PDA

View Full Version : New to the site. Long time car enthusiast

JonRB
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi. I'm Jon and I've been a car addict for over twenty years.

I just thought I'd join, mainly because I wanna tap the weath of knowledge. I've been aware or this site for quite some time, but never joined - I sorta always thought it might be a "big rim" crowd, but I've gonna over a few of the suspension tech threads, and, well, I want to know more.

I have two cars, an '85 200sx that's stretched and widend, that may get a 13B turbo shoved halfway under the firewall in future years, and the reason why I joined - A '78 Firebird, which is in a terrible state of disrepair.

I have gobs of parts for my Firebird, which I've owned since the mid '90s, and I'm eager to start the assembly. Most of my questions will be steering, suspension, brakes, and chassis(cage) related. I'm a vintage racecar fan, so most of my stuff gets bubble flairs and I'm still stuck on 15" deep dish wheels(opting for vintage style over scrub radius, bearing life, and huge discs with pistons on the outside of the rotor aswell as the inside) - Other than that, I'm 100% performance and don't mind having no radio, carpet, headliner, and I enjoy using a harness to go to the grocery store, aswell as climbing over rollbars and explaining various noises caused by mods such as welding subframes to bodys and spherical bearing suspensions.

CruizinKev
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
welcome aboard Jon!

67zo6Camaro
06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Jon, great to have you here. It actually sounds like you may have some experiences to contribute to this site.

Welcome.

NYC
06-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Welcome. I want to see pics of that '85 200sx!