PDA

View Full Version : 1969 camaro,LS2,mini tubed,g-link,running and driving project,feeler

Fillpot
06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Guy's been working on this car car off and on for about 3yrs now but thinking it may be time to do something different seems like I'm never going to get time to finish it.the car was originally a 350,at,a/c car with console,(when i bought it had a LT1 and a/t trans),it now has a 08 trailblazer LS2 with 4l60e trans,the motor has trick flow 225's,comp cam,still running the trailblazer intake and accesories,the trans is a performa built with yank convertor with 26k on both,minitubed,G-linked with a 9in ford rear, 4 wheel disc brakes(nothing fancy just standard brakes),15x4 and 15x12 custom corvette rally wheels with drag radials,the body has new front sheetmetal(fenders hood etc)i put new floor pans and a trunk pan in it,it's in black primer which has started fadding pretty bad.The quarters on the car need to be replaced or patched and there's some rust in the doors.The interior is out of the car but i do have new dash pad,door panels,head liner,and some dynamat extreme for it.There is probably a lot i'm forgetting,new covans dash with ulta lite 11's,be cool radiator,speartech harness,2in lowering springs in front,etc.All lights work but the under dash harness is pretty hacked up and was eventually going to replace it.With all that said the car is super strong,drives good rides good i drive it a lot actually,it's going to need weatherstriping,body work and paint,interior installed,just finishing it up.I no i've got over 30k at least in it but if I do decide to sell it i"e got to have 25k for it,does this sound realistic.It's located in South Alabama btw and pre 72 cars didn't have title so there's no title for it just a bill of sale,I'm going to try to get some pics this weekend if i can(working seven days a week)just thought I would throw it out there and see if the price seemed about right,sorry for the long post.THANKS!

Rod
06-07-2011, 09:15 PM
pictures will help, I'll wait :sleeping:

Ron.in.SoCal
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
As Rod said, tough to say w/o pics but by the descirption and what I've seen in the marketplace I'd say 25k is a bit high. Just a guess, but maybe $20k for a car that has some rust and needs qtrs/body/paint. Its got a nice PT start w the rear suspension and tubs. Nice motor tho and good luck...!

Fillpot
06-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank's guy's I hope to have some pics in a few days.THANKS!

Bill Howell
06-09-2011, 06:08 PM
How much body work? Rust? Rot? That seriously effects the price.

Fillpot
06-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I was just out looking at some of that,in all honesty the car could probably use a roof skin and full quarters,i'm thinking it came originally with a vinly top and it was all ready primered and ready for paint when i bought it and some things are starting to already come back threw.The rust is in the lower quarters mainly from what I can see,and there's a couple of spots at the bottom of the doors underneath that i had planned on putting some metal in because the outside of the doors are super straight.Just wanting to be honest as possible.You could get away with the top for now and patch the lower quarters,fix the doors and make the car look good,that's what i was planning to do because it's not going to be a show car but I wanted it to look decent and i plan on driving the **** out of it and do a lot of 1/8 mile drag racing.Going to get the pics soon then you can see alot better about what I'm talking about.THANKS!

robertjra
06-09-2011, 07:43 PM
pics?

Z06vet
06-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Send me some pics to [email protected]. Does it have AC? What are you running for fuel system? Is the interior new or does it all need to be replaced? Scott

Fillpot
06-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Scott,it's going to be this weekend before i get some pics,finally getting some time off,it's got a tanks inc pump in the stock tank with a corvette fuelfilter/regulater.Most of the interior is out of the car but i have new dash pad,door panels,headliner etc,to go back with when I finish the dynamat.It does not have a/c on it yet but the subframe is notched for the compressor,just haven't gotten that far yet.THANKS!

Fillpot
06-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Guy's going to have some pics this week,but just something else i was thinking about,would the motor, trans,headers,etc, be worth around 9k as a package deal,made 440rwhp low miles fully built 4l70e still in car and can here run and drive.Sorry for all the post just don't no what in the hell I want to do with it.THANKS!

Fillpot
07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Guy's I'm going to put the car up for sale for 23k,i'll should have some pics tomorrow,you can reach me here or at [email protected]!