from front to rear or I see trouble brewing...same as mine. On a stock car you can see every joint up front move tremendously if you lift one corner of the car, and those front fenders/inner wheel wells/core support/nose actually were sort of stressed members.

Second.....space under these cars is at a premium when it comes to headers. If you end up looking at options for headers that come any lower than your LS oil pan you'll be unhappy.....I can get you hooked up with custom built Tri-y headers (not 3 tube...real tri-y's that'll fit a 2nd gen frame) at a great price. I know the guy who builds them. There may be other options out there I dont know of, but this is definitely an option as he's built many sets for 2nd gen birds.....including Roger Bolligers winning 1970 Jerry Titus Trans Am clone in europe. If you havent seen it Bill......you'll love watching the video of Roger mopping up some incredible cars including a 1000 hp 935 porsche on the roadrace course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv4qouMwhj8

Third, you definitely need some sort of power adder. :) The best bang for your buck when it comes to leaving everyone else behind. LOL. My vote for your LS motor would be to supercharge it.

I've subscribed to your thread Bill, and look forward watching it come to life. Hope to meet you and your wife someday to share some fun with the smell of roasted rubber lingering on the air.

Aron

MrQuick
06-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Am I the only one that :seizure: and then wants to Jackhammer my monitor after that video? Just sayin...

Gitter Dun
06-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Welcome aboard Goldberg, I've always liked the old T/A's.

On a second note I guess Bolliger isn't much for heal/toe. As far as mopping up the Porsche, its pretty obvious the Porsche had issues and let him by. Bad Ass T/A though.

Never mind me, back to the regularly scheduled program.

aronhk_md
06-11-2011, 12:41 AM
The porsche did have some issues that race, but Roger had last I heard won 3 of 4 races this season against some pretty impressive cars including that porsche again if I understand correctly. The 4th race he broke a driveshaft I believe. Regardless....makes me want to ship my car over there and join in the fun! lol

Off Duty
06-11-2011, 01:04 AM
47420...I decided to build her something completely opposite of her Mercury....something loud, mean,fast and in your face.
SO.....ERNREE is ERNIE's alter ego (his violent side)...
:lol:
It finally hit me, now I get it!:hand:

Just like reading a custom tag, I too had been racking my brain trying to figure out the reason behind the name.

First thought of course, was "Ernie."
Nah, that can't be right. Too far off.

Now that you laid it out, it makes sense (at least to my feeble brain).

"Ernree"....being from the south, I can say that I've the word pronounced phonetically, just this way, on many an occasion:rotfl:

As he said.
The car's loud, mean in your face, just plain ORNERY!!
Or as we refer to it in native redneck....Ernree.:smoke:

Even close Bill?:cheers:

GOLDBERG
06-11-2011, 04:28 AM
You are spot on my friend......
:lol:
It finally hit me, now I get it!:hand:

Just like reading a custom tag, I too had been racking my brain trying to figure out the reason behind the name.

First thought of course, was "Ernie."
Nah, that can't be right. Too far off.

Now that you laid it out, it makes sense (at least to my feeble brain).

"Ernree"....being from the south, I can say that I've the word pronounced phonetically, just this way, on many an occasion:rotfl:

As he said.
The car's loud, mean in your face, just plain ORNERY!!
Or as we refer to it in native redneck....Ernree.:smoke:

Even close Bill?:cheers:

tazzz25906112
06-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Cool that had me scratching my head too frankly LOL..... "in your face" but not for long with how this suckers being built LOL...

GOLDBERG
06-11-2011, 05:43 AM
.....gives the people behind me something to think about!!!
Cool that had me scratching my head too frankly LOL..... "in your face" but not for long with how this suckers being built LOL...

GOLDBERG
06-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Thank you very much for the help Ray....

Hey Bill,

Since you're surely going to be uploading a lot of progress pictures on this thread, you might consider displaying them in a larger format... I find it a lot more "viewer friendly" to have them already loaded that way so everyone doesn't have to click on a number of smaller thumbnail pics...

Something like this:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/getattachment-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/MVC004F_1-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_0318-1.jpg

Just a suggestion...

If interested, sign up for a free membership on www.photobucket.com. Upload your pictures in a personal album. When you're ready to post your pictures in your build thread, go to the "quick reply" box at the end of your thread, click on the "Go advanced" button. In that "Advanced" box, type your message and when you're ready to post a picture, have a second "window" open on your computer. Have your Photobucket account open on the second window. Go to the picture you want to post. When you pass your mouse over the desired picture, an option menu will display below that picture. Click your mouse on the bottom-most link called, "IMG Code". It should say, "Copied". If it doesn't, then click on your right mouse button and click, "save". Then jump back over to your ERNREE "build thread" in the "Advanced" box and click the right mouse button and click, "paste". To see if the submittal looks good, click on the "Preview Post" to make sure everything is laid out properly. If it all looks cool, click the "Submit Reply" button and you're good to go!!

Hope that helps!! :cheers:

shmoov69
06-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Just now saw this thread. Looks like it is going to be a killer ride! Welcome to the site Bill, it will be nice to have someone "big" it the hobby that actully IS a REAL car guy! I look forward to seeing this come along.
Welcome!!

WS6
06-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I met Bill at a UGA game many years ago. Right around his hey-day in the 'rassling world. Yup, fellow UGA man here!!

x2, I graduated last year 2010.

Anyway, welcome Bill. The rendering looks great and I can't wait to see the build photos. You're going to love driving that thing with all the great parts planned for it. Great project name too.

srh3trinity
06-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Cool to have you joining our ranks, but even better, it looks like we are getting another quality second gen 'bird/TA. I always liked watching you during the WCW days and I have enjoyed the Bullrun shows. It was pretty clear from watching those shows that you are a car guy.

Off Duty
06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
You are spot on my friend......

Whoo hoo..:woot: oh yeah...:yeah::lmao: (ok, nuff of that crap!)

.....gives the people behind me something to think about!!!

I'm sure that's going to be a very long line.....:6gears:
:cheers:

trapin
06-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the site Bill, I always loved watching you when you wrestled because you just went by your name and didn't have to create a persona (Like The Iron Shiek or The Undertaker). You always reminded me of the old school guys.

The car looks great, you are in great hands with Hermance and all the others I saw on board. Watch out for that Howell guy though.....he can be a bit of a media whore. :)

So I have to ask (since I'm from Detroit), when you played for the Atlanta Falcons back in the day....did you ever get a hit on Barry Sanders?

GOLDBERG
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the site Bill, I always loved watching you when you wrestled because you just went by your name and didn't have to create a persona (Like The Iron Shiek or The Undertaker). You always reminded me of the old school guys.

The car looks great, you are in great hands with Hermance and all the others I saw on board. Watch out for that Howell guy though.....he can be a bit of a media whore. :)

So I have to ask (since I'm from Detroit), when you played for the Atlanta Falcons back in the day....did you ever get a hit on Barry Sanders?

ABSOLUTELY! BUT.....he's another Oklahoma boy like myself so I went easy on him! (right....only got him once....)

89 RS
06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Welcome Bill, you are building a sweet ride! Very cool to see you on here and being a part of this great hobby. I was able to meet you a few years back at Barrett-Jackson and came to realize that even with all of the things you do on camera, you came across very humble and just another car guy. Look forward to seeing your build progress and then getting to see you or your wife enjoy driving it! Going to the Run to Music City few weeks ago really opened my eyes up as far as the quality of people involved in this hobby, great people and good times!

GOLDBERG
06-11-2011, 01:32 PM
How soon until we see build pics?

Very soon

wmhjr
06-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Hell, Bill - with that list of sponsors I kind of expected the build to be half done by now! Maybe even see the car on the track at Gingerman next weekend!

Bill Howell
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
OK, one small, quickie for now. You know me guys, one at the time, piece them together and you get the whole car....hahahaha

Steve Firebird
06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Wow I have not been on the site for a while and BAM this pops up. I have say great car to start with Bill. I love the firebirds. Welcome to the sickness ( a little late I know)
Steve

Larry Callahan
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Bill,

I think I fixed this. All attachments "should" show up full size now.

DFRESH
06-11-2011, 06:28 PM
You def seemed pretty pumped at Optima this past year---A couple of us were chatting with you and I mentioned you could get in on the action down in So Cal at Bill and the boys RTTC at El Toro---looks like that is gonna happen now! This hobby and the people around it are the best there are---all fun and low to no drama. I can't wait to school you with my one legger bro---LOL. Welcome to the site!!!!

Doug

Chevrolaine
06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Great thread, Great Build, Great sponsors, Great guy, and never in my life have I seen or heard of a Mercury truck! Is this a great place or what?!

tazzz25906112
06-12-2011, 05:19 AM
You def seemed pretty pumped at Optima this past year---A couple of us were chatting with you and I mentioned you could get in on the action down in So Cal at Bill and the boys RTTC at El Toro---looks like that is gonna happen now! This hobby and the people around it are the best there are---all fun and low to no drama. I can't wait to school you with my one legger bro---LOL. Welcome to the site!!!!

Doug

Now Bill this is a guy you need to watchout for,,,,,,, He's going to want to invite you to some silly little Taco party at the "Run To The Coast" next year and you're not going to have any fun at all ROFLMAO.... You see he figured out that the best way to getting my attention was to feed me and coax me into sharing some nectar of the Gods (thanks to mr. Bill) ;-).... Now what ever you do,,,, don't let him introduce you to Elvis,,,,, that's right buddy, Elvis does make the odd appearance over at Doug's... He doesn't come around but once a year,,, however when he does it's a sideshow not to be missed LOL....

Serious this one is touched,,, and funny member of the community that you are going to love meeting Bill,,,, not that the rest aren't fun and great, but this guys is absolutely fantastic and a great soul as well that I have the pleasure of calling a friend......

GOLDBERG
06-12-2011, 06:22 AM
I think I fixed this. All attachments "should" show up full size now.

.....Finally discovered PhotoBucket........ now let's see if I can use it!

GOLDBERG
06-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Now Bill this is a guy you need to watchout for,,,,,,, He's going to want to invite you to some silly little Taco party at the "Run To The Coast" next year and you're not going to have any fun at all ROFLMAO.... You see he figured out that the best way to getting my attention was to feed me and coax me into sharing some nectar of the Gods (thanks to mr. Bill) ;-).... Now what ever you do,,,, don't let him introduce you to Elvis,,,,, that's right buddy, Elvis does make the odd appearance over at Doug's... He doesn't come around but once a year,,, however when he does it's a sideshow not to be missed LOL....

Serious this one is touched,,, and funny member of the community that you are going to love meeting Bill,,,, not that the rest aren't fun and great, but this guys is absolutely fantastic and a great soul as well that I have the pleasure of calling a friend......

Looking forward to all the entertainment. Thank you for the heads up. And by the way, I played for Jerry Glanville, so I've already been introduced to Elvis!!!

tazzz25906112
06-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Oh well then this will be "OLD HAT" for you guys then LOL..... Note to self, don't miss Doug's annual taco party with entertainment provided by Doug & Bill LOL,,, man this sport of ours just keeps getting better and better.....

DFRESH
06-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh well then this will be "OLD HAT" for you guys then LOL..... Note to self, don't miss Doug's annual taco party with entertainment provided by Doug & Bill LOL,,, man this sport of ours just keeps getting better and better.....

Albert---you are too kind my friend. BG won't admit it, but I used to push him around in High School---

Hurry up and start making those Carbon Fiber 69 Camaro headlights I ordered---it's gonna save .3 pds.

Party at my place next year--Long Live Elivis Goldberg!

tazzz25906112
06-12-2011, 08:50 AM
ROFLMAO,,, you mean those headlights you order at the last party,,,, the light weight version,,, I'll get right on it bud ;-)

1969CamaroRS
06-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Very interesting project, like the rendering. Definitely looking forward to lots of build pics *hint* *hint*. Welcome aboard!

sniper
06-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Who is Goldberg? :geek:

JEFFTATE
06-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Nice to have you onboard Goldberg . Can't wait to meet you at some events ..

NYC
06-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Congrats Goldberg! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

sleeper67
06-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Welcome Bill. Glad to see you are building such a great toy. I've been coming here almost daily just to get my fix of car builds and project updates. I can't get enough! This is a good example of another build that i will be following very closely. I get my ideas and inspiration from everybody here. Good luck the rest of the way through, I wish you the best. By the way, I had to dig up this old pic of me. Yes, I've been a fan for a long time. Go get em!

130fe
06-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Looks to be a great project. Welcome to the board Bill!

scogin918
06-13-2011, 06:28 AM
2nd Gen 'Birds are my absolute favorite Pontiac design. Can't wait to see it out.

TheJDMan
06-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Bill,
The only potential down side I see to this build is that you will likely have to build two PT cars, one for you and one for your wife! Because once she drives this car she is going to want one for herself.

Bill Howell
06-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Bill,
The only potential down side I see to this build is that you will likely have to build two PT cars, one for you and one for your wife! Because once she drives this car she is going to want one for herself.

LOL, that is what happened to Kyle Tucker, Stacy said he had to have his own car, she was tired of him beating on her 69.
I love the fact that Wanda is going to run the wheels off this, it will help show women belong in this sport as well as guys and may help inspire other husband and wife teams, like the Tuckers, Farringtons and Lumpps.

GOLDBERG
06-13-2011, 08:07 AM
LOL, that is what happened to Kyle Tucker, Stacy said he had to have his own car, she was tired of him beating on her 69.
I love the fact that Wanda is going to run the wheels off this, it will help show women belong in this sport as well as guys and may help inspire other husband and wife teams, like the Tuckers, Farringtons and Lumpps.

......and now the Goldberg's!

BirdsThaWord
06-13-2011, 08:11 AM
GREAT! Another f ing 'Bird that will be done before mine! Seriously though Bill, I know you're a busy guy and all. I hope (for your sake) you will get adequate time to drive the snot out of it and not have to let it sit like that Jag did.

MichaelUser
06-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Bill,

Glad to see my favorite GM getting a great makeover. I would like to suggest the a name change to McQ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX0GsD2K8tc

Dug the car ever since.

Thanks

Doug1
06-13-2011, 10:06 AM
......and now the Goldberg's!

Isn't there another couple? The Pozzis :-)

BonzoHansen
06-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Good lord it's Goldberg!! Do you fit in a 2nd gen ok? You're a big dude.

Can't wait to see it, I love early 2nd gen birds. I plan on being at SEMA and the Optima deal so I hope I get to see it up close & personal! I talked to Albert in April and I know his CF panels are going to be bad ass and high quality. And if all else fails Bill Howell has that crazy apple pie.

I love that buccaneer red bird too. That color really pops in the sun. My 77 Z is a very similar red to that.

Hey, still got any contacts at your old employer? I’m taking my 7 & 10 year old boys to the WWE in NJ Saturday as a surprise. They are living & breathing WWE right now, and are big John Cena fans. They’d go crazy to meet some of those guys. (that’s right, I went there, can’t hurt to ask, he can only say no! lol). I think I scored a cool point of two the other night when I said you signed up here.

Thanks & welcome aboard, Scott-

Bill Howell
06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Isn't there another couple? The Pozzis :-)

Who are they?

Tony_SS
06-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Welcome Bill!

The rest of you guys are cracking me up!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/636555/mj-fans-1.html) GIFSoup (http://www.gifsoup.com/)

6'9"Witha69
06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the board Bill. One of the few guys near my height, of course you may have a few pounds on me!

These guys are a great bunch, and it sounds like you are in good hands.

Definitely wnt to watch this build.

GOLDBERG
06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1331-1.jpg

GOLDBERG
06-14-2011, 06:43 AM
img instead of url
I'm slow ain't I..........?

RS_Customs
06-14-2011, 06:46 AM
.....Finally discovered PhotoBucket........ now let's see if I can use it!

Yes you did! Nice backgrounds! I like how the only new car in the garage picture is outside and the muscle are all inside lol.

Robert

Bill Howell
06-14-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm slow ain't I..........?
NO, you just had a dumbass for a teacher.....me.....haha

Torquedork
06-14-2011, 07:05 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif:1st:

GOLDBERG
06-14-2011, 08:58 AM
LS7 sitting at Hendrick Motorsports......waiting for its new home!https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1486-1.jpg

Ron.in.SoCal
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Build thread is now official! :thumbs:

Off Duty
06-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Here we go........:6gears:

AdvAutoBob
06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Just found this thread... let me add another "Welcome!" to the others, Bill.
Now I know why I've saved a 2nd gen from the crusher for after my GTO build! Looking forward to your project as it evolves. :)

AM.MSCL
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
LS7 sitting at Hendrick Motorsports......waiting for its new home!https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1486-1.jpg

Can you provide Full specs on the engine build or do they keep that secret?

justimagine
06-14-2011, 12:33 PM
The guys over at Ridelust dot com really like the project!!

http://www.ridelust.com/goldberg-trans-am/

csx4766
06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Goldberg,
Sweet TA! A LSU classmate many years ago had a 71 TA Ram Air the same color blue with blue interior. I loved that car. At that time I was driving a 71 Cutlass which I still miss.

Morgan

Will Baty
06-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Cant wait to drive it :)

BulldawgMusclecars
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
First off, many thx for the invite to be a part of such a passionate group. There is not a person on the planet that does not know I'm a car guy, and with this being said I'm stunned it took me this long to jump in! There is one very important thing that I must say.......my intent is not to barge into this arena with my chest out exclaiming "Who's Next! My objective is to blend in as one of the guys and quietly do what I can to further the sport.
There is a bit of a backstory on the car, so here goes......stick with me....

I purchased a 1967 Jag XKE roadster for my wife about 5yrs ago. After an extensive 100 pt 2 yr resto my intent was to show the car then drive it every now and then. Well......after completion, for 3yrs the car sat without being started ONCE! A travesty I know but true non the less. Then, after attending and hosting clearly one of the coolest events on the planet, the Optima Ultimate Streetcar Invitational, I came up with a brilliant plan (with LOTS of help from my buddy Billy Howell) to make it right. Backing up a bit, during the filming of The Longest Yard in '06, I spotted an add for a RAM AIR IV T/A on Ebay. I knew I'd seen the car before (Hemming's 8mths prior) as I've been on the lookout for one of these bad boys to park next to my '73 Super Duty for a while. I'm 90% a numbers matching guy, and I always do my homework......except this time! I put a modest bid in, went to set for filming, and upon my return I realized I was the new owner of a '70 Ram Air IV!!!!......Except it was a RAIII body, with a RAIII block and RAIV heads! Even the best of us get had, but it was clearly my own fault for not investigating it further. BUT MY LOSS IS MY WIFE'S GAIN!!!!!!! Upon returning home, I started to execute our plan. I sold the Jag, made some calls, and started to strip the T/A for it's rebirth. Let's just say that this plan could not have been a better one......I sell the car that has no business sitting next my American Muscle Cars, and I give an ex stuntwomen and love of my life a car that she can actually beat to death and have fun while she's doing it! Truly a dream come true for us both.

Now the excitement of the event was awesome, but what truly drew me to the hobby were the people involved. What a breath of fresh air to meet such passionate and accommodating people.

So with all that being said, I'm honored to be invited to be one of the group. I will do everything in my power to properly represent the hobby and bring as many eyes and ears to the events as possible to help further the growth of the sport. I thank all of the great sponsors involved, and hope everyone follows the build as we're all very excited!! STAY TUNED!!!!!!

The Humbled....GOLDBERG

Glad to see you here Goldberg! I have been a big fan of yours since your days "Between the Hedges"...I'm a UGA grad (1993) if you hadn't guessed by my business name! Hope to see you at some events!

GOLDBERG
06-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Cant wait to drive it :)

YOU WISH!!!!! You couldn't reach the pedals!!!

GOLDBERG
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Glad to see you here Goldberg! I have been a big fan of yours since your days "Between the Hedges"...I'm a UGA grad (1993) if you hadn't guessed by my business name! Hope to see you at some events!

Great to see another "DAWG" for sure! I knew UGA bred some gearheads!

GOLDBERG
06-14-2011, 04:59 PM
A bit of progress.......https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1599-1.jpg

Z06killinSBF
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Deff a nice build for sure. Its gonna be a looker. I can't wait to see this thing done!!

badbu68
06-14-2011, 05:55 PM
So would you compete in your own show?

Will Baty
06-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I will be driving it...Mark my words!
YOU WISH!!!!! You couldn't reach the pedals!!!

Stg1Regal
06-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Wow and welcome aboard Bill, to our neck of the woods. Can't wait to follow your build and then get to see you beat on it, like you did to the other guys in wrestling.
Awesome car, and looking foward to seeing you at the events!!
BTW dig the show Bullrun!!!

tazzz25906112
06-14-2011, 08:04 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1331-1.jpg

Now I'm the one feeling inspired LOL,,,,, "Very Nice" Bill. I'll bet that gets the blood flowing pal.

tazzz25906112
06-14-2011, 08:24 PM
BTW Bill, do me favor and drop me some info/pic's on that little white jewel in the background... It looks like it would make life bloody lovely with engine pickups and swaps,,, not to mention general parts pickup too...

454bug
06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
That's a GREAT lookin' Camaro Bill!!

If that car inspires you, then these two Jerry Titus cars should get your blood pumpin' as well... :headbang:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/MH036285-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/_SND9555-1.jpg https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/MH035985-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/crnd0583-1.jpg https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/_COR1502-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/_COR0261-1.jpghttps://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/_SAN3199-1.jpg

Z06killinSBF
06-15-2011, 06:05 AM
That #8 Bird is tits!!

BulldawgMusclecars
06-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Great to see another "DAWG" for sure! I knew UGA bred some gearheads!

If you ever remember seeing a black '57 Chevy Belair with Weld Draglites on campus, that was me!
I've always thought that it was very cool that one of my favorite 'Dawgs of all time was a car guy, too! I have an old poster of you in the shop to this day:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1133-1.jpg

You may also want to check out my friend George Siegal's car, the "Yanque Tanque".

http://www.yanquetanque.com/

GOLDBERG
06-15-2011, 07:03 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1593-1.jpg

Product Update.....

Carbon Customs carbon fiber fenders being tested on project "ERNREE" arrive!!! Thank you Albert! (Beta pair ladies and gents....waiting for feedback) Awesome finish and waiting on fit. Stay tuned!!!!!!

srh3trinity
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh my, those look awesome. I can't wait until I can swing a pair of those.

tazzz25906112
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks Bill, I'm glad to see they arrived OK and that you're pleased with the product,,, I'll look forward to the updates on fit and your builders impressions of the product if he has a chance to come up for air....

BTW here is a little teaser for you buddy,,,, a quick water sand and puff to remove air borne impurities in the UV clear and it'll be real pretty my friend...It'll be coming your way tomorrow all things equal...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/Goldberghood-1.jpg

tazzz25906112
06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks Stephen, we're really excited with he product development as it's growing in leaps and bounds and look forward to entering the market place in the coming months.....

454bug
06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey Albert and Bill,

Do the front fenders follow the factory dimensions or are they flaired any amount for additional tire clearance and/or larger tire/wheel sizes??

Rod
06-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks Stephen, we're really excited with he product development as it's growing in leaps and bounds and look forward to entering the market place in the coming months.....

were do we see your products??

Jims78elky
06-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Those carbon fiber fenders are just SICK! Hell...leave em' off the car and mount them on the wall in the den for a conversation piece lol.

Way to go Bill..you must be stoked :jawdrop:

tazzz25906112
06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Ray the fenders in the picture are stock,,, However I am preparing a set of slightly modified fenders and inner fenders for the white 73 WarPath Light that we have a goal of trying to allow a 275 X 18 tire up front with the car slammed (maybe even a 285 if possible,,, jury is still out on that though).....

Rod, Anvil does have a few of our offerings,,, however the web site will debut with the bulk of our product will be released/launched/unveiled at a big SEMA party that I will be announcing in the coming weeks... We felt it is important to finish testing (been running product for over a year on some of my cars quietly, finalize the distribution chain and stock some of the offerings prior to release to the public....

You are seeing Beta product here and Bill Goldberg has agreed to test the parts for us,,, along with no other than our own Billy Howell who will be making an announcement about a little combined effort by my fellow RatPacker that he has up his sleeve in the coming weeks....

John Wright
06-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Cool stuff Albert!

GOLDBERG
06-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks Bill, I'm glad to see they arrived OK and that you're pleased with the product,,, I'll look forward to the updates on fit and your builders impressions of the product if he has a chance to come up for air....

BTW here is a little teaser for you buddy,,,, a quick water sand and puff to remove air borne impurities in the UV clear and it'll be real pretty my friend...It'll be coming your way tomorrow all things equal...

WOW Albert........and I'm painting these? I must be crazy!!!!!

Tony_SS
06-16-2011, 06:54 AM
I dont think I could paint that..

John Wright
06-16-2011, 07:25 AM
WOW Albert........and I'm painting these? I must be crazy!!!!!It's going to be stealthy.....the good stuff is hid from the unsuspecting victims until it's too late and all they see is tail lights.

BonzoHansen
06-16-2011, 07:36 AM

do it. real men paint CF. at least most of it. :)

Bow Tie 67
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Ray the fenders in the picture are stock,,, However I am preparing a set of slightly modified fenders and inner fenders for the white 73 WarPath Light that we have a goal of trying to allow a 275 X 18 tire up front with the car slammed (maybe even a 285 if possible,,, jury is still out on that though).....

Rod, Anvil does have a few of our offerings,,, however the web site will debut with the bulk of our product will be released/launched/unveiled at a big SEMA party that I will be announcing in the coming weeks... We felt it is important to finish testing (been running product for over a year on some of my cars quietly, finalize the distribution chain and stock some of the offerings prior to release to the public....

You are seeing Beta product here and Bill Goldberg has agreed to test the parts for us,,, along with no other than our own Billy Howell who will be making an announcement about a little combined effort by my fellow RatPacker that he has up his sleeve in the coming weeks....

Albert sick looking products, I'm looking forward to the website and some of the things we talked about last year at Motorstate. I'll see you and the family tomorrow, let Albert and Christian know my right seat is open this weekend.

csx4766
06-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Some of the aftermarket products for the 1st and 2nd gen Camaros and Firebirds is amazing. Wish it was that way for the 67-68 Mustangs.

Goldberg it look awesome. Love the fast progress of this build.

DJW32
06-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Bill,

The progress looks good.

Will you be adding any forced induction to this car?

GOLDBERG
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Bill,

The progress looks good.

Yes sir! We're working on it as we speak....

QDiesel
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
No...please don't paint the CF!!! That is just too damn sweet looking to touch!

Off Duty
06-17-2011, 01:31 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/IMG_1593-1.jpg

Product Update.....

Carbon Customs carbon fiber fenders being tested on project "ERNREE" arrive!!! Thank you Albert! (Beta pair ladies and gents....waiting for feedback) Awesome finish and waiting on fit. Stay tuned!!!!!!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
:cool::cheers:

OLDFLM
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM

Bill, Just leave the underside bare, it's well worth the look on puzzled faces when they ask where you got "the carbon fiber decal" and then raise the hood to show them that it's a full cf hood! :cool:

LeighP
06-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Damn....look at that stuff!!! (drools...)

critter
06-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Holy ****e! I'd call Albert but I know I can't afford it. But those are sweet. I need a sugar momma! :)

Lycan
06-17-2011, 09:37 AM
It`s looks super!!!

BirdsThaWord
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Those CF parts are trick! I wonder how much weight your dropping with them. Has to be a nice amount!

FRENCHBLUE72
06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I dont think I could paint those.... Beautiful pieces of art..

GOLDBERG
06-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Those CF parts are trick! I wonder how much weight your dropping with them. Has to be a nice amount!

No question a HUGE weight difference......mainly the nose section.

David Sloan
06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
No question a HUGE weight difference......mainly the nose section.

If i had to guess i would say at the very least it would be 200lbs to 300lbs. the nose/bumper on those things weight in at 80 to 90lbs if i remember right.
and i think it will be more!!!
It would be cool to have all the parts weight as they come off to see just how much it is.
Cool project, and Welcome to Pro-Touring

GOLDBERG
06-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Another sponsor jumps onboard! Welcome Clay and Clayton Machine Works to the party!!!!

DJW32
06-19-2011, 05:14 PM

Which application are looking at... turbos, centri, roots, or positive displacement (whipple)?

David

GOLDBERG
06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/Hobbs2011062100221-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/Hobbs2011062100218-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/Hobbs2011062100223-1.jpg

More parts trickle in.....Thank you to RingBrothers , Detroit Speed, Hurst Driveline Conversions, and Carbon Customs/Anvil! More work!!!!

bulldog19
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Clay and Clayton Machine...
Great Guy!!
Great Customer Service!!
Great Products!!
Bill those hinges look cool.
Whose Next???? to jump on board?
Be sure to let us know when that car is coming east.
I would love to see it and meet you as well.

GOLDBERG
06-21-2011, 12:04 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/Hobbs2011062100219-1.jpg

Can't forget the dash! Thx Autometer!

Bill Howell
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Who's headers?

GOLDBERG
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Who's headers?

The headers are from DSE....